2008 Truthsmack Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I didn't realize I lost Burleson for the year. I predict another really bad year for my team. I guess it's a good thing I won't have much time to put into football watching this season. :plain:

ragTagblues

I wasn't trying to dupe you....I honestly figured you'd counter-offer. Not that I'm complaining that you didn't. :thumb:

You really did have a weakness at WR and I really did at RB. Everything I said was true it's just that I was thinking it was a starting point for negotiations...not the final agreement.

But hey...if it makes you feel any better, my starting QB...who also happens to be maybe the best in the league...didn't make it through the first quarter of play without getting injured. Being a knee injury, I have no idea how long I'm gonna be down on this one...those kinds of things can ruin entire seasons. :(

Aye, I'm sure thats the case that it could ruin your season.

It does really mean much to me about your injury, I know nothing about NFL I'm from England remember. But hey I won my first match!

drbrumley

Sorry to everyone who saw the above post. I thought I had it fixed, but it was still not doing what it was supposed to.

I know I am a bad commish. Should have had this figured out before now.

But now it is ok. Any questions, please PM me with any problems or concerns.

drbrumley

This weekend's game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans has been postponed until Week 10, and therefore the Ravens and Texans have a BYE this week. Please be sure to check your team's starting lineup and take appropriate measures to submit a lineup without any Raven or Texan players for Week #2!

The NFL decided on Saturday evening at about 6:30pm ET, that the game this weekend will be postponed. Therefore, we have updated the NFL schedule for your fantasy league to reflect the official changes from the NFL. The Texans and Ravens now have a BYE this week.

Here is the full story from the NFL:

Because of extensive damage at Reliant Stadium and the devastation in Houston and the surrounding areas caused by Hurricane Ike, the Houston Texans' home game against the Baltimore Ravens this weekend has been rescheduled for Sunday, Nov. 9 (1 p.m. ET) at Reliant Stadium.

Short notice made it logistically impossible to play this week at alternate sites. The change in dates also affects the Cincinnati Bengals' bye week schedule.

The regular-season schedule for the Houston Texans, Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals has been changed as a result of this weekend's postponement. The changes for these three teams are as follows:

The Houston Texans' bye has been changed from Week #8 to Week #2

The Texans' next two games will take place as scheduled on the road -- Sunday, Sept. 21 against the Tennessee Titans at LP Field and Sunday, Sept. 28 against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

The Baltimore Ravens' bye has been changed from Week #10 to Week #2

The Cincinnati Bengals' bye has been changed from Week #8 to Week #10

The Texans' home game against the Cincinnati Bengals originally scheduled for Week #10 has been rescheduled for Week #8

Lucky

Hall of Fame
The news report for the recent game between the most well-known rivals in FFL history, Lucky and Mr. 5020.

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 29, 2008) In a week 4 TruthSmack Fantasy Football League intra-divisional battle, Texas Revolutionaries beat a strong Pinguino's Predomination team by a score of 167.70 to 135.70.

Texas Revolutionaries were led to their 32.00 point victory by a 35.70 point effort from Tony Romo, who got by the Washington Redskins defense for 300 passing yards and 3 passing tds in addition to 7 rushing yards. With this performance, Romo was the number 4 ranked quarterback for week 4. They also got help from a 29.00 point effort from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Team.

"Two things: Como se dice, BOO-YA!, and, Eat that for breakfast!," Texas Revolutionaries coach Lucky said.

Pinguino's Predomination were helped out in a losing cause by a 30.60 point effort from Kurt Warner, who tore apart the New York Jets defense for 472 passing yards and 2 passing tds. With this performance, Warner was the number 5 ranked quarterback for week 4. They also got help from a 29.50 point effort from Ladainian Tomlinson, who beat the Oakland Raiders defense for 106 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds in addition to 9 receiving yards.

"They out-coached us," Pinguino's Predomination coach Mr. 5020 said.

http://football26.myfantasyleague.com/2008/options?L=72425&O=177&W=4

drbrumley

The news report for the recent game between the most well-known rivals in FFL history, Lucky and Mr. 5020.

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 29, 2008) In a week 4 TruthSmack Fantasy Football League intra-divisional battle, Texas Revolutionaries beat a strong Pinguino's Predomination team by a score of 167.70 to 135.70.

Texas Revolutionaries were led to their 32.00 point victory by a 35.70 point effort from Tony Romo, who got by the Washington Redskins defense for 300 passing yards and 3 passing tds in addition to 7 rushing yards. With this performance, Romo was the number 4 ranked quarterback for week 4. They also got help from a 29.00 point effort from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Team.

"Two things: Como se dice, BOO-YA!, and, Eat that for breakfast!," Texas Revolutionaries coach Lucky said.

Pinguino's Predomination were helped out in a losing cause by a 30.60 point effort from Kurt Warner, who tore apart the New York Jets defense for 472 passing yards and 2 passing tds. With this performance, Warner was the number 5 ranked quarterback for week 4. They also got help from a 29.50 point effort from Ladainian Tomlinson, who beat the Oakland Raiders defense for 106 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds in addition to 9 receiving yards.

"They out-coached us," Pinguino's Predomination coach Mr. 5020 said.

http://football26.myfantasyleague.com/2008/options?L=72425&O=177&W=4

:rotfl:

assuranceagent

Whatever happened to door? He just disappeared. Did I miss some sort of meltdown or something?

Was he perma-banned? Did he train up Lighthouse to fill in for him while he's away?

Questions, questions.

drbrumley

Pinguino's Predomination 14 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes ago
RazorBacks 27 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes ago
2 Corinthians 13:5 48 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes ago
All Blacks 79 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes ago

:sigh:

drbrumley

Whatever happened to door? He just disappeared. Did I miss some sort of meltdown or something?

Was he perma-banned? Did he train up Lighthouse to fill in for him while he's away?

Questions, questions.

Door is gone, just I cant get anyone to fill the void and I am not caretaking his team.

drbrumley

One week before playoffs

One week before playoffs

As it currently stands, the playoff picture is coming into view.

1. *AA's Annihilators 9-4 (Depending on outcome of game with RagTag)
2. *Knight's Avalanche 9-4 (or 8-5 depending on game with Mr.5020)
3. *Jefferson's Troglodytes 8-5 (#2 seed if Knight loses)
4. All Blacks 8-5
5. *PC Gators 8-5 (Remove if loss to E4E)
6. RagTag's Rangers 8-5

Will know more after tomorrows game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.