ARCHIVE: Christians only PLEASE - abortion

Calvinist

JCAtheist: I know that you are not going to take this well, but I need to point out that you are not a Christian in the sense that DDW meant to address this thread to. I know this because I spent a good deal of time on your website and learned about your beliefs.

I am happy to talk with you about those beliefs on another thread, but I just wanted you to realize that other people are aware of what you already know about yourself, that you are being duplicitous because YOU KNOW that you don't share the beliefs of the rest of the Christians on this thread.

Brother Vinny

Originally posted by JCAtheist
In fact, all those loving people around you at the time, who you obvioulsy needed to berate you, where Christian whimps according to your logic.. they should have just killed you there and then:

Numbers 35:16
And if he smite him with an instrument of iron, so that he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.

Numbers 35:31
Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death.

Love an Peace

JCAtheist

I'd just like to point out that the laws that JCAtheist points out are good laws. Indeed, were these laws in place and swiftly enforced back when Dee Dee was pregnant, she's probably be the mother of two well-adjusted children instead of two corpses.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Thank you Paul. That was a point I made before to Freak. In fact, if[those laws were in effect at the time, I would have thought twice about having premarital relations in the first place. I wish I had. I robbed my husband.

JCAtheist

Re: Not for the weak-kneed or easily offended

Re: Not for the weak-kneed or easily offended

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
Now to respond to some of JCA’s comments:

Actually it is the baby that bears the brunt of the decision made. The decision is not whether or not to have a baby. The decision is whether or not to have a living baby or a dead baby. Since when is the decision to kill one’s child strictly a personal matter?

Since when did it become the business of an unsaved murderess what other people do?
Me -Obviously the murder of a baby is a bad thing.

You - Murdering a baby because of the sin of one or both of his parents is dead wrong. There are people standing in line who would want to adopt such children. So it is better to murder a baby because a family allegedly won’t love it?? What if a family decides it cannot love its one year old… can they now kill him?

I'm sorry God, I didn't realise you wehre there in DeeDee's shoes, however, I am surprised that everything I say would be taken to extremes, but you are God after all, and free to do as you please.

I have no problem saying that murdering babies is wrong for everyone. It amazes me that you do.

That's right, I forgot I had banners in my post telling parents to go ahead and kill their kids.. I didn't realise you where this much of a sorry person.. I guess it just took the right debate/Thread to show your true colors.

This is pretty irrelevant to the issue of whether or not abortion is morally acceptable.

Anything is irrelevent apparently, but your own POV.
Are you claiming that murder is a spiritually moral issue rather than a physical moral issue? You are seriously confusing the issue. Why stop with babies? The issue is a physical behavior that can and must be regulated. The only truly “spiritual” issues that we cannot truly regulate is the internal beliefs of a person. I cannot legislate that someone must believe that murder is wrong, but we can certainly legislate that the act of murder is criminally wrong and punishable.

Bah.. you get worse as the post goes on. There are already LAWS in place from Man to handle the issue.. YOU just don't like them.. maybe you wheren't persecuted enough.. And no, I don't feel the LAW is doing all it should in this instance, and better limits and guidelines ought to be set. But it should be a controlled thing, not an underground occurence.. DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT IN MY EYES?.. NO YOU HATEFUL SPITEFUL PERSON WHO HAS THE AUDACITY TO CALL THEMSELVES A CHRISTIAN WHEN THEY ARE A MURDERER.
Do you have that same attitude toward those who kill adults? Should they not be imprisoned? Should we just let God deal with them? Isn’t the baby our “neighbor” as well who has the same unalienable rights granted by his Creator, the foremost being the right to life?

Sorry Oh great Judge, I forgot that you where commanded by Christ to forget about loving your neighbor if they are a murderer.. hence my change in stance with you, as apparently I have it all wrong.
And the point is?? That we should not care?? That we should not punish crimes?

Yes DeeDee..that's exactly what I said, gee your soo smart.
Do you feel is equally wrong to judge murderers of adults? Does the fact that there is other evil in the world justify the murder of anyone?? For us to NOT JUDGE THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE SUCH DECISIONS is evil. This is said with the caveat that I have already recognized that many women have been deceived. They need to be educated not placated with nonsense. “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil….” Isaiah 5:20
At least get the Verse in context.. I don't remember anyone calling evil good, or good evil.. just more of your philibustering because of your own Guilt. Your interpretation that it is EVIL for us not to judge goes unsupported by Scripture, and goes against the Commandments given by Christ..

