ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Hank

Re: wickwoman and firechyld

Re: wickwoman and firechyld

Originally posted by o2bwise
Hi wickwoman,

I am curious why my post did not elicit a response from you.

o2

I know it wasn't addresed to me but although I might not agree with everything you said, I thought it was well thought out, courteous and relevant.

wickwoman

Posting This One Again Firechlyd

Posting This One Again Firechlyd

In response to your offer to give us more evidence of bisexual plants, etc., I posted this reply. You must have missed it before.

Originally posted by wickwoman

Please do. I would love to learn more about it.

Re human beings: I am familiar with studies of children born with the sexual organs of one sex on the outside and the organs of the other on the inside. I believe the term is intersexed. Do you know about this also?

wickwoman

Originally posted by Sozo

And there you have it... more proof that the psychological profession is the perpetrator of anti-Christ rhetoric, whose primary purpose is to brainwash the weak-minded, and keep us looking to ourselves for truth.

Aha! A conspiracy theorist in our midst. That's what I love about TOL, you never know what kind of person you'll run into. Being an Aquarian, I enjoy meeting all kinds of "interesting" people.

Sozo

Originally posted by wickwoman

Aha! A conspiracy theorist in our midst. That's what I love about TOL, you never know what kind of person you'll run into. Being an Aquarian, I enjoy meeting all kinds of "interesting" people.

Idiot! It has nothing to do with "conspiracies". It has to do with a underlying philosophical foundations.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Because she is gay?

Re: Re: Re: Because she is gay?

Originally posted by Hank

I find it hard to believe someone with such a beautiful avatar can be so cold-hearted towards a group of people. Were you abused as a child? Were your parents not affectionate towards you? Do you have homosexual thoughts and feel you must yell louder than anyone to make sure no one has any inkling of those thoughts?

I’m not trying to be sarcastic Poly, I’m just immensely curious as to what makes you have so much hatred.
Why would I have to have had some terrible childhood experience in order to hate evil the way my God commands of me? Homosexuals sicken me as God expects that they should. If a homosexual truely repents and turns to God then you'll find nobody on this Earth that would be rejoicing more than me as has been the case.

Hank

Re: Re: Re: Re: Because she is gay?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Because she is gay?

Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

Why would I have to have had some terrible childhood experience in order to hate evil the way my God commands of me? Homosexuals sicken me as God expects that they should. If a homosexual truely repents and turns to God then you'll find nobody on this Earth that would be rejoicing more than me as has been the case.

I didn’t say you had a terrible childhood experience, I was asking if that was the reason. Usually someone who has so much hate towards others has had some bad experiences. If you say it’s just because you think God told you to then so be it. I’m sorry you have that opinion of God.

Eireann

And there you have it... :nono: more proof that the psychological profession is the perpetrator of anti-Christ rhetoric, whose primary purpose is to brainwash the weak-minded, and keep us looking to ourselves for truth.
How do you get a conspiracy out of comparison and contrast between animal behavior and human behavior? Do you not believe that humans are part of the animal kingdom? Do you not believe that we can get insight into human behavior by observing our close cousins in nature?

Sozo

Originally posted by Eireann

How do you get a conspiracy out of comparison and contrast between animal behavior and human behavior? Do you not believe that humans are part of the animal kingdom? Do you not believe that we can get insight into human behavior by observing our close cousins in nature?

What?

Are you reading my last 3 posts? Why would you ask this?

Eireann

What?

Are you reading my last 3 posts? Why would you ask this?
It was your next to last post. Your last post -- "Idiot! It has nothing to do with "conspiracies". It has to do with a underlying philosophical foundations." -- had to do with Wickwoman's accusation of conspiracies based on the post I quoted.

But as to why I asked this, why do you think the psychology profession is perpetrating anti-Christ rhetoric because they observe animals that exhibit similar behavior to humans in order to gain insight into how and why humans behave, especially infants? Why is that anti-Christian? Where in the Bible does it say to not observe animals to learn from them?

Sozo

Originally posted by Eireann

It was your next to last post. Your last post -- "Idiot! It has nothing to do with "conspiracies". It has to do with a underlying philosophical foundations." -- had to do with Wickwoman's accusation of conspiracies based on the post I quoted.

But as to why I asked this, why do you think the psychology profession is perpetrating anti-Christ rhetoric because they observe animals that exhibit similar behavior to humans in order to gain insight into how and why humans behave, especially infants? Why is that anti-Christian? Where in the Bible does it say to not observe animals to learn from them?

We are not animals. God is not an animal. Man is created in the image of God, not monkeys.

I hope you had a chance to read the post that showed I have changed my view regarding the "natural" condition of homosexuals.

Hank

We are not animals. God is not an animal. Man is created in the image of God, not monkeys.

