The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. It is a bit much to expect people to watch hours of videos. That is especially the case when they are reluctant to even consider your ideas. Why should a skeptic spend hours of his time watching videos about something he thinks is ridiculous? If you have a case to make, I expect it can be explained in a short paragraph.

There are such explanations about ships on the horizon online. They take about 2 minutes to read and understand, and another half minute to realize that they are silly.

The videos in this case are important because we a dealing here with visual evidence. The case for the shape of the earth is not philosophy or theology.

I have viewed a number of videos and I hope others will look at what I have seen and then comment on them.

Most of you seem to be afraid to do this, I understand. I thought I would have a good laugh when I started but I was very surprised at what I found.

--Dave

quip

BANNED
Banned
not very flat in my back yard :idunno:

21992413850_b21e44d0a8_o.jpg

Damn...is that your backyard?! :noway:

I'm jealous.

Daniel1769

If the earth is a sphere 25,000 miles in circumference, then it follows that (based on spherical trigonometry) the earth would curve at a rate of 8 inches per mile-squared. Let's just go measure it.

chair

The videos in this case are important because we a dealing here with visual evidence. The case for the shape of the earth is not philosophy or theology.

I have viewed a number of videos and I hope others will look at what I have seen and then comment on them.

Most of you seem to be afraid to do this, I understand. I thought I would have a good laugh when I started but I was very surprised at what I found.

--Dave

Clearly this is a question of basic physics. And if you need a graphic- a photo or link to photo will do.

But let me put it this way: If someone on the internet told you that "Islam is the only true religion, or that the Mormons/Catholics/Jews/Hindis have it right...but I can't explain to you, you really have to watch this hour long video and then you'll see..." - would you bother with the video?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've seen the curvature with my own eyes and my time is too valuable to watch those vids.

The videos "flat earth" and "moon landing" are important because some people are telling us a lie and they are faking the video images we see daily. The flat earth people are faking videos or NASA is faking videos and pics. To ignore the videos is to dismiss the evidence from one side or the other.

For those of you who can't put a little time into seeing some of these videos are not doing so because you are afraid, and any other reason is a lie.

Seeing is believing on this subject.

"Literally" the Biblical cosmology is a flat earth.

--Dave

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Here is a short list of observable proofs for a flat earth:

1. There is no visible curvature.

2. All bodies of water are absolutely level.

3. All aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.

--Dave

Dave is proof that ignorance does exist as well as the need for attention.

But hey, there are people here who are normal and intelligent in every way, that Believe Noah's ark is a true story. I see them like they see Dave. And to the higher intelligences of the universe, they see me as I see flood believers, as they see Dave.

86:6.5 "Each passing generation smiles at the foolish superstitions of its ancestors while it goes on entertaining those fallacies of thought and worship which will give cause for further smiling on the part of enlightened posterity." UB 1955

chair

For those of you who can't put a little time into seeing some of these videos are not doing so because you are afraid, and any other reason is a lie.

It's not "a little time", and it is not a lie. I explained earlier why I won't spend the time on this- but you ignored that. Give us a reason to watch these- besides your own say-so.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This thread is a cool example of Poe's Law! I love it!

There are many evidences that the earth is in fact round - spherical in fact.

On a flat Earth, the constellations seen from North America would be the same ones seen from South America. They are not the same. Therefore the Earth is not flat.
A more specific version of the same argument is that the so-called "North Star" wouldn't be the "North Star" is would be the "Center Star" and there would be no such thing as the south celestial pole. Polaris and Sigma Octantis (the closest naked-eye star to the south celestial pole) are not the same thing.
Also, the Moon is not visible from the whole Earth at once and the tides that the Moon and Sun create happen in the predictable way they do because the Earth is round and not flat.
There are, in fact, dozens, perhaps hundreds of astronomical observations of a similar nature that could only occur if the Earth were spherical.

The Sun, Mercury, Venus, our Moon, Mars, several asteroids, Jupiter, Jupiter's Moons, Saturn, Saturn's Moons, Uranus, Uranus' Moons, Neptune, Neptune's Moon, Several "Centaurs" (Minor planets) including Pluto and it's moon ARE ALL SPHERES!!!! But the Earth is flat? Give me a break!

The shadows cast by sticks or buildings or flag poles or whatever are different for different latitudes. Given the distance of the Sun, this would not be so on a flat Earth. And if you wanted to say that the Sun was close enough to the Earth that objects closer to the edge of the flat Earth cast longer shadows, then it still doesn't work because the shadows that are actually cast bare no resemblence whatsoever to such a scenerio. The shadows cast on the Earth are precisely what they should be if the Earth was a sphere. In fact, this shadow discrepancy was how the circumferance of the Earth was first calculated and with surprising accuracy given the technology at the time the measurement was performed.

As has already been pointed out in this thread, you can see further from a higher perspective. This would not occur on a flat Earth. No telescope, no matter how powerful, can see past the horizon but the horizon gets measurably further away with an increase in altitude. And guess what, the measurements of this effects are perfectly consistent with a spherical Earth! Imagine that!
Similarly, the existence of time zones is proof that the Earth cannot be flat.

Air planes fly in the wrong direction if the Earth is flat and every airline company in the world is intentionally wasting millions of dollars a year in fuel costs, doing there part, I suppose, in the conspiracy to convince the hoy-poloy that the Earth is round. A flight from Los Angeles to London, for example, doesn't fly in a direction that would make any sense whatsoever if the Earth were flat. (See picture below.) They do, however, fly in what are called orthodromic courses. An orthodrome is the shortest distance between two point ON A SPHERE!

View attachment 25074

And one of my very favorite arguments has to do with the center of gravity of the Earth. If the earth were flat, the closer you got to the edge of the Earth, the further away and the further behind you the center of gravity would get. It would feel like you were loosing weight and like the incline of the Earth was getting steaper and steaper the closer you got to the edge. If the Earth were flat, it would feel like we lived on the inside of a bowl and things would appear to fall sideways to a greater and greater degree as you got further from the center of the Earth. The fact the things not only fall straight down in both England and in Australia but that they do so at exactly the same rate and that a 16 pound bowling ball weighs 16 lbs in both places are all consistent with a shperical Earth and not a flat Earth.

Now if you're a flat Earther then you've got answers to all this and to whatever else anyone might bring up. Here's a great video that discusses what's really happening with this whole debate and with this specific thread....

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Greg Jennings

The videos "flat earth" and "moon landing" are important because some people are telling us a lie and they are faking the video images we see daily. The flat earth people are faking videos or NASA is faking videos and pics. To ignore the videos is to dismiss the evidence from one side or the other.

Seeing is believing on this subject.

"Literally" the Biblical cosmology is a flat earth.

--Dave

That's all good. But the math involved in flight plans adjusts for curvature of the Earth.....and is obviously right or else airliner Jets would ALWAYS be early

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My favorite flat earther rebuttal to the center of gravity problem is their contention that the earth (and the sun and the moon and the whole rest of the solar system, etc) is simply accelerating at 1g in a direction perfectly perpendicular to the surface of the flat Earth.

The problem (well, one of dozens of problems) with such an idea is that it would only take the flat Earth 353.7 days to reach the speed of light at such a rate of acceleration.

Those pesky laws of physics just keep getting in the way. Eventually, you've gotta just give up on finding new rescue devices and accept the verdict of the overwhelming evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.