But it is understandable you got it wrong, you are a self confessed sinner, a murderer, and seem to want to keep it that way.. you cannot love yourself, and therefore cannot love others.. or rather, you love everyone as you love yourself.. and it shows quite plainly that you don't.. unless you love murderer's..
So we allow the murder of children?? This is sick. I am sorry but there is no other way to say it.

Yes, lets shall we! WHHHEEEEEE! Lets have a child murdering party.. hey you go first DeeDee, you have the experience apparently.

I'm sick of it too.. I'm sick of people filled with guilt for their own sins that they want to beat others over the head with them.. and be totally NON-Christian while doing so.

I don't advocate killing 'children', and no matter what you say or scream about or feel is right, there is nothing in the bible to address this issue, other than that one command Thou Shalt Not Murder..

Matthew 5
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mark 12
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Romans 13
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Sorry.. Just Christ talking for God.. he seems to think you have it wrong somewhere.. and that no matter what, you are to love your neighbor. I don't see room for your condescention.
Then let’s throw out all laws since none of them are one hundred percent effective. The FACT is that this was not a major problem WHATSOEVER during the period of time that abortion was illegal, and that THE VAST MAJORITY OF ILLEGAL abortions were performed by licensed physicians. Let’s drop all homicide laws, people seem to be killing people anyways. And of course, [sarcasm] regulated murder is much more moral than unregulated murder [/sarcasm].

Another DeeDee tirade? Why stop there? The command is Thou Shalt Not Commit Murder.. hmm.. strangely, it doesn't say what.. I do hope yo don't step on an ant, or kill a wasp, over even sit and kill a microbe.. by the logic of extremes, that you appear to be using, that makes you a murderer too.. or is that an okay murder? THAT is okay in your eyes, even though it goes against the actual command? [even better English Sarcasm]MY DeeDee, you have been sooo right! We should put away the bible and listen to you now, forgetting of course that you are a self confessed - and still punishing yourself - murderer... YOU are to be our example! All Hail DeeDee![/even better English Sarcasm]
Red herring, and a stinky one at that. Our love will tell them the truth…. that the murder of children is evil and reprehensible. Only the most evil of cultures tolerates the exploitation and murder of its most helpless members… the very young and the very old….

Of course, people can't make mistakes.. like you did.. everyone now has to be of the new moral standard YOU are tooting because YOU want to punish people. The love and compassion in your heart is just overwhelming.. (oops, forgot the sarcasm brackets)
And the baby is NOT our neighbor somehow?? How is it loving to the baby to allow them to be legally murdered, most oftentimes for CONVENIENCE?

It is not loving, no. I never said it was. Your whole assumption and assertion tat it is that which I am saying, is ludicrous, un-Christian, and uncalled for. I merely pointed out that there are people like YOU in this world, who make bad mistakes in their lives, and although we can make laws of man to punish them, which we have (although not the best), these people will face their ultimate Judgement from God.. taking pleasure in their suffering NOW, by YOU, goes against Gods commandments as given above. No matter WHAT you want to say or think.
Burn the statute books, and pass out copies of “I’m Okay, You’re Okay.”

WHEEEEeee! More DeeDee rhetoric. If you only stopped to think for a minute, you would see that over half your post is just you being rude and sarcastic.. you wheren't asking for opinions on this thread apparently, you just wanted to spout your own rhetoric and opinion of guilt, and shove it down other peoples throats; so it seems.

The fact that your words never went to where I took them does not mean that they don’t logically lead there. You are advocating at worst, suggesting a neutral stance at best, towards the murder of children. I am just wondering why stop at children in the womb. Or is it okay to discriminate on the basis of age and location?

No, my words don't logically lead there, you took them there because of your own issues.

