ARCHIVE: Is it ever OK for a Christian to hate someone?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TobiasKage said:
I'm sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure any muslim would wholy disagree with you. They know exactly what their doing and seem to have their affairs in order.
Now I know for sure you must be smoking crack.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
I'm sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure any muslim would wholy disagree with you. They know exactly what their doing and seem to have their affairs in order. I'm not to sure if you grasp exactly what they believe, and to be quite frank neither do I, my understanding of it is limited, as is yours. They do believe that their god is the living word too, you dont have a tradmark on the word god, you know that right?
Sure they would, just like any blind person leading or being led into a ditch thinks they're going the right way, until they wake up the next day covered in mud trying to find a way out. I grasp exactly what they believe, and it is a false god. They can call their invented god The Lord if they want to, but it doesn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. They're worshipping a false god, who has no son. They believe Jesus to be a lesser prophet, and Mohammed to be The Prophet.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
Just think, if Mohammed had married better, we wouldn't have any Muslims. His wife convinced him that what he thought were demons speaking to him were actually angels, and he got the Koran from those demons.

Okay, if you were to look at half of the stories of insperation in the bible from a modern perspective, you would think these guys were tripping on acid. I mean, Revelation, come on, half the stuff in there sounds like a bad trip. The fact of the mater is, non of us were there, so we dont know for sure, all we have to go on is history influenced through the times that they lived in.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
TobiasKage said:
The fact that they start reading the Koran from the age of three and spend their formidable years reading every word of it over and over till they have it memorized. Hundreds, thousands of children from all over the muslim world, reading and memorizing the Koran every day, thats been going on for the past 1200 years. They have a pretty tough infastructure.
I'd say they would know it pretty well then. That seems like a pretty religious thing to do, but I don't think it's a bad thing. It'd be nice to have more scripture memorized. Again, it seems Muslims take their religion more seriously than most others.

Aimiel

If, indeed, their god, Allah, existed, and they followed His Word, then they might (if they were religious enough) have their affairs in order. Since he doesn't exist, and Jesus' Father, The Lord Almighty, does, and He said that faith in Him will save us and give us eternal life, they've missed the boat. They call Jesus a liar, because Jesus said that He is The Son of God. They say that their god has no son. Someone is lying. I don't think that liars have any place in Heaven. All liars shall have their place in hell.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
Sure they would, just like any blind person leading or being led into a ditch thinks they're going the right way, until they wake up the next day covered in mud trying to find a way out. I grasp exactly what they believe, and it is a false god. They can call their invented god The Lord if they want to, but it doesn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. They're worshipping a false god, who has no son. They believe Jesus to be a lesser prophet, and Mohammed to be The Prophet.

Thats exactly what they would say to you. To you their god is false, to them your god is false, and I think your both wrong. All I want you to grasp is the fact that they think the same thing about you. They just seem slightly more devoted in, how to say it, making the world muslim.

Johnny

Me: "How many sinners did Jesus hate to drive them towards Himself?"

Knight's response....drum roll please

Knight said:
Matthew 10:34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 “For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 “and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’
Pathetic. First, that's not Jesus hating. Second, that's not even us hating (cue Knight bringing up "unless you hate your..."). Third, worst response ever. Fourth, it's obvious that you only answer parts of posts you have a prepackaged response for.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
I'd say they would know it pretty well then. That seems like a pretty religious thing to do, but I don't think it's a bad thing. It'd be nice to have more scripture memorized. Again, it seems Muslims take their religion more seriously than most others.

Finaly, some one who sees the point I'm trying to make.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
Okay, if you were to look at half of the stories of insperation in the bible from a modern perspective, you would think these guys were tripping on acid. I mean, Revelation, come on, half the stuff in there sounds like a bad trip. The fact of the mater is, non of us were there, so we dont know for sure, all we have to go on is history influenced through the times that they lived in.
It isn't by reading God's Word looking for flaws that you will find The Lord. You have to seek Him with your whole heart to find Him. Looking for flaws, all that you will ever find are flaws. We have something that is better than any eyewitness account, we have The Holy Spirit, Who testifies to us that these things are faithful and true. What you have to go on is only sinking sand. You're trying to take someone's hand out of The Hand of The Almighty, and He doesn't want to let go, and we don't want to let go. How silly is that? :rotfl:

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Johnny said:
Me: "How many sinners did Jesus hate to drive them towards Himself?"

Knight's response....drum roll please

Pathetic. First, that's not Jesus hating. Second, that's not even us hating (cue Knight bringing up "unless you hate your..."). Third, worst response ever. Fourth, it's obvious that you only answer parts of posts you have a prepackaged response for.

That verse is actualy very close to a Gnostic verse, and I paraphrase: "But I have come and thrown a flame on the world and lo I am watching it burn." That was Jesus from one of the Gnostic text. Might have been from the Book of Thomas, not sure.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
Thats exactly what they would say to you.
They do, and quite often. It's like water on a duck's back. It's like trying to put a slave back into chains, after he's been released and told, "The law now says you're free." It's just not going to happen.
TobiasKage said:
To you their god is false, to them your god is false, and I think your both wrong.
What you think doesn't really matter in the face of reality.
TobiasKage said:
All I want you to grasp is the fact that they think the same thing about you.
Big news, eh? :ha:
TobiasKage said:
They just seem slightly more devoted in, how to say it, making the world muslim.
Well, if you'll remember, Catholics once tried to bring the world to their knees with the sword, wearing the cross on their uniforms. Didn't work. The devil, I believe, will bring the Koran to the world, and force it upon everyone on this earth. Those who reject it will be put to death. That's what I believe.

