LOST - discussion about the TV series LOST. ** SPOILER ALERT **

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It seems like one of those shows that tries to be super ultra philosophical and deep but fails miserably. It just tries too hard to make every episode a "Wow, that blew my mind, bro! That was some deep stuff! I can't wait for the next episode!"

Maybe not, but from what I've seen of it, that's what I think.
:plain:
How much have you seen of it?

I actually disagree, in fact the show often pokes fun at itself, one particularly funny bit was when Hurley and Miles were bickering about the implications of time travel. Classic! :rotfl:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not bad. Lots of my friends in college really love it. It has its weak moments tho - like the killing of the Polar Bear with a stupid pistol :p

David killed Goliath with a small stone and a stupid sling! I wouldn't want to face a Polar Bear with a 9mm but it wouldn't be an impossible feat, It's all about shot placement!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have watched every episode and I started watching season one over about a week ago. I'm really enjoying it the second time around as well.

csuguy

David killed Goliath with a small stone and a stupid sling! I wouldn't want to face a Polar Bear with a 9mm but it wouldn't be an impossible feat, It's all about shot placement!

David was unique and blessed by God. At any rate, LOST isn't some biblical thing (well at least as far as I've watched, maybe they do eventually tie it into the bible).

Polar Bears can be shot in the head and they will just keep coming - especially if what your shooting is a pistol.

Son of Jack

I absolutely loved it for about 3 and a half seasons, and then they started going way too sci-fi for my taste. But, I plan on watching the last season.

Random

I got about 20 episodes into the series. Then I got "lost." Yeah, I know, bad pun. I'll just go into the corner now. :dunce:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I got about 20 episodes into the series. Then I got "lost." Yeah, I know, bad pun. I'll just go into the corner now. :dunce:
Once you realize the show is science fiction it really starts getting good.

And the end of season one I was like..."what in the world???"

But then it really starts getting interesting. There is a very interesting battle between fate and freewill that permeates the entire show. That aspect of the show is really compelling.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
David was unique and blessed by God. At any rate, LOST isn't some biblical thing (well at least as far as I've watched, maybe they do eventually tie it into the bible).
Indeed, but I have always assumed that the rock killed Goliath because it hit him in just the right spot. Do you disagree?
Polar Bears can be shot in the head and they will just keep coming - especially if what your shooting is a pistol.
I'm certain that is true, but I have every reason to believe that if you shot a Polar Bear in the eye or the heart you would kill it with even a small caliber pistol. It would be an amazing shot, but certainly within the realm of possibility.

GuySmiley

How much have you seen of it?

I actually disagree, in fact the show often pokes fun at itself, one particularly funny bit was when Hurley and Miles were bickering about the implications of time travel. Classic! :rotfl:
One of my favorite scenes in the whole series is Hurly and the "talks to dead people" guy when they are riding in the van with the one guys father. Hurly keeps hinting about how they should go have a beer together and talk. :)

Lucky

Hall of Fame
The producers of LOST started a new show called Flash Forward in 2009. Its been really good so far, very LOST-like, with some of the same cast. The premise is that everyone on earth blacked out, and had a vision of a future day, six months in the future. Everyone's vision corrolated to others visions. Like if you were in Joe's vision, then Joe had the same vision. Some people like what they saw, and others don't. Does that future have to come true?
That show looked interesting but the 3rd episode I saw was full of homosexuality and that killed it for me. I'm so sick of gay TV.

Son of Jack

There is a very interesting battle between fate and freewill that permeates the entire show. That aspect of the show is really compelling.

That's what got me hooked. I also like the idea of "karma" in the show. I don't believe in karma as the term is typically used, but I certainly believe that choices have consequences and that those consequences often effect more people than just ourselves.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
One of my favorite episodes was where they tried to introduce two new characters into the show. It was a horrible attempt and it revolved around diamonds I believe.

Throughout the entire episode Sawyer kept asking them "Who are you?" or "Do I know you?" I thought it was funny that the Sawyer character was saying exactly what everyone watching was feeling.

The two new members were "killed" off and buried after being bit by a spider (I think it was a spider). However, we soon learned that one or both (I can't remember) weren't actually dead!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have avoided saying anything about this for 3 months because I didn't want anyone accidentally spilling the beans for me (I realize that doesn't make much sense). I started watching the TV series LOST in October. Just finished season 5 last night. It's the most compelling TV show I have ever seen. Amazing!

Any LOST fans out there???

I have faithfully watched LOST, every season, until the end of the 4th season. I was so mad after this one, nearly mad out of my mind with so many unanswered questions that I wrote it off at the time thinking "forget it, I've had it!!" and I refused to watch another episode although my courageous husband and kids were determined to persevere. But since I heard that it would all end in season 6, I gave in a couple of weeks ago and watched all of season 5.

Holy MOLEY!!! My brain is so exhausted after trying to figure out all 5 of these seasons. I heard that the final season 6 will bring answers and satisfaction to all those in misery over this series. All I can say is it better. Because I think I'm going to end up having those "nice" men in white coats taking me away if they don't.

I do agree that in the end, it will not only show good vs. evil but I predicted even in first few seasons that it will end up revealing a positive or negative concerning destiny and freewill. My fingers are crossed that it will show one to be the better of the other.

...er...wait...

If I cross my fingers and the ending I'm hoping for comes true, that must mean that freewill isn't really true because it was dependent upon me crossing my fingers.

But if I don't cross my fingers and the destiny/freewill ending which I'm hoping for comes true then that must mean that it was not dependent upon me crossing my fingers... er... wait...maybe fingers are bad luck.

I mean what if all along it wasn't crossing our fingers but crossing our "eyes" that helped us get what we want? I mean if we can't even start out with the correct foundation of what to cross for good luck then how can we be sure about anything? :dizzy:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I always wait until the season has ended then buy the DVDs, which come out around the Thanksgiving-Christmas holidays. Then the family and I watch the entire season in a week long marathon session with plenty of egg nog and snacks. The hard part for me is avoiding entertainment news that gives away plot developments in the meantime.

AMR