Well that may be true but we look so much like monkeys that sometimes conservative Christian scientist have trouble determining whether a fossil is human or ape. LOL

You throw around the word idiot a lot but I’m beginning to wonder if you realize we are in the 21st century and discovered that humans are animals a long time ago. We have superior reasoning skills (well some do) and many believe that we have a spirit that is in the image of God but physically we are animals. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

Eireann

We are animals. We are arguably the highest form of animal, but we are still animals (as opposed to plants or minerals, or spirits if you consider that a viable "kingdom"). We share all the common characteristics and requirements for animalhood. Naturally, like all animals, we do possess some of the traits of the other groups, especially mineral, but we are animals first and foremost. Ultimately, the mineral kingdom is the predominate kingdom, as both animals and plants are built of mineral substances.

God is neither an animal nor a human. We presume that God is a spirit. When the Bible said that we are made in the image of God, it wasn't referring to a physical or biological image. The image of God does not remove us from being animals. We are part of the animal kingdom. There are only three -- animal, plant, and mineral. If you're not one, you're one of the other (or a combination thereof, as algae seem to be). And last time I checked, we're not minerals or plants. We're animals.

I hope you had a chance to read the post that showed I have changed my view regarding the "natural" condition of homosexuals.
Yes, I did. I'm glad you understood my viewpoint, and you are right that its being "natural" does not necessarily make a statement about the rightness or wrongness of the act, nor was I trying to make any such statement. I don't hold strongly one way or the other about homosexuality. I think homosexual men are great ... it means less competition for those of us who aren't! :p

Sozo

Well that may be true but we look so much like monkeys that sometimes conservative Christian scientist have trouble determining whether a fossil is human or ape. LOL

You throw around the word idiot a lot but I’m beginning to wonder if you realize we are in the 21st century and discovered that humans are animals a long time ago. We have superior reasoning skills (well some do) and many believe that we have a spirit that is in the image of God but physically we are animals. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

It's hard to use the word idiot with you, becuase it is slightly above your intellectual level to understand what the word means.

Sozo

You guys are completely seduced by science fiction. We are not animals. Classifications are devised by man to do away with God's sufficiency. It is quite laughable that man actually thinks that he can replace God, through redefining His creation.

Hank

It's hard to use the word idiot with you, becuase it is slightly above your intellectual level to understand what the word means.

Coming from an intellectual giant like yourself that really hurt. LOL

Sozo

Coming from an intellectual giant like yourself that really hurt. LOL

As most pseudo intellectuals mistakenly believe, intelligence and knowledge are not the same.

You may have a great deal of knowledge, but so what :rolleyes: , anybody can read books. You have already proven yourself to be void of intelligence.

Eireann

You guys are completely seduced by science fiction. We are not animals. Classifications are devised by man to do away with God's sufficiency. It is quite laughable that man actually thinks that he can replace God, through redefining His creation.
Well, the notion that man is an animal far predates the earliest science fiction.

Why don't you explain just why we aren't animals? Even if we're made in the image of God, how does that make us not animals? Also, don't forget to address the fact that we possess all the biophysical characteristics of animals.

The "image of God," whatever that ultimately means, may well serve to separate us from the other animal species, in the sense that it advances us to a higher form, but it does not remove us from being what we are -- animals. Do we not bleed? Do we not require ingested nourishment to survive, food and water? Do we not reproduce and propogate our species? Do we not possess a cellular structure like all other animals, consisting of a nucleus, protoplasm and a cell membrane?

And why do you believe that taxonomy and classification is an attempt to replace God, especially considering that many in the science fields believe in God? And again, where does the Bible say we are not animals?

Why are you so insulted that people consider humans to be animals? If anything, I would say it is the rest of the animals who should feel insulted. It isn't them that made a real mess of this home planet of ours. It's us, God's ultimate creation, that is the true embarassment to creation.

Hank

As most pseudo intellectuals mistakenly believe, intelligence and knowledge are not the same.

You may have a great deal of knowledge, but so what :rolleyes: , anybody can read books. You have already proven yourself to be void of intelligence.

Ooh......pseudo intellectual. Now you are intimidating me with those big words. Yesterday I didn’t even know what one was and today I is one. LOL

My wife agreed with you. You are a real hoot and a lot of fun Sozo. At first I didn’t but now I’m beginning to like you because you make both of us laugh.

Flipper

Hank, Eireann and Wickwoman:

You have to learn that a towering intellectual giant like sozo has entirely dispensed with the need to provide any kind of evidence for his sweeping assertions because he's so clever. For if he speaks it then lo! It is so!

By throwing around terms like "idiot" and "pseudo-intellectual" he effortlessly establishes his dominance in the intellectual hierarchy. Sozo's world view doesn't need evidence. It just is. He's kind of a solipsist that way.