Aimiel

Did you mean to say, "I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?"

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
It isn't by reading God's Word looking for flaws that you will find The Lord. You have to seek Him with your whole heart to find Him. Looking for flaws, all that you will ever find are flaws. We have something that is better than any eyewitness account, we have The Holy Spirit, Who testifies to us that these things are faithful and true. What you have to go on is only sinking sand. You're trying to take someone's hand out of The Hand of The Almighty, and He doesn't want to let go, and we don't want to let go. How silly is that? :rotfl:

I'm not trying to change any ones mind, by all means I am not. I didnt look for the flaws, I stumbled on them. You say I'm working on sinking sand, I'm only going off of history, what can be proven for a fact, I dont like to argue theology, well, I do, but I like to talk about history, what can be proven and seen with my own eyes, what I can touch and verify with my own eyes. I spent my whole life taking peoples word for it, then personaly I found out they were wrong, and now I spend my time looking for tangable proofs. You have faith, the belief in something that cant be seen or isnt there, I have facts.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
They do, and quite often. It's like water on a duck's back. It's like trying to put a slave back into chains, after he's been released and told, "The law now says you're free." It's just not going to happen.What you think doesn't really matter in the face of reality.Big news, eh? :ha:Well, if you'll remember, Catholics once tried to bring the world to their knees with the sword, wearing the cross on their uniforms. Didn't work. The devil, I believe, will bring the Koran to the world, and force it upon everyone on this earth. Those who reject it will be put to death. That's what I believe.

If I'm not mistaken the christians did bring the world to their knees and millions paid the price for it, back then it was just the one church so I referr to them as christians, they did control much of the world, it was because of the muslim invasion into the holy land that broke their hold.

But I really dont see the point in going back and forth with you, your not going to give any ground and for some reason, I'm arguing about something I really dont give two... well lets just say I really dont care.

What was this thread about again?

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
I'm not trying to change any ones mind, by all means I am not. I didnt look for the flaws, I stumbled on them.
As I said, you're stumbling is taking place because you walk in darkness.
TobiasKage said:
You say I'm working on sinking sand, I'm only going off of history, what can be proven for a fact, I dont like to argue theology, well, I do, but I like to talk about history, what can be proven and seen with my own eyes, what I can touch and verify with my own eyes.
Then you'll never learn anything about ancient history, until you take The Bible seriously. It's the only historic record of Eden, and many millenia shortly thereafter. Not one historic fact stated in it has ever been proven to be in error. It is the most accurate hisoric record we have of ancient history.
TobiasKage said:
I spent my whole life taking peoples word for it, then personaly I found out they were wrong, and now I spend my time looking for tangable proofs.
I'm curious where you think Christians are 'wrong.'
TobiasKage said:
You have faith, the belief in something that cant be seen or isnt there, I have facts.
Yes, I do have faith, but not in anything that can't be seen. The Lord is plainly evidnet, denying that takes severe blindness.
TobiasKage said:
If I'm not mistaken the christians did bring the world to their knees and millions paid the price for it, back then it was just the one church so I referr to them as christians, they did control much of the world, it was because of the muslim invasion into the holy land that broke their hold.
That same plan is being re-worked, and the Muslims will follow the false god all the way to hell.
TobiasKage said:
What was this thread about again?
Avatars and how queer Superman looks.

Aimiel

"I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes." -- from the Nag Hammadi?

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
As I said, you're stumbling is taking place because you walk in darkness.Then you'll never learn anything about ancient history, until you take The Bible seriously. It's the only historic record of Eden, and many millenia shortly thereafter. Not one historic fact stated in it has ever been proven to be in error. It is the most accurate hisoric record we have of ancient history.I'm curious where you think Christians are 'wrong.'Yes, I do have faith, but not in anything that can't be seen. The Lord is plainly evidnet, denying that takes severe blindness.That same plan is being re-worked, and the Muslims will follow the false god all the way to hell.Avatars and how queer Superman looks.

Okay lets do this again. You say that the bible is the most accurate record of the ancient world? I dont see how you can say that when the Egyptians dont even have a record of the Jews ever even being in Egypt. There is no Egyptian record of the exodus, nothing, not one mention of the plauges in the Egyptian histroical account, those people wrote down every thing, dont you think they would note if thousands of slaves suddenly got up, took all of their stuff and left the country in ruin? After every first born had died mind you. Not one record from them.

Christian scholars and Jewish scholars have been going over the desert for over 70 years looking for evidence of the exodus, they cant find any, the Jews were suposidly wandering around an area alittle bigger then Texas for 40 years, they would have left something behind, but we find nothing.

There is no out side record of Solomin's existance, a king that had the most wealth, the most influence and the most knowledge and we have nothing to conferm he even existed. He traded with every nation on earth and no one but the bible has a record of him existing. Not the Ethiopians, no one. Dont you think if he was as powerful as the bible said he was there would be a little more to go on?

Come to think of it, there is one refernce to the Isrealites out side of the bible, its from the Asyrians, after the Jews had been released back into Isreal from captivity. But before that, nothing, the world is silent of them. Its been historicly proven that the Philistiens werent even there till after the captivity.

So, how about you go read some real history books, ones that tell a real account of the area and its history.

God_Is_Truth

CRASH said:
See Jude 20 - 23. (NKJV is what I use) There are different ways to reach people for Christ.

Jude
20But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

22And have mercy on some, who are doubting;

23save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

even though it speaks about differences, it doesn't mention at all that we should hate anyone. it says we should hate even the garment which is polluted by the flesh, but it does not say to hate the person. this almost sounds like "hate the sin, not the sinner", doesn't it? hmm.....