ARCHIVE: Is this really demonic doctrine or what...

Freak

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
Well, well, well, Freak denies that the Angel of the Lord was Christ. I will remember that next time he is defending the Trinity. Are you aware that John the Baptist is also called an "angelos" - angel?

Well Freak, how consistent are you going to be?? Is believing that the Angel of the Lord was Christ heresy?

What does angel mean to you? An angel is angel.

John the Baptist was not an angel. He was a human.

Jesus never appeared as an angel-for He is the God-man. Fairly simple but rather confusing for you....

D

Dee Dee Warren

Lone ranger? What according to DD? Ha! I would consider you a lone ranger too on preterism.

LOLOLOL... if ignorance is bliss you must be ecstatic!!! Are you aware of how many preterists there are on TOL alone?? Are you aware that preterism was a dominant eschatology prior to the advent of dispensational futurist... shall I embarass you by citing numerous historic commentators that were preterist? You are speaking out of your rear once again.

me again

I like you Jay!

I like you Jay!

Posted by Freak
Angel of the Lord was an angel. Angel means Angel.
That is precisely why I asked you for the name that Jesus had before He was born into a mortal body. :)

I’m still waiting for an answer, but I know it will not be forthcoming, at least not from Jay Bartlett.

I still like you Jay. :):up:
Posted by Dee Dee
Freak, you are speaking out of your rear once again.
I'll get the air freshner. :eek:

Last edited:

Freak

LOLOLOL... if ignorance is bliss you must be ecstatic!!! Are you aware of how many preterists there are on TOL alone?? Are you aware that preterism was a dominant eschatology prior to the advent of dispensational futurist... shall I embarass you by citing numerous historic commentators that were preterist? You are speaking out of your rear once again.

Ha! Here we go again hijacking another thread huh?

Get with your job and that is providing some documentation....

D

Dee Dee Warren

Please answer these two questions Mr. Dodge:

Are you aware that John the Baptist is also called an "angelos" - angel?

Well Freak, how consistent are you going to be?? Is believing that the Angel of the Lord was Christ heresy?

Freak

Re: I like you Jay!

Re: I like you Jay!

Originally posted by me again
That is precisely why I asked you for the name that Jesus had before He was born into a mortal body. :)

I’m still waiting for an answer, but I know it will not be forthcoming, at least not from Jay Bartlett.

I still like you Jay. :):up:

Well, I don't like you! I love you but don't really like you at all!

I gave you an answer, go back and re-read my earlier posts.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Ha! Here we go again hijacking another thread huh?

Another false accusation by Freak. No wonder he has such a problem understanding the 6th commandment... he has yet to master "you shall not bear false witness"

Freak

I also believe that Michael the Archangel was actually the Lord Jesus Christ in his pre-human birth form. He came here with the authority of the Father

That quote from Detective is heresy. That is what we are dealing with on this thread. If you like to create another thread please do so.....

Freak

Another false accusation by Freak. No wonder he has such a problem understanding the 6th commandment... he has yet to master "you shall not bear false witness"

Stop being a witch! It was not a false accusation. Leave me alone. Go see your husband and stop bothering me. You have yet to provide that documentation that you said you would provide, little lady.

me again

You hit the nail on the head

You hit the nail on the head

Posted by Dee Dee Warren
Is believing that the Angel of the Lord was Christ heresy?
Right on!!! :up:

I believe that the Angel of the Lord, who spoke from the burning bush, was none other then Christ Himself!!! :):up:

D

Dee Dee Warren

And Me Again, though we have never agreed on anything else before, you are absolutely right. Freak is reluctant to be consistent and call it heresy because he has just realized the painful corner he has painted himself into and is trying to surgically remove both feet from his mouth. I daresay at least 90% of the Trinitarians here, and Trinitarian commentators believe that the Angel of the Lord was Christ.

That being said, I expressly deny that Michael was Christ, but I do not condemn it as heresy as long as the Trinity is still confessed.

me again

Jay is still winning friends and influencing enemies, eh? :confused:

Look at his deft maneuver to Dee Dee:
Posted by Freak
Stop being a witch! Leave me alone. Go see your husband...
Jay, who set your alarm clock?

D

Dee Dee Warren

Which is it Freak... witch or little lady? Those two ideas seem to be mutually exclusive. Perhaps you will feel better if you start a nasty thread about me. This is sad considering that you and I both agree on the nature of Christ and the Trinity.

Calvinist

I think Freak is the conjourer from Acts who was angry that the Apostle cast a demon out of his "magic show."

Freak

And Me Again, though we have never agreed on anything else before, you are absolutely right. Freak is reluctant to be consistent and call it heresy because he has just realized the painful corner he has painted himself into and is trying to surgically remove both feet from his mouth. I daresay at least 90% of the Trinitarians here, and Trinitarian commentators believe that the Angel of the Lord was Christ.

That being said, I expressly deny that Michael was Christ, but I do not condemn it as heresy as long as the Trinity is still confessed.

More speculation on DD's part!

Back up this claim:

I daresay at least 90% of the Trinitarians here, and Trinitarian commentators believe that the Angel of the Lord was Christ.

Freak

Which is it Freak... witch or little lady? Those two ideas seem to be mutually exclusive. Perhaps you will feel better if you start a nasty thread about me. This is sad considering that you and I both agree on the nature of Christ and the Trinity.

DD, it is true, we both agree 100% on the essential doctrines of the faith.

But what bothers me is your unwillingness to defend the nature of Jesus Christ when confronted with this trash: I also believe that Michael the Archangel was actually the Lord Jesus Christ in his pre-human birth form. He came here with the authority of the Father

Michael was not Jesus Christ in pre-human birth form. This is error. Jesus Christ is the God-man, He is not an angel. Would you agree, Me Again?

D

Dee Dee Warren

Freak

Little lady, I have answered your questions. You just didn't like the answers. I'm still waiting for some documentation, as you promised....

D

Dee Dee Warren

You did not answer the questions. Both questions require either a yes or a no response, not a tap dance. Soo...