and we should take care of them by a good multivitamin

and not eating PORK, Lobster, Clams , Catfish etc. which cause

sickness in the body. Too many people eat food which God did

not intend for them to eat. God cares for us and wants us to be

healthy . That is why God gave those food restrictions

to the Israelites.
    GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

Comment

I'd say that might be a common conclusion, but God did not create these rules in a vacuum. We should understand the details of the restrictions and act accordingly.
      Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA

Our Loving God gave us Responsibility for our bodies

and we should take care of them by a good multivitamin

and not eating PORK, Lobster, Clams , Catfish etc. which cause

sickness in the body. Too many people eat food which God did

not intend for them to eat. God cares for us and wants us to be

healthy . That is why God gave those food restrictions

to the Israelites.
        God called ALL meat pure in NT. If you say that eating pork causes sicness, but eating cow does not, then at first you should compare those 2 groups (pork-eaters and cow-eaters) and look who is less sick. I dont think that Adventists are less sick that other Christians. What helps them to live healthier life is that they use to be more focused on healthy eating (eat more vegetables, drink more water, etc) than other Christians IMO.

Comment

theo,

Originally posted by theo_victis

sometimes God actually gives people evil spirits.... look at saul in 1 samuel... i believe it is in chapter 18. God gives saul an evil spirit.
          theo, hello again!

Let's think about this.

Did God "give" King Saul an evil spirit, as scripture says? Or did God simply remove his protective hand from Saul, allowing the devil to do what he does best?

Sometimes faith means NOT believing scripture. The exact wording of scripture is not divinely inspired. Prophets receive divine inspiration, not in words, but in images, and impressions made on their minds (non-visual). Then they put into words those things they see. And their words depend to a big extent on their education and experience.

So, how do you KNOW whether you can trust the words contained in scripture? Well, one way is this: ask yourself, how well do you know God? If you love and completely trust God, and have faith that only good comes from God, as witnessed in the life of Jesus, who did no "evil," and who came here to "show us the Father," --then to hear that God sent Saul an "evil spirit" should make you doubt scripture.

Question: Does this idea that God did "evil" stand up against the vast store of information contained in the Bible? Does it make sense, in light of the fact that Jesus did no evil on earth, and that He came here to show us our Father in heaven?

A WORD ABOUT PROPHETS

If prophets received words from God, then all the Bible would sound the same. It would all be written in one voice. But it isn't! Clearly, those things Moses wrote are vastly different than Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel. Not to mention Paul and James in the NT.

I don't believe God is capable of doing evil. Whatever small amount of scripture we dredge up that suggests this is probably do more to unfortunate translations of the original text. Either way, however, I believe in my heart that I "know" God. Therefore, I love and trust Him above all else--even scripture, when it doesn't jive with who I believe God is.

May God Bless!

--Ya'nar :Princess:
          Last edited by Ya'nar#1; May 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM.
          "To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." --Isaiah 8:20

Your Friend in Christ,

--Ya'nar
          "Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Jesus Christ"

Comment

Sometimes faith means NOT believing scripture. The exact wording of scripture is not divinely inspired.
            I'm sorry but this is about the dumbest statement I have seen posted outside of Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Miller

Tatie,

Its not one or the other, physical or emotional or Spiritual. There
              are multiple dimensions to sin and sickness.

The best approach to healing is to approach the whole problem
              wholistically, with physicians, with prayer, with positive
              attitude.

I highly highly recommend a book called "Healing and the Mind"
              compiled / edited by Bill Moyers.

Dave
              Thank you, I will look at it. I read a lot about body-mind connection and none of them mentioned spirit. I don't want the mind to heal me, I want God to heal me. Am I wrong?
              Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
              Jer 32:27

Comment

Originally posted by smaller

I'm sorry but this is about the dumbest statement I have seen posted outside of Leo.
                Are you into verbal inspiration thingie?

Comment

If I did not think that God Himself spoke directly THROUGH the writers who SAY "thus saith The Lord" I would not be interested in it's presentations.

...and yes it is ignorant to adhere to the text and then say NOT TO FOLLOW IT by "faith."

Comment

If I did not think that God Himself spoke directly THROUGH the writers who SAY "thus saith The Lord" I would not be interested in it's presentations.

...and yes it is ignorant to adhere to the text and then say NOT TO FOLLOW IT by "faith."
                    Not all the Bible writers are writing in style "thus saith The Lord". What about them?

How do you explain that there are different ancient manuscripts where in one some words are changed, or missing compared to other?

Comment

Originally posted by Tatie

Thank you, I will look at it. I read a lot about body-mind connection and none of them mentioned spirit. I don't want the mind to heal me, I want God to heal me. Am I wrong?
                      No, you're not wrong. Again there's a duality to everything.
                      Secularists will read it and say that the mind has the ability
                      to convince itself to heal. Spiritual people read it and say
                      "yeah, well duh, its the Holy Spirit." Either way the book
                      is about prayer and meditation and the connections with
                      healing...

Dave
                      1 John 4:7-8 "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Comment

The Spirit is not the mind. It controls the mind. So why not deal with the Spirit and it would take care of the mind and body? But if you say it's about prayer, I will read it.
                        Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
                        Jer 32:27

Comment

Peace CoP

Not all the Bible writers are writing in style "thus saith The Lord". What about them?
                          Not meaning to sidetrack the thread, but other writers words take their place on the scale by being LESS THAN God or Christ's direct Words. Paul never made any THUS SAYS THE LORD quotes. He did recount how the Lord spoke to him and directed him and taught him. He bore the "signs" of an Apostle which means he spoke with confirmed authority, but Paul himself admittedly spoke in part and from darkness. God's direct Words bear no PART or DARKNESS positions.
                          How do you explain that there are different ancient manuscripts where in one some words are changed, or missing compared to other?
                          You can travel to Israel today and SEE the actual handwriting of ISAIAH. I do not see the "accepted text" as much "variable" except in recent re-writes where there is obvious corruption and slanting.

I also accept other texts such as some psuedopigrapha as containing some God's Direct quotes but because of various factors they are counted out. Using the Priority System keeps one on track...God and Christ's Word's above ALL ELSE, then every other man's words including yours and mine in their proper place.

enjoy!

smaller

Comment

Obviously you didn't bother to read what I meant by this. It is unfortunate that you always seem to be looking for something to criticise, without being willing to FIRST read my explanation.
                            "To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." --Isaiah 8:20

Your Friend in Christ,

--Ya'nar
                            "Heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Jesus Christ"

Comment

Yanar,

That is Smaller's Mission in Life not to understand your posts.

Is it any wonder that in trying to Represent God's Word,

Smaller fails to follow Paul's Adomonition in how to Relate

to others

ICor 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
                              20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
                              21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,)that I might gain them that are without law.
                              22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
                              23 And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
                              Last edited by OMEGA; May 1st, 2004, 10:08 PM.
                              GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

Comment

let's see...yanar says

"Do not believe The Word by faith????"

hmmmm????

Nope, it's still a stupid remark. I don't care how much word you throw at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X