Sorry, about the age and location thing.. I sure do hope our next President is so righteously driven like yourself, that we go around a few other countries killing people who do what you did.. I'm sure that will make you feel a lot better.. an eye for an eye, is that it DeeDee? Maybe you are right, maybe we should just kill women before they even have a chance to get pregnant.. or maybe steralise all men so that this type of sad and sorry mistake, made by people like yourself, doesn't happen again. (damn those sarcasm brackets, forgot them again)

And how many pregnancies do you think really result from such a scenario?? Even abortion providers admit that at least 93% of abortions are done for convenience reasons (and I chose the most liberal number – others say 99%). And are you saying it is then okay to murder such a child because of the sins of his father? Whether or not I could love such a child has nothing to do with the morality of murdering him. There are other options, such as adoption. And funny you seem to be assuming that rape, murdering my friend, and such are wrong. Who are you to judge? Have you ever stood in that rapist’s shoes? Perhaps he just needed more love and not a pile of laws to condemn him… God will deal with him after all.

I have already said that each case would need to be looked at individually to decide if it was a convenience issue, or don't you bother to read properly?

And don't give me this self righteous "who are you to judge" crap.. take that plank out your own eye first.

I mentioned adoption, and even said I was willing to supply places where there is an over abundance of babies up for adoption, who are ending up in childrens homes and being mistreated and abused etc.. I agree with adoption.. your point?
So, you somehow think it is better to allow such a person to become a murderer themselves?? And this is your idea of compassion? Do you know how devastating it is to someone to realize that they murdered their own children?? I do. Do you think YOU have the right to say it is better to have murdered your own child?? And you have a lot of nerve saying that last sentence about me if you have indeed read my opening post here. I am far from sinless…..

You really didn't understand my post, and you really do seem to love going to extremes to make your point. I apologised if my post offended, as that wasn't it's intention. But you are above that apparently, and want to make me out to be some sort of criminal and murderer lover in the sense that there is no punishment.. how sad can you get.
That is irrelevant to this discussion. And aren’t you being so judgmental… you see in order to determine that everyone has made decisions that are not of God requires you to judge such decisions.

More rhetoric. I didn't make a judgment, I just gave you Gods Judgement on what and how you should behave.. as in the verses quoted above. If you feel that you are following those commandments, thats between you and God.. personally, from the way you have addressed me, and the things you seem so happy to hold on to, I don't feel you are.. but I don;t search hearts and minds, God does. You want to take that as a judgement, that's up to you.. you seemed to want a judgement though, you seem to want to be down on yourself, and everyone else..
Irrelevant. Do you think that all people who murder adults do so just because they don’t like the person? And I remind you, I HAVE BEEN IN SIMILAR SHOES. And where in the world are you getting the idea of final judgment?? Nice way to poison the well.

Don't you want to kill these people DeeDee? Isn't that your final goal? After all, what other punishment can there be for such a crinme? Killing is good .. killing other people for killing must be better.. sorry, that's just the logical conclusion to what you are saying.

And 'poison the well'.. my you are a riot.. If there is repentence for such a crime as murder, and you kill the murderer, you take away THEIR chance to repent.. if there is NO repentence for murderers, then how on earth do you get to star in a thread that requires "Christians"?

Nice euphemism. I did not “give up” my children. I murdered them. I am glad that enough Christians loved me enough to tell me the truth, not placate me with feel-good liberalism. I have owned up and confessed my sin, and Christ has redeemed me. Christ will do the same for any other woman who has done the same. But this does not require a watering-down of the heinousness of the act. I believe I have fully repented precisely because I have fully owned up to what I did. I did not experience the true freedom of being released from that bondage until I did. This false compassion is not doing any women any favors, and is actually quite insulting. I deserve to know the truth and have to face up to the truth now…. For there will be no hiding the truth on Judgment Day.

Sorry if you felt I was placating you.. I do hope my last few posts show you that I had no idea you preferred to have all this said. You think there is redemption for your crime, and yet you want to deny others that chance.. you want to say it's okay to hate others who make the same mistake YOU did, but somehow you deserved redemption.. You claim to be redeemed and once again a Christian, but cannot follow Christs commandments.. no one on EARTH had the rtight to redeem you, least of all yourself.. and I didn't realise that judegment day had come.

COunt yourself lucky that there where laws to protect you so that you had the chance to be redeemed.. becasue as I said, according to your own logic, you should have been killed right away, and your chances of realising you had done such a terrible thing would have burned with you in Hell.

Now, with all that said..

