LOST - discussion about the TV series LOST. ** SPOILER ALERT **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yokefellow View Post
    And what's up with the blonde kid in the woods? A young Jacob?
    That's what I thought at first, but he used third person when talking about the MIB killing Jacob and the "rules".

Knight, I like the Bernard/Rose theory.

Rose's last name before she married Bernard was "Henderson", which means "son of henry". "Henry" means "home ruler".

"Nadler", unfortunately, means "needle maker". How boring.

Comment

Is there any way that the boy could be Aaron? (blonde hair takes after his mother...)

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
        Is there any way that the boy could be Aaron? (blonde hair takes after his mother...)
        But Aaron never came back to the island; he's with Claire's mom.

Since the boy said "you know the rules" it would seem that it's Jacob or some other island-related person. It would also explain why the MIB got so mad and yelled at him saying, "don't tell me what I can't do!" (like they've argued about this before).

*sigh* so many questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
          I think that's certainly a possibility.

Aaron could be the REAL (and chosen) candidate to take over for Jacob. Aaron returns to the island from the future to remind the smoke monster of the rules.
          Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
          TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Maybe, just maybe....

4) Locke

8) Reyes

15) Ford

16) Jarrah

23) Shephard

42) Jin or Sun Kwon

4+8+15+16+23+42=108

Push the button every 108 minutes to save the world. Maybe, just maybe... Aaron is number 108.

Comment

I concur, I think it's a safe bet that Aaron is 108.

Comment

Here's one of my theories that just got published.... yay!!!

The Howling Man.

I don't always believe my own theories but they sure are fun to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                  Here's one of my theories that just got published.... yay!!!

The Howling Man.

I don't always believe my own theories but they sure are fun to ponder.
                  Congrats, very interesting and plausible. I'm thinking of putting my Kings theory there, now. Especially with the new information I've found.

Jack's symbolism is further comfirmed to me by his father's name. Jack is a shepherd who is a great physician, who is addicted to the "water of life," and his father's name is... Christian? Yup.

Reyes means king. Kwon means "authority" and was used explicitly to refer to kings. Guess what? Sun's family name "Paik" (also transliterated as "Paek" or "Park") is traced back to the founding king of the Silla Dynasty, one of the greatest empires in Korean history. Now we have FOUR names on the list that refer to kings specifically.

But I'll leave it at that for now. I'll have to write it up better before I post it there. (Plus, I really oughtta watch last night's episode first, too! We probably can after I get home from work, tongiht.)

Oh, one last note. It did occur to me that, in looking up the meaning of names, that I might be looking at this the same way people read horoscopes - adding their own meaning into it, seeing what they want to see. So... I looked over a comprehensive list of the meanings of names of every secondary and background character in the show's history.

Virtually all of them have meanings trivial to the story -- wagon wheel maker, needle maker, tree, name of an actual river, name of a suburb of London, etc. Nothing like the meanings of the names of the major characters, especially the king-related "candidates."

Still open to suggestions or refutations, especially concerning the weakest name in my theory - Ford.
                  Last edited by The Graphite; February 17th, 2010, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yokefellow View Post
                    This morning I was trying to remember who the Smoke Monster/MIB has pursued or killed in past seasons to see if that would give any clues. I know it and Locke had several incidents, which is beginning to make more sense from the parallels shown in both characters last night.
                    Well, I watched the very first episode tonight on Hulu and the first victim was the pilot from the original plane crash.

Also, I watched the Twilight Zone episode (found it online) that Knight referred to The Howling Man. Interesting stuff.
                    fidelis usque ad mortem

Comment

• Well, right off the bat, I can tell you why the Smoke Monster killed the pilot.

He was psychic cop Matt Parkman, from Heroes. He posed too great a threat! The MS couldn't chance him running around, reading his mind and staying one step ahead, so the monster killed him off quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Graphite View Post
                        Congrats, very interesting and plausible. I'm thinking of putting my Kings theory there, now. Especially with the new information I've found.
                        Yeah... you should post it, I think everyone would think it was really cool.

Comment

• I submitted a more comprehensive post of my theory to them. I guess we'll see if it gets posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Graphite View Post
                            I submitted a more comprehensive post of my theory to them. I guess we'll see if it gets posted.
                            I'm sure they will post it. It took a couple hours for them to publish mine. It appears that theories come in at a somewhat rapid pace on that site.

Comment

• Oh, and get a load of this, Knight. I got this from that theory website; I can't take credit. But this proves my theory regarding Jack, I think you'll agree!

My theory states that #23 Jack represents the "king" Jesus.

What's the most famous psalm in the Bible?

And what are the opening words in that psalm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
                                I have avoided saying anything about this for 3 months because I didn't want anyone accidentally spilling the beans for me (I realize that doesn't make much sense). I started watching the TV series LOST in October. Just finished season 5 last night. It's the most compelling TV show I have ever seen. Amazing!

Any LOST fans out there???
                                Yes. I am.

Yours is the only post in this thread that I've read so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X