Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was not silly at all. You just don't understand what I'm saying.
Why should I have to understand you when you do not address the point being made? I believe you said that to wipe out everything on Earth an asteroid that was bigger than Earth would have to strike. That is one of the most obvious indications that someone does not know what they are talking about I have ever read.

griffinsavard

Another creationist who didn't do his homework and offers up the wrong definition for things. Wonder where he was when the Earth was created in 7 days. I want to see the footage. Is it on YouTube?

You guys all disagree on the definition of things. Who is the final authority on evolution anyways. Which of the conflicting Scientists should I go with. Maybe some of those guys who produced hoaxes to teach evolution.
The burden of proof is on you not me here. Your little debate strategy of countering my argument is pathetic. The Bible says it is by faith [sound reasonable faith, not a leap] that we believe God created the heavens and earth. You don't see my faith teachings in public school books do ya?
However you laugh at me for believing that a omnipotent God created the earth in seven days. Buddy, you got to be kidding me. Do you actually know what you believe? Your trying to tell me that all this complex universe came from nothing, now that would be one for youtube! :box:

Just a few examples and DNA too.

A few examples of people speculating over bones does not impress me. So whose DNA do you have? I would also like to point out that similarity could also mean a common designer.

Where do you get that selection implies intelligence. That is so ridiculous. If you have one animal that can survive heat and another that cannot in a heating climate, the former will survive due to the selective pressure of the heat. There is no intelligence here. You really don't know what selective pressure means.

If selective pressure is true then why is there so many different species?

Redo it in lab? Then have god demonstrate creation in a lab. Creationists love to use the word theory against scientists because they think it sounds flaky. But a theory is build on observable principles and falsification tests. We can see things everyday that support the larger extrapolations we make and give us greater confidence in the likelihood of a theory. It's about finding the most consistent complete answer we can given the evidence we have. God conveniently decided not to leave any evidence of his involvement behind. Too bad. And no complexity doesn't imply a complex source.

First, Christianity is not in the PUBLIC school textbooks so the burden of proof is on you. Second, after reading some of these posts I can begin to see the real spirit at work behind these theories taught as fact. The subtle arguments really posed at God by you atheists and evolutionists I believe proves these verses to be true...

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I have refuted your arguments and now given you more material for my position.
My appeal to you is to come clean and submit yourself to God. :king:

koban

Every time I mention the limitations on the devastation an asteroid might have you promote the story that an asteroid might wipe out all the dinosaurs.

I have never stated that an asteroid might wipe out all the dinosaurs, except in response to your hypothetical.

Every time I point out how if all the dinosaurs were wiped out it would require an event that would wipe out everything else as well you promote the story that an asteroid would not wipe out everything.

Current theory is that the results of an asteroid strike may have led to conditions that led to the demise of most dinosaur species. Once again Stipe, you have to get past "the ball is a sphere" and consider the distinctions.

You don't think it is a problem to have multiple theories in order to explain the disappearance of the dinosaurs so how about you just put forth your ideas. They should agree with my statements that an asteroid cannot be solely responsible for wiping out the dinosaurs.

What multiple theories?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never stated that an asteroid might wipe out all the dinosaurs, except in response to your hypothetical.
Then why do you not simply agree!? It is impossible that an asteroid wiped out all the dinosaurs.

Current theory is that the results of an asteroid strike may have led to conditions that led to the demise of most dinosaur species. Once again Stipe, you have to get past "the ball is a sphere" and consider the distinctions.
So I have to accept that an asteroid wiped out most of the dinosaurs according to current thinking? So even the experts agree with me that an asteroid did not wipe out all the dinosaurs?

What multiple theories?
You tell me. It's the evolutionist's asteroid theory that does not fully explain reality.

koban

Then why do you not simply agree!? It is impossible that an asteroid wiped out all the dinosaurs.

It's a funny way to put it, as nobody's claiming that all the dinosaurs were wiped out, but OK.

So I have to accept that an asteroid wiped out most of the dinosaurs according to current thinking?

No, of course not. You don't have to accept anything at all.

So even the experts agree with me that an asteroid did not wipe out all the dinosaurs?

