George Tillers Abortion Clinic Closed - for good.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lee Thompson and Dan Monnat, attorneys for the family of Dr. George Tiller, issued the following statement today:

"The family of Dr. George Tiller announces that effective immediately, Women's Health Care Services, Inc., will be permanently closed. Notice is being given today to all concerned that the Tiller family is ceasing operation of the clinic and any involvement by family members in any other similar clinic.

We are proud of the service and courage shown by our husband and father and know that women's health care needs have been met because of his dedication and service. That is a legacy that will never die. The family will honor Dr. Tiller's memory through private charitable activities.

The Tiller family wishes to assure Dr. Tiller's past patients that the privacy of their medical histories and patient records will remain as fiercely protected now and in the future as they were during Dr. Tiller's lifetime."

Source (Jill Stanek's great Pro Life blog, if you haven't checked it out... you should!)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are proud of the service and courage shown by our husband and father and know that women's health care needs have been met because of his dedication and service. That is a legacy that will never die. The family will honor Dr. Tiller's memory through private charitable activities.

Oh yes, I can see how being remembered as the man who excelled in snuffing out the life of unborn babies would be the source of such pride.

:hammer:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There could be more in play here than just the murder of "Dr" Tiller. Keep the Tiller's family in your prayers. :) It's very possible they could be reconsidering the value of the clinic from a moral perspective.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Oh yes, I can see how being remembered as the man who excelled in snuffing out the life of unborn babies would be the source of such pride.

:hammer:

My thoughts exactly. You gotta wonder what on earth these people tell themselves at night... I mean, how do you justify something so terrible?

This is great news though :up:

assuranceagent

There could be more in play here than just the murder of "Dr" Tiller. Keep the Tiller's family in your prayers. :) It's very possible they could be reconsidering the value of the clinic from a moral perspective.

I'd like to think so, but to be frank, that may just be wishful thinking. Given the tone and content of the quote above, I see no moral recalculation at all.

If I were to read anything into it, it'd be fear for safety. Which may ultimately end up having the effect of encouraging vigilantiism.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'd like to think so, but to be frank, that may just be wishful thinking. Given the tone and content of the quote above, I see no moral recalculation at all.
Keep in mind that's just the statement prepared by lawyers. My statement (regarding Tiller's family) is based on more than just a hunch.

Green Goblin

BANNED
Banned
they're fearful for other retribution. Didn't the suspected killer say that there were plans of more retaliation to the clinic and others around the country?

And I can't honestly understand how you all can claim this as being anything remotely positive. A man is murdered and his family is afraid of further attacks and must close down their livelihood. Even if you are pro-life, the ends don't justify the means here.

EMETH

they're fearful for other retribution. Didn't the suspected killer say that there were plans of more retaliation to the clinic and others around the country?

And I can't honestly understand how you all can claim this as being anything remotely positive. A man is murdered and his family is afraid of further attacks and must close down their livelihood. Even if you are pro-life, the ends don't justify the means here.

It is positive that a place where children were murdered is going out of operation. While I am sad that they lost a family member don't ask me to mourn the loss of their income when it's source was a factory of death.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven't heard that. Not that it would surprise me. Do you know for a fact that was stated by Mr. Roeder?

Who said the ends justify the means?

The "means" was wrong, Tiller was murdered and that is wrong.

However, good things can and do come from tragic events. That doesn't justify the means but it does describe the situation we are in. No babies will be brutally murdered by "Dr" Tiller in that "clinic" anymore and that is a good thing, even though it came about in a tragic way.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And I can't honestly understand how you all can claim this as being anything remotely positive.
You'd get it if you had another perspective, say that of a late term infant whose odds of making it to full term just went up.
A man is murdered and his family is afraid of further attacks and must close down their livelihood.
A professional hit man is killed and his family looses the income. Are you as concerned?
Even if you are pro-life, the ends don't justify the means here.
You must assume an immoral means when you make that statement. That is, an immoral act is not justified though it results in a moral end. Many feel that way about war. Do you? And though I am a rule of law man, I'd say the point is debatable. Fool certainly seems to think it is.

EMETH

I haven't heard that. Not that it would surprise me. Do you know for a fact that was stated by Mr. Roeder?

Who said the ends justify the means?

The "means" was wrong, Tiller was murdered and that is wrong.

However, good things can and do come from tragic events. That doesn't justify the means but it does describe the situation we are in. No babies will be brutally murdered by "Dr" Tiller in that "clinic" anymore and that is a good thing, even though it came about in a tragic way.

:up: