Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Dawkins - will he debate the existence of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Dawkins - will he debate the existence of God?

Today on the Richard Dawkins forum I formally challenged Richard Dawkins to a debate to be simulcast on both forums (TOL and RichardDawkins.net)

Below is what was posted on his forum....

I would like to extend an offer to Richard Dawkins.

My forum (which I will not name unless you ask me to) would like to set up a formal debate between one of our members (a published author, TV and radio talk show host), and Richard Dawkins.

It could be a 10 round moderated debate and be simulcast (i.e., posted on both forums - ours and yours). We could schedule the debate to work within Mr. Dawkins schedule.

The topic could be:

Does God Exist?

I am sure the debate would get huge amounts of attention and benefit both of our forums greatly. At the end of the debate both authors could have the right to re-publish the debate and sell it as a resource if they saw fit (unedited of course). Richard Dawkins could benefit greatly by this debate by having the opportunity to prove to thousands (possibly millions) of fundamentalist Christians that he is right and they are wrong. Fundamentalist Christians probably are not Mr. Dawkins best demographic when selling his books but he could certainly reach them through this debate.

Our forum is one of the oldest theology forums on the net and if you search for theology forum in Google you are sure to find us. (cough... #1 cough...)

Please consider my offer and feel free to contact me or have a representative contact me so we could work out the details.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    http://www.richarddawkins.net/forum/...p?f=14&t=44904
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Very cool! Can't wait to see the response. I bet Bob's mouth is watering at the thought of this possibility.
    Funny how threads morph.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ Paul

"You should never wave to someone you don't know. What if he doesn't have a hand? Then he'll just think you're being cocky!" ~Mitch Hedberg

__.._

Comment

Ohh! So cool! I wonder what he'll say
      You've called me out of death
      You've called me into life
      And I was under Your wrath
      Now through the cross I'm reconciled

Discount Maternity Clothes | Children's Books | Baby Gear | Coupons | Batman

Comment

I have to admit....that is something I would be very interested in seeing....
        Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
        ~Leonard Cohen

sigpic

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
        ~Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Hmmmm. Interesting!

Comment

Cool! Another opportunity to expose Dawkins for the fool that he is!
            Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
            . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

I'm sure with such an attitude visible on TOL he'll be begging to take Knight up on the offer...

How many people wanna bet that if Dawkins can't do it for whatever reason a ton of people here will assume he's "afraid" to debate? Because I can hear that deafening roar already.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post

I'm sure with such an attitude visible on TOL he'll be begging to take Knight up on the offer...

How many people wanna bet that if Dawkins can't do it for whatever reason a ton of people here will assume he's "afraid" to debate? Because I can hear that deafening roar already.
                Granite with all due respect TOL's attitude isn't even CLOSE to the attitude on their forum (trust me on this one).

Their forum is most vile, profane, perverted forum you will ever see.

Our forum is a thousand times more welcoming than their forum, I really mean that and I think even you would agree if you read the threads that I started over there yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                  Granite with all due respect TOL's attitude isn't even CLOSE to the attitude on their forum (trust me on this one).

Their forum is most vile, profane, perverted forum you will ever see.

Our forum is a thousand times more welcoming than their forum, I really mean that and I think even you would agree if you read the threads that I started over there yesterday.
                  Well I see little wrong with appropriate profanity, but I'll take your word for it.

Comment

This would be most interesting indeed. I just hope that the people on both sides can be mature and let it take it's course. Listen to both sides and then in a mature manner debate what is the outcome. To bad I won't even use my deductive skills to decide the chances on that happening, yet I do hope that it does, because that would be something to behold.
                    I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

Comment

He's not talking just about profanity. As soon as they sort of guess that a poster is a Christian, many of them are immediately very rude and beligerent. Not a very nice and welcoming crowd, in general. Though some of them are.
                      Funny how threads morph.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ Paul

"You should never wave to someone you don't know. What if he doesn't have a hand? Then he'll just think you're being cocky!" ~Mitch Hedberg

__.._

Comment

It'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilIsOnlyAConcept View Post
                          This would be most interesting indeed. I just hope that the people on both sides can be mature and let it take it's course. Listen to both sides and then in a mature manner debate what is the outcome. To bad I won't even use my deductive skills to decide the chances on that happening, yet I do hope that it does, because that would be something to behold.
                          I think that both participants would take it very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                            I think that both participants would take it very seriously.
                            I think you're right, and I hope Dawkins isn't put off by the "attitude" toward non-believers because I think it would be an interesting debate indeed.(I haven't checked out your link yet, but he might not be put off by hostility if it's really rampant on his site).

~SP
                            As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensable duty of all government to protect all conscientious professors thereof, and I know of no other business which government hath to do therewith.
                            -- Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post

I wouldn't think that. People's schedules seem so busy and full today that it wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Dawkin refused at this time.

I would love to see this debate. I had not heard of Richard Dawkin until yesterday. I've been at the official website looking things over to see exactly who he is. He seems to have a huge following.
                              I think I'm hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X