In my heart and mind, where Gods commands are written:

Hebrews 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

(The commands I quoted above).. These tell me that your anger and desire for persecution of people because of the guilt of your sin, is NOT righteous. No matter what, you are to TRY and produce the fruits of the spirit..

Galatians 5
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

If you where indeed redeemed in Christ, you would at least attempt to produce those fruits.. your post to me is not one of those. Do you beleive that you now cannot sin?

I am sorry that you want to harbor such feelings for any person, such depth of apparent hatred.. you might want to call it passionate, what you are saying and doing, but I don't 'feel' that from you.. to much anger. And yes, THAT is MY opinon.

I stand by my first post.. the people who commit abortion are committing sin. We can make laws to prevent such things, which we have, and they will not make every judgement right. Each case needs to be decided individually, and those that are for convenience reasons, and other such inane reasons, should not be allowed to happen. Neither should they after a certain timeframe, unless the mother is in lifes jeopardy (which apparently becomes a dliemma for your logic.. do we KILL the mother to save the unborn child? Or allow the mother to decide?)

I'm also sorry that it had to go this far, I will certainly not hold back on the 'feel God.. er good liberalism' with you anymore.. oh wait, I might have to, seeing as Love is supposed to feel good, and that is what Christ wants me to do.

I sincerely hope you don't mind if I continue to love you and feel that you have redeeming qualities.. and I certainly hope you don't mind me saying that I'm happy that you weren't killed becasue of your mindless sin, and that you had a chance that your children never had (not that they needed it), to be redeemed.

I also hope you don't take offense to the fact that although I obviously abhor the crime of murder, I will do my best to live as Christ commanded me, and will pray and try and comfort those lost souls that will make such terrible mistakes, and hope that they too will be given the chance to come to God.

I apologise if this post upsets you, but you seemed to want a 'gut' and 'carnal' response..

I too am a sinner, not perfect, trying my best to do what is right in the eyes of our Lord.. I can only pray that Christ forgives both of us.

In Love and Peace

JCAtheist

Last edited:

JCAtheist

Originally posted by Paul DeYonghe

I'd just like to point out that the laws that JCAtheist points out are good laws. Indeed, were these laws in place and swiftly enforced back when Dee Dee was pregnant, she's probably be the mother of two well-adjusted children instead of two corpses.

Or killed before she had a chance to repent.

Hindsight is 20/20.. no one can say she wouldn't have done what she did, even with the laws.

The Death penalty has never been a good deterent.. just look around the world, and statistics in this country.. barely makes one whit of difference.

JCAtheist

Last edited:
D

Dee Dee Warren

Apparently you are always that incoherent. A simple yes would have done, but your demonstration of that fact was amusing.

Brother Vinny

There is, of course, that possibility. In a just system, she would be given a day or so to get her spiritual house in order, during which time she would be presented the gospel. Such swift application of the death penalty would bring urgency to the choice of where one would spend eternity.

The Death penalty has never been a good deterent.. just look around the world, and statistics in this country.. barely makes one whit of difference.

Yes, let's look at Singapore, where the death penalty is swiftly implemented. Singapore has about the size and population of Los Angeles. Singapore has around 50 murders committed annually; L.A. has over 1,000.

And, as I like to look at it, the swift administration of the death penalty upon a murderer at least deters one murderer from murdering again.

Calvinist

Hindsight is 20/20.. no one can say she wouldn't have done what she did, even with the laws.

JCAtheist

It doesn't matter if it is a "good deterent" or not JCAtheist. It is "good" because it is God's Law.

And again, since you ignored me, Why are you on this thread? You know you are not a Christian.

Brother Vinny

Originally posted by Calvinist

Before these statistics or the idea of "deterents to crime" IAM said, "the murderer shall be put to death."

Amen!

But since arguments from Scripture hold no water with JCAtheist, we have to use the only authority he recognizes: raw data.

This naturally means that JCA's epistemology is going to be weak. As an ex-girlfriend wisely pointed out to me, "Statistics never lie, but statisticians often do." In other words, data can often be manipulated to support whatever worldview one holds to.

JCAtheist

Calvinist.. would you care to tell me what it is I beleive please? Do lay it out so I know... and where you get the idea that I am not Christian.

Paul, thank you for the chart.. it misses the explanations of the programs that went on those years by the courts and police that also reduced those crime statistics, but yes, I do agree that there is a change.

