The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel1769

a circle is round

A circle isn't round like a ball. A circle is 2 dimensional, not spherical. Isaiah knew the world for round. In Isaiah 22:18 he used the word "ball." A ball is round. A circle is not. It's hard to read the Bible literally and believe that the earth a sphere. You'd have to say that it's either all metaphoric, or that the writers of the Bible got it wrong.

turbosixx

Here is a short list of observable proofs for a flat earth:

1. There is no visible curvature.

2. All bodies of water are absolutely level.

3. All aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.

--Dave

I was in the navy and we had a powerful set of binoculars we called "big eyes". One day I could see a carrier way off in the distance but I could only see the top half. The rest was hidden by the curvature of the earth.

If the earth is flat, why are all the other celestial bodies spherical?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I was in the navy and we had a powerful set of binoculars we called "big eyes". One day I could see a carrier way off in the distance but I could only see the top half. The rest was hidden by the curvature of the earth.

Dave will suggest they are just flat like the earth. Science is wrong, apparently however, not the science that developed computers and the internet. Just the science he and his wackadoodle buddies do not "believe". Ah, well, we are on TOL.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The answer is in the videos, so I suggest you view some of them before you respond.

--Dave

chair

This is a text based forum, not a video sharing site, so I suggest you summarise your answer in a post.

I agree. It is a bit much to expect people to watch hours of videos. That is especially the case when they are reluctant to even consider your ideas. Why should a skeptic spend hours of his time watching videos about something he thinks is ridiculous? If you have a case to make, I expect it can be explained in a short paragraph.

There are such explanations about ships on the horizon online. They take about 2 minutes to read and understand, and another half minute to realize that they are silly.

Jose Fly

Dave will suggest they are just flat like the earth. Science is wrong, apparently however, not the science that developed computers and the internet. Just the science he and his wackadoodle buddies do not "believe". Ah, well, we are on TOL.

Then we all should be used to it, since that's no different than what we've seen from 6days and the other creationists around here. They all pretty much operate according to that framework, the only difference being which areas of science they apply it to. For Dave it's the shape of the earth and general cosmology, and with 6days et al. it's evolutionary biology, cosmology, and geology (generally speaking).

Status
Not open for further replies.