Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARCHIVE: Is this really demonic doctrine or what...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freak I have every right to be here as anyone. And I will expect an apology when I provide the documentation. I have to look it up since as I have said this is not a pet issue with me....

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
      Good point Boom... Freak is attacking a teaching that was held by the Reformers and accepted within orthodoxy (they did not believe Christ was ontologically an angelic being, any more than we do when we hold that the Angel of the Lord was Christ - which presumably Freak would have no problem with), while defending people who teach or believe utter blasphemy.
      Earth to DD...Earth to DD....

An angel is an angel not Deity. Words have meaning behind them. Don't use the words if you don't mean them. One canot hold the view that Jesus manifested as a angel and be considered orthodox. THat is utter blasphemy!

Comment

How about the Angel of the Lord? Wasn't that Jesus? That was Jesus manifested as an angel.

Comment

Freak I have every right to be here as anyone. And I will expect an apology when I provide the documentation. I have to look it up since as I have said this is not a pet issue with me....
          I'm still curious why you made the statement knowing full well you did not have any documentation.

Besides, Biblically speaking, the burden of proof lies with you (I could care less what some Reformer believed hundreds of years ago) to prove Biblically that the doctrine Me Again embraces is within the pale of orthodoxy.

Comment

And nice dodge on your defense of heresy Freak. But silly us, we expect you to be consistent. You cannot be a heresy hunter and a heresy defender at the same time.

Comment

How about the Angel of the Lord? Wasn't that Jesus? That was Jesus manifested as an angel.
              Angel of the Lord was an angel.

Angel means Angel.

Comment

I was arguing history with you Freak.. I don't believe it, so it is in that sense that I really don't care. You can be the lone ranger declaring heresy against the testimony of the historic Church, and that is your business, but you are horribly inconsistent.

Comment

How to win friends and influence enemies: A classic statement as only Freak can make:
                  Posted by Freak
                  Dee Dee, I'm curious why you made that statement, knowing full well you have nothing to back it up. If your not interested in this thread then leave. Ok?
                  LOL

Oh brother!!!

Comment

Well, well, well, Freak denies that the Angel of the Lord was Christ. I will remember that next time he is defending the Trinity. Are you aware that John the Baptist is also called an "angelos" - angel?

Well Freak, how consistent are you going to be?? Is believing that the Angel of the Lord was Christ heresy?

Comment

I was arguing history with you Freak.. I don't believe it, so it is in that sense that I really don't care. You can be the lone ranger declaring heresy against the testimony of the historic Church, and that is your business, but you are horribly inconsistent.
                      Lone ranger? What according to DD? Ha! I would consider you a lone ranger too on preterism.

Comment

Well, well, well, Freak denies that the Angel of the Lord was Christ. I will remember that next time he is defending the Trinity. Are you aware that John the Baptist is also called an "angelos" - angel?

Well Freak, how consistent are you going to be?? Is believing that the Angel of the Lord was Christ heresy?
                        What does angel mean to you? An angel is angel.

John the Baptist was not an angel. He was a human.

Jesus never appeared as an angel-for He is the God-man. Fairly simple but rather confusing for you....

Comment

Lone ranger? What according to DD? Ha! I would consider you a lone ranger too on preterism.
                          LOLOLOL... if ignorance is bliss you must be ecstatic!!! Are you aware of how many preterists there are on TOL alone?? Are you aware that preterism was a dominant eschatology prior to the advent of dispensational futurist... shall I embarass you by citing numerous historic commentators that were preterist? You are speaking out of your rear once again.

Comment

I like you Jay!

Posted by Freak
                            Angel of the Lord was an angel. Angel means Angel.
                            That is precisely why I asked you for the name that Jesus had before He was born into a mortal body.

I’m still waiting for an answer, but I know it will not be forthcoming, at least not from Jay Bartlett.

I still like you Jay.
                            Posted by Dee Dee
                            Freak, you are speaking out of your rear once again.
                            I'll get the air freshner.
                            Last edited by me again; December 1st, 2002, 07:10 PM.

Comment

LOLOLOL... if ignorance is bliss you must be ecstatic!!! Are you aware of how many preterists there are on TOL alone?? Are you aware that preterism was a dominant eschatology prior to the advent of dispensational futurist... shall I embarass you by citing numerous historic commentators that were preterist? You are speaking out of your rear once again.
                              Ha! Here we go again hijacking another thread huh?

Get with your job and that is providing some documentation....

Comment

Please answer these two questions Mr. Dodge:

Are you aware that John the Baptist is also called an "angelos" - angel?

Comment

Working...
                                X