I also agree that it deters some people.. my mistake in being entirely literal in my representation of it.. I was caught up in the moment. But believing that it is ONLY that kind of punishment that effects those figures is incorrect. Things work differently in places like Singapore.. in Singapore, teachers are allowed to adminiter Corporal punishment, and there are other such controls placed on peoples lives that restrict them from getting to the point where they can do some of the things done in this country that allow such crimes to be easily committed.

You have to evaluate the whole system to understand why things are the way they are.. in a way, a chart is like a poll.. it can be made to say a lot of things, while leaving out supporting evidence around it. Not that your chart is incorrect, but it doesn't show the corelations.

Still, points well taken.

Love and Peace

JCAtheist

JCAtheist

Originally posted by Paul DeYonghe

Amen!

But since arguments from Scripture hold no water with JCAtheist, we have to use the only authority he recognizes: raw data.

This naturally means that JCA's epistemology is going to be weak. As an ex-girlfriend wisely pointed out to me, "Statistics never lie, but statisticians often do." In other words, data can often be manipulated to support whatever worldview one holds to.

Now I'm put down to scripture holding no water with me... oh great argument..

What about the scripture *I* quoted? That holds no water either?

*checks the calendar* Oh I forgot it was 'bear false witness against JCA day' today.

Should you be killed for that sin? :rolleyes:

JCAtheist

Brother Vinny

Now I'm put down to scripture holding no water with me... oh great argument..

What about the scripture *I* quoted? That holds no water either?

*checks the calendar* Oh I forgot it was 'bear false witness against JCA day' today.

Should you be killed for that sin? :rolleyes:

JCAtheist

Nope. "Bearing false witness" applies directly to one's behavior in a court of law.

And if Scripture does in fact hold water with you, my mistake. I saw one portion of your site that drew a false dichotomy between following "Joshua" (Jesus) or the Bible. I thought by that you meant you didn't hold the Bible as any sort of authority. Again, my mistake if I was wtrong.

Calvinist

Calvinist.. would you care to tell me what it is I beleive please? Do lay it out so I know... and where you get the idea that I am not Christian.

JCAtheist

All I did was read your web page. I will give you that you are Disciple of Christ in the sense that you consider yourself to be a disciple of Jesus, the man. But this thread means to invite people who are Christians in the sense that most Christian Churches understand that word. You are disguising yourself and being duplicitous.

JCAtheist

Yes Paul, had you have read the WHOLE site, you would find that I only mean that when talking about most of MANS interpretation of the bible and it's authority.. I don't care for the arguments about Trinitarinism, or Dualities etc.. Mans arguments.. and frankly, not needed for Salvation.. but Christians argue with Christians about it, and defame and called each other unsaved..

THAT is the Christianity I mention and talk about on my site..

And yes, as I say, had you read it all, you might understand me and that a little better.

Sorry if I 'sound' upset.. 2d posts tend to remove 'feeling'.. I'm not angry or upset with you for your first conclusions.. but I do want you to know that yes, you didn't have me down right.

As for the court of law thing.. isn't that what this is like? Aren't I being judged now because of my comments? Aren't there more than one of you sitting there condemning me?

In my eyes, such a place of this is as bad, if not worse than court of law.. at least there I can expect certain rules to be applied, and fair play (well.. lets not get into that here).. here it is a courtroom without the ability to say "I object", because there is nothing to uphold it.. and even using scripture in my defense is ignored.

But to me, this is just as much a court, yes.

Love and Peace

JCAtheist

JCAtheist

Originally posted by Calvinist

All I did was read your web page. I will give you that you are Disciple of Christ in the sense that you consider yourself to be a disciple of Jesus, the man. But this thread means to invite people who are Christians in the sense that most Christian Churches understand that word. You are disguising yourself and being duplicitous.

And you are just plain incorrect. There are many denominations and individual Churches that agree with what I have said, and there are people who have read the whole site, and understand what I have said there.. the fact that you don't doesn't make you right.

I have stated here before what my beliefs are.. for you to come and judge differently, without ever asking me, and jumping to conclusions, shows a lack of understanding on your part what this is all about.

However, I'm sure you enjoy attacking peoples characters.. that too is a fruit of YOUR Church I suppose.

Love and Peace

JCAtheist

Last edited: