LOST - discussion about the TV series LOST. ** SPOILER ALERT **

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have avoided saying anything about this for 3 months because I didn't want anyone accidentally spilling the beans for me (I realize that doesn't make much sense). I started watching the TV series LOST in October. Just finished season 5 last night. It's the most compelling TV show I have ever seen. Amazing!

Any LOST fans out there???

GuySmiley

I have avoided saying anything about this for 3 months because I didn't want anyone accidentally spilling the beans for me (I realize that doesn't make much sense). I started watching the TV series LOST in October. Just finished season 5 last night. It's the most compelling TV show I have ever seen. Amazing!

Any LOST fans out there???
I love that show! It would be neat to watch it the way you must have (DVDs?). Instead of taking multi-month breaks in the story. Can't wait for this final season to start, but I'm pretty rusty on the story now. There are just so many sub-plots, I can't wait to see how they wrap it up. AND THEY BETTER WRAP IT UP!!! :bang:

The producers of LOST started a new show called Flash Forward in 2009. Its been really good so far, very LOST-like, with some of the same cast. The premise is that everyone on earth blacked out, and had a vision of a future day, six months in the future. Everyone's vision corrolated to others visions. Like if you were in Joe's vision, then Joe had the same vision. Some people like what they saw, and others don't. Does that future have to come true?

The producers seem to be really interested in fate. With the LOST storyline, and now this new Flash Forward show. They named their company Bad Robot :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have a group of 6 that all watch it together. It's been really fun and it's been neat having something that we all are so excited about and thought provoking. We generally spend a fair bit of time discussing each episode after it's over.

One night we watched 4 episodes all at once which was too much. I don't think anyone should watch more than 2 episodes in a day. That way you have time to soak it in.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
SPOILER ALERT

This thread will likely contain spoilers regarding LOST so please don't read any further if you plan to watch the series. And with LOST, spoilers will greatly reduce the fun of the show.

GuySmiley

We have a group of 6 that all watch it together. It's been really fun and it's been neat having something that we all are so excited about and thought provoking. We generally spend a fair bit of time discussing each episode after it's over.

One night we watched 4 episodes all at once which was too much. I don't think anyone should watch more than 2 episodes in a day. That way you have time to soak it in.
We are like that at work, too. You better watch the show or you'll be out of the loop for talking about it the next day. Except for Vaquero45, who leaves the room as soon as we start talking about it. When the show aired originally they put in a lot of side story stuff you could pick up on in creative ways. Once I noticed a commercial, in between real commercials, for the Hanso foundation. The Hanso foundation was copyrighted in the instructional video for one of the sations in the show. The commercial gave out a website for them, which led to a side story. It didn't give any hints as to what was going on in the show but it was neat to discover.

Also, the book that Sawyer was reading on the beach in the first show wound up as a real book on Amazon under the authors name from the show. The author was one of the people they had a funeral for on the beach. On Amazon it explained how that author died in the crash of Oceanic flight XXX. It was kind of funny. There was a rumor on some websites that Stephen King was a ghost writer for it. Shalom and I both read the book (called Bad Twin), but again it didnt give out any details for the TV show.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Prior to watching the show I knew NOTHING about it. Which I think has made me appreciate the show that much more.

I was so dumb... I thought it was a show about some people that got stranded and "lost" on an island.

GuySmiley

What were your favorite seasons of the show?
They kind of run together for me because I watched them when they aired on TV. If I watched them more recent I may remember better one season from the next. But some of my favorite times in the show were when the first opened the hatch, and when the hatch 'blew up'. Also I loved Jack trying to get everyone to go back to the island, and the events that lead them all to go back.

Hurly and John Locke have been my favorite characters throughout. The one person I really don't like is Kate. I don't get why Jack or Sawyer wouldn't both just conclude she's an idiot and not worth the trouble. The character I was most sad to see leave was Charlie.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been a fan. But it's grown tiresome. I was planning on not watching it anymore until I heard this was to be the last season. So I'm definitely going to watch it to see what happens.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to do something stupid with it, though, like creating another plane crash that strands them again.

We'll see!

GuySmiley

I've been a fan. But it's grown tiresome. I was planning on not watching it anymore until I heard this was to be the last season. So I'm definitely going to watch it to see what happens.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to do something stupid with it, though, like creating another plane crash that strands them again.

We'll see!
We were just talking about that at work the other day. The ending better make sense, and not end up as someone's stupid dream or something. One of our guys at work quit watching it after season 4 because it just got too crazy keeping up. Its good that they end it. I think its the kind of show that overall will only lose people's interest. They just introduce too many loose ends every episode and people get sick of it. Knight had the right idea to not watch till now :)

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of the most frustrating things about the show has been the scheduling. They'll play episodes for 2 months, take a month and a half off, then run a few episodes and be done for the year. This year is the worst. They don't even start back when normal shows start. We should have been able to come out of the summer and pick back up with new episodes. Instead, they wait until Feb and will run it for 2 1/2 months (maybe) and then be done.

All the waiting has been frustrating.

But I'm not bitter. :noid:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the most frustrating things about the show has been the scheduling. They'll play episodes for 2 months, take a month and a half off, then run a few episodes and be done for the year. This year is the worst. They don't even start back when normal shows start. We should have been able to come out of the summer and pick back up with new episodes. Instead, they wait until Feb and will run it for 2 1/2 months (maybe) and then be done.

All the waiting has been frustrating.

But I'm not bitter. :noid:
I think that's kinda the norm with these shows that are really expensive to produce (sorta like 24 and such).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We were just talking about that at work the other day. The ending better make sense, and not end up as someone's stupid dream or something. One of our guys at work quit watching it after season 4 because it just got too crazy keeping up. Its good that they end it. I think its the kind of show that overall will only lose people's interest. They just introduce too many loose ends every episode and people get sick of it. Knight had the right idea to not watch till now :)
I highly doubt that they will tie up all the lose ends. But I do hope they tie up some of them.

And I also hope they don't "make it all go away" via a dream or whatever. I doubt that will happen especially since season 5 ended the way it did, season 6 will certainly need to have content therefore "their plan" (i.e., the incident) couldn't have worked the way they intended.

I have heard that the producers of the show have predicted that season 6 will have either the greatest ending in TV history or the worst ending in TV history. Not sure what that might mean. :idunno:

csuguy

It's not bad. Lots of my friends in college really love it. It has its weak moments tho - like the killing of the Polar Bear with a stupid pistol :p

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I've been watching it since part way through the first season.

I like the biblical reference of Jacob and wonder if his un-named adversary is Esau. I couldn't watch more than two episodes at one sitting. Watching one episode per week gave me and my fellow Lost-ites a week to discuss what we thought was happening and what we thought the implications were.

One of the revelations from last season (the John Locke thing) was quite interesting.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
It seems like one of those shows that tries to be super ultra philosophical and deep but fails miserably. It just tries too hard to make every episode a "Wow, that blew my mind, bro! That was some deep stuff! I can't wait for the next episode!"

Maybe not, but from what I've seen of it, that's what I think.
:plain: