The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

csuguy

HA! I like his dedication. Ok, here's a couple challenges:

1. If the earth is "flat" and has been hit by meteors and such, why isn't the earth rotating around like a flipped coin in the air? We know it's not due to the consistent location of the North Star.

2. Where does the ocean go? Does it fall off the edge of the earth? Or is there some great barrier keeping it in place?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you noticed that when you look up at the moon, you always see the same features? You can see craters and patches of different colors. With a pair of binoculars or a telescope, you can make out even more detail. But no matter how you look at the moon, you're always seeing the same landscape. What's on the other side of the moon? --http://science.howstuffworks.com/dark-side-of-moon.htm

View attachment 25065

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
HA! I like his dedication. Ok, here's a couple challenges:

1. If the earth is "flat" and has been hit by meteors and such, why isn't the earth rotating around like a flipped coin in the air? We know it's not due to the consistent location of the North Star.

2. Where does the ocean go? Does it fall off the edge of the earth? Or is there some great barrier keeping it in place?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Quincy

There's cheap and easy to attain GPS out there. Get a device with it, pick a point, and start traveling until you get back to that point. Along the way, please video the edge of the plane we are on, step over the corner so that you're perpendicular to the plane we are on and then continue along the side of Earth until you climb over the corner to be under the plane we are on. Do that for the other side and then I'll believe the earth is flat. If you don't have to do any of that but you end up back at the same point, then the earth is some sort of spherical shape, not flat and doesn't continue on for some indefinite amount of distance.

Go out there and prove it for yourself, instead of believing random con artists on youtube who just want to make a bunch of nickels from you clicking on all their videos and the hope that you'll obsessively share them. That's the real tragedy in this. Before the internet, people, if they cared enough, would go out there on adventure and find out the truth for themselves. Now, they just sit on their computer believing whatever they see pop up.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bible says contrary.

Isaiah 40:22 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth,
and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;
that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain,
and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bible says contrary.

Isaiah 40:22 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth,
and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;
that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain,
and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

A circle is not a ball.

--Dave

csuguy

Lolz - Ok so you think there's a giant wall of ice keeping the sea in place, and defend the position by saying the governments keeping it a secret. Tell me - if the sun is rotating around the flat earth, from above to below it and back again, why is it so cold on the perimeters such that a giant ice ring would form like you are proposing? Ice monsters?

Also - I see you conveniently ignored my first challenge to you. No video for that one?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I spent many months now watching every conspiracy theory on you tube I could find. I had never considered them before but decided to see what they had to say. After all, as an open theist, I am a conspiracy theorist who claims that the church had for centuries covered up the literal view of God who has a past and a future and replaced it with a timeless God of Greek philosophy.

Am I a conspiracy theorist for believing in creation instead of evolution? Some would say yes. I would have to say that the many flights I have taken from New York City to Minneapolis over the years have convinced me that the earth is flat and not moving beneath the plane.

I could be a Christian, free and open theist, if the earth is a globe or flat. Having lived through the 50's to today I have no good reason to believe our government, the CIA, NASA, or modern science about anything.

I think that the you tube conspiracy folk should be heard and have a right to freely publish on the internet. The arguments for a flat, stationary earth are very compelling and the "we went to the moon" crowd are very suspicious. I offer this thread as a very possible truth that we should not lightly dismiss. I hope that many here will examine closely the arguments made for this Biblically supported cosmology.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.