The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Jennings

So we had the technology to get to the moon, take a picture of the earth but not the stars. I don't think so. Some have argued that the moon, without an atmosphere to interfere with, would be an ideal place to take pics of the stars. In any event, the absence of visible stars from the Apollo mission is one evidence that the videos were shot in a studio and not from the moon.

--Dave
Do you think that taking photos of the stars was a priority for them? They didn't care if the stars got photographed or not. They wanted the moon and Earth. There was no technology gap, they just didn't count on conspiracy theorists seizing on the visibility of stars as a piece of evidence. Had they known, maybe they would've tried harder.

Camera technology and spacecraft technology are independent of each other. The camera on your smartphone is infinitely better than what they brought with them to the moon, and even it would have trouble grabbing the stars.

Where do you stand on the flag issue? It waves constantly in the moon footage

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Evidence that we never went to the moon;

1. No pictures of stars.
2. Flag waving where no wind exists.

I will keep adding to this list.

--Dave

Daniel1769

Regardless of your position on the shape of the earth, the reality of the cosmos, or anything else...that moon footage is garbage. At the very least, it was faked to try to coax the Soviets into spending more money and/or to scare them that America could weaponize space. Now that we have computers and can pause, slow down, and speed up that footage, it is obviously a hoax.

Greg Jennings

If flight plans were adjusted for the curvature of the earth, the plane would need to constantly descend to follow the curvature of the earth and not fly straight out into space. Why planes aren't constantly descending to follow the curvature is an anomaly.

No....that's incorrect. Gravity makes sure that the plane doesn't fly off into space. It's kind of like how objects orbit planets, but I suppose flat earthers don't buy into gravity around round objects either

Daniel1769

No....that's incorrect. Gravity makes sure that the plane doesn't fly off into space. It's kind of like how objects orbit planets, but I suppose flat earthers don't buy into gravity around round objects either

The question is, why doesn't it just pull the plane back to earth? It if pulls trillions of gallons of water to the earth, and pulls skyscrapers to the earth, why doesn't gravity just pull smoke and helium and birds to the earth? Gravity is strong enough to hold my house to the earth, but not the smoke from the chimney.

Daniel1769

Why doesn't gravity make sure rockets don't fly into space? Why is it selective about the aircraft it affects?

Quincy

Regardless of your position on the shape of the earth, the reality of the cosmos, or anything else...that moon footage is garbage. At the very least, it was faked to try to coax the Soviets into spending more money and/or to scare them that America could weaponize space. Now that we have computers and can pause, slow down, and speed up that footage, it is obviously a hoax.

Don't you think that the soviets had their own equipment, that they were using to verify that the landing was taking place? That they checked to make sure radio waves were coming from where the Americans claimed? Why would the Soviets be complicit in a hoax if it was actually meant to fake them out?

Secondly, how did the retro-reflectors get on the moon? No natural terrain will reflect back a signal as precisely as those do.

Also, it's incredibly unpatriotic to spit in the face of perhaps your nation's greatest scientific achievement. It ought to be treason, not saying you're a citizen of the U.S. . I don't know, but the people who are and also try to undermine their countrymen's achievements are ridiculous.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Camera technology and spacecraft technology are independent of each other. The camera on your smartphone is infinitely better than what they brought with them to the moon, and even it would have trouble grabbing the stars.

Where do you stand on the flag issue? It waves constantly in the moon footage[/QUOT

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Gravity is an attempt to explain why everything does not fly off a globe that is spinning at the speed of sound, which is what basic physics demands.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

Why doesn't gravity make sure rockets don't fly into space? Why is it selective about the aircraft it affects?

It's not! You can drive a plane into space. It happens daily. But you have to go up! Not horizontal to the ground!

Slight correction: you need rocket boosters. Planes go up due to lift caused by air flowing over the wings. Close to space there isn't enough air to do this

Daniel1769

Don't you think that the soviets had their own equipment, that they were using to verify that the landing was taking place? That they checked to make sure radio waves were coming from where the Americans claimed? Why would the Soviets be complicit in a hoax if it was actually meant to fake them out?

Secondly, how did the retro-reflectors get on the moon? No natural terrain will reflect back a signal as precisely as those do.

Also, it's incredibly unpatriotic to spit in the face of perhaps your nation's greatest scientific achievement. It ought to be treason, not saying you're a citizen of the U.S. . I don't know, but the people who are and also try to undermine their countrymen's achievements are ridiculous.

Your assertion that questioning something from a TV broadcast that I wasn't even alive for is "treason" discredits everything else you are going to say here. "You dare question the TV?! Treason!" How idiotic. Sorry I hurt your wittle feewlings.

chair

The Biblical cosmology is "literally" a flat earth.

I was as skeptical as anyone else until I decide just to take a look at some of these videos.

I think many will be as surprised as I was at how good the evidence is for flat earth.

I had no idea that any body here would be so timid and resistant to just take a look.

--Dave

like I said: give us a reason besides your say-so.

chair

For those of you who can't put a little time into seeing some of these videos are not doing so because you are afraid, and any other reason is a lie.

Seeing is believing on this subject.

"Literally" the Biblical cosmology is a flat earth.

--Dave

Dave, 2 hours is not "a little time".

I suspect two things:
1. You don't really understand the arguments yourself well enough to present them, so you are hoping that the videos will do the work for you.
2. You start from some basic assumptions: A) The Bible is the literal Word of God, B)The Bible should be understood completely literally, C) The Bible says the Earth is flat. Given the above assumptions, there is no evidence whatsoever that will convince you that the earth is spherical. All facts will somehow, come hell or high water, be explained away.

Chair

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pop goes the balloon.......

Pop goes the balloon.......

Hi Dave :) - I miss our wonderful philosophical discussions of the past, but most of those epic threads have been 'purged' due to their age :(

Now you're on the 'flat earth' band wagon....what went wrong? LOL - just kidding. - I do have a question though,...earlier you may have alluded to some biblical evidence for a 'flat earth', but it seems other passages about the earth being a 'circle' or 'sphere' would support the accepted view of we living on a 'globe'. Sorry If I missed an explanation of this, but could you share any biblical support or passages for a 'flat earth' view, and if you see there being any significance with this issue, if indeed we have been mistaken for believing the earth is a sphere? Any serious theologial implications here, beyond a scientific awakening?

You also realize that conspiracy theories can also hit home to our religious beliefs, especially the inerrancy of the bible - just saying :cool:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I really can't believe there are people left who still think the earth is flat. Are they the same people who believe in Greys, Reptilians, Godzilla, Rodan, The Boogeyman, The Easter Bunny, The tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Chupacabra, Out of body experiences, Shadow People, and Superman? Just curious?

gcthomas

Gravity is an attempt to explain why everything does not fly off a globe that is spinning at the speed of sound, which is what basic physics demands.

--Dave

As a Physicist, I declare your understanding of basic Physics to be too weak for you to make reasonable claims about models of the Earth. No reasonable discussion is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.