Knight's father: RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight's father: RIP

Just got a call from Bob Enyart. He informed me he just finished giving a eulogy for Knight's father. He was 81 years old. He was a Korean war veteran and former race car driver. So, appropriately, Bob's eulogy centered around 2nd Timothy 4:7: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

God bless you Knight. You are in our prayers.
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

Sad news, Jefferson. I never met Knight's father but I always liked him when Knight commented that his dad still wanted to go fight "commie bastards" a few years ago. I'll keep Knight and his family in prayer.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your father, Knight. May he rest in peace.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Knight. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Sorry to hear of Knight's loss of his father. Prayers of comfort to Knight and his entire family. Romans 8:18 KJV
          2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

My sympathies on the loss of your beloved father. May the peace of Christ be with you and all his family and friends.
            "Lord, take from me everything that hinders me from going to You. give me all that will lead me to You. Take me from myself and give me to Yourself."

St Nicholas Flue

Comment

Praying for your family.
              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Knight, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

You have my condolances, Knight.

Blessings,

1PM
                  Got Eternal Life?

Comment

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 4:14

Until you see him again, I pray you have comfort in knowing that.
                    "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

"For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and in the last day I shall rise out of the earth. [26] And I shall be clothed again with my skin, and in my flesh I will see my God. [27] Whom I myself shall see, and my eyes shall behold, and not another: this my hope is laid up in my bosom" (Job 19:25-27).

Eye Has Not Seen

Comment

This is so sad.
                        My condolences on your loss.
                        Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Comment

For the family of John Guttormson

In Loving Memory
                          of

John Guttormson
                          July 24th, 2011

I have fought the good fight, finished the race, kept the faith.

Now...John’s journey is “Over”
                          Gratefully...John’s toiling has “Ended”
                          Joyfully...John is “Finally Home”

Jesus said...I am the resurrection and the life.
                          He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
                          John 11:25

~:~

In the glow of early morning,
                          In the solemn hush of night;
                          Oft methinks I hear His footsteps,
                          Stealing down the path of time;
                          Long I’ve waited, blest Redeemer,
                          For that upward call of Thine.

~:~

“Thou hast formed us for Thyself,
                          and our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee.”
                          ~ St. Augustine ~

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints.
                          Psalm 116:15

Life

Life is but a stopping place,
                          A pause in what's to be,
                          A resting place along the road,
                          to sweet eternity.

We all have different journeys,
                          Different paths along the way,
                          We all were meant to learn some things,
                          but never meant to stay…
                          Our destination is a place,
                          Far greater than we know.

For some the journey's quicker,
                          For some the journey's slow.
                          And when the journey finally ends,
                          We'll claim a great reward,
                          And find an everlasting peace,
                          Together with the Lord.
                          sigpic

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
                          .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
                          Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
                            Just got a call from Bob Enyart. He informed me he just finished giving a eulogy for Knight's father. He was 81 years old. He was a Korean war veteran and former race car driver. So, appropriately, Bob's eulogy centered around 2nd Timothy 4:7: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

God bless you Knight. You are in our prayers.
                            My condolences Knight on the loss of your father. Blessings to you and your family, pat

Comment

He must have been a good man, because he raised a very good son.
                              I am sure he was proud of you.

May the God of all comfort, comfort you. and all who knew and loved your father.

"Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy that has been prepared for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X