That's right! Also, old age didn't wipe out all the dinosaurs, bad breath didn't wipe out all the dinosaurs, poor posture didn't wipe out all the dinosaurs. All the dinosaurs were not wiped out.

You tell me. It's the evolutionist's asteroid theory that does not fully explain reality.

In what way does the asteroid theory not explain reality?

Still waiting to hear what you think caused the demise of all the dinosaurs...

Emanresu56

BANNED
Banned
Why should I have to understand you when you do not address the point being made? I believe you said that to wipe out everything on Earth an asteroid that was bigger than Earth would have to strike. That is one of the most obvious indications that someone does not know what they are talking about I have ever read.

I meant an asteroid that was bigger than Earth would be able to wipe out the entire Earth, and thus, everything on it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In what way does the asteroid theory not explain reality?
:doh:
Reality = No dinosaurs today.
Asteroid theory = Some dinosaurs survived.

Conclusion: Asteroid theory is insufficient to explain the demise of all the dinosaurs.

Still waiting to hear what you think caused the demise of all the dinosaurs...
You can't even communicate properly when I say something you agree with.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meant an asteroid that was bigger than Earth would be able to wipe out the entire Earth, and thus, everything on it.
:chuckle: That's probably true. No relevant point being made, but I can agree with you.

Emanresu56

BANNED
Banned
You guys all disagree on the definition of things. Who is the final authority on evolution anyways. Which of the conflicting Scientists should I go with. Maybe some of those guys who produced hoaxes to teach evolution.

No one is the final authority on evolution, because that's not how science works.

The burden of proof is on you not me here. Your little debate strategy of countering my argument is pathetic.

:chuckle: What other strategy is there?

The Bible says it is by faith [sound reasonable faith, not a leap] that we believe God created the heavens and earth. You don't see my faith teachings in public school books do ya?

I will see it if Creationism or Intelligent Design slips into schools.

However you laugh at me for believing that a omnipotent God created the earth in seven days. Buddy, you got to be kidding me. Do you actually know what you believe? Your trying to tell me that all this complex universe came from nothing, now that would be one for youtube! :box:

No one's telling you the Universe came from nothing. Your assertions are illusions.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. However, it was the after effects of the asteroid impact which brought the dinosaurs to their downfall.
Really? So you agree that an asteroid did not wipe out all the dinosaurs with the qualification that the effects of the asteroid did not wipe out all the dinosaurs?

Or do you think that the effects of the asteroid did wipe out all the dinosaurs?

koban

The point is related to the opening post and was clearly made in my first post of this thread.

The opening post was based on a misunderstanding that was cleared up early on in this thread.

Perhaps you didn't get the memo?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The opening post was based on a misunderstanding that was cleared up early on in this thread.
Perhaps you didn't get the memo?
I didn't see any misunderstanding.

I have seen a few pages devoted to evolutionists arguing with a creationists who was saying something they agreed with.

koban

Guess you missed this exchange which clarified that the show on the History Chanel was discussing a hypothetical situation, and not describing current scientific thought about asteroids/dinosaurs.

Knight said:
Ahh!!!

My apologies.... it was on the History Channel. And it was called "Last Days on Earth".

It was a pretty slick show with very good special effects. It wasn't a science show (per se) although it did feature scientists on each segment.

The segment about the comet described how the seas would turn to a "battery acid" type fluid that would kill almost everything on the planet. They even had a slick graphic showing humans turning into bugs symbolizing that only the tiny creatures might be able to survive such an event.

Any way... I am not trying to make some sort of "case" against evolution. It just made me curious if this was a serious consideration.

From what I am hearing in this thread it seems the answer is no.

Ah, that makes more sense. To answer your specific question, no, this hypothesis is not one that's under serious consideration. In general, I'd say relying on the History Channel for your understanding of mainstream scientific ideas is not all that much wiser than relying on the Answers in Genesis website!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Guess you missed this exchange which clarified that the show on the History Chanel was discussing a hypothetical situation, and not describing current scientific thought about asteroids/dinosaurs.
"Current scientific thought" isn't hypothetical?

You can tell us what actually happened?