• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condolences. RIP.

Comment

. . . sorry to hear K . . .

. . . . . .
      "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

Comment

My condolences, Knight.
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
        You're too literal to get it.
        The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

LORD bless and comfort you and your family, Knight.
          Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
          Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

God grant you peace in this time of pain and loss.
            Where is the evidence for a global flood?
            E≈mc2
            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
            -Bob B.

Comment

Sorry to have heard the news. May God grant you peace Knight.
              Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

Comment

My sympathies to you and your family, Knight.
                God bless you.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                They already know monsters exist.
                We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Knight, may God comfort your heart and the rest of the Family !
                  "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                  preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                  called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                  a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

God's peace to you and your family, Knight.
                    "Haven't seen the back of us yet..."

Comment

My condolences Knight.

Comment

My prayers and condolences for you and your family, Knight.
                        This message is hidden because ...

Comment

I'm sorry, Knight. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

Comment

Thanks for all the prayers everyone. And special thanks goes out to Poly and NarrowWay for their love, help, and compassion, over the past week.

It's been a very hard week. Me and my dad were best friends. I still cannot believe he isn't there to visit. It seemed as if I was visiting him all the time towards the end there but now it seems like I didn't visit him near enough. I really loved holding his hand and talking.

My kids were extremely close to him and that makes this week especially heart wrenching.

My dad was a super interesting guy who lived a very full life so in the passing days I might share some things about him with all of you if you don't mind. For instance... he served a full stint on the front line in Korea at the height of the war, and then opted to serve another shift on the front line so that he could come home sooner and be with family, that takes courage to be certain. When he came home to the states he took up auto racing for several years. He was an extremely talented artist and eventually wound up at Martin Marietta and drew the very first concept drawings of the space shuttle, several lunar landers, Saturn rockets, and dozens of other strange ideas that NASA was dreaming up at the time.

But most of all he was a great husband to my mom, a great father to us kids, and the best grandpa you could every imagine.

He lived most of his life as an agnostic, yet about 15 years ago had a change of heart. He kept the attached note in his wallet. It's a bit tough to read but this note means more to me than just about anything on this planet.

I love you dad!
                            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

My condolences, Knight, in your loss, but my praises for the comfort your father left you in this note.

Nang
                              "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
                              Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
                              Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                                My dad was a super interesting guy who lived a very full life so in the passing days I might share some things about him with all of you if you don't mind.
                                Please do. Thank you for sharing his note. What a precious reminder of your father's devotion to God and his desire to be the best man he could be through faith.
                                "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X