Poly's Post of the Month....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Am I missing something? He denies Paul was given a dispensation of grace for us.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Am I missing something? He denies Paul was given a dispensation of grace for us.
He is also a denier of the Trinity. But I didn't see that mentioned in this post; surprisingly.

I think Poly, being unaware of his track record, did not understand the meaning behind the words and filtered them through her own beliefs, thereby getting something for herself out of it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oatmeal is of Victor Paul Weirville's "Way International" cult.

In isolated posts, he can come across as 'generic' Christian.
It would be easy to misunderstand his overall perspective without scrutinizing his post and thread history.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
He is also a denier of the Trinity. But I didn't see that mentioned in this post; surprisingly.

I think Poly, being unaware of his track record, did not understand the meaning behind the words and filtered them through her own beliefs, thereby getting something for herself out of it.

I can understand this is the case.

However, this post gives a cultist TOL honors . . Which might be understood by readers unaware of the facts, to be a TOL endorsement of Oatmeal's wrong views.

Especially, since Poly is an Admin giving out the honor!

I would highly recommend Poly delete this thread.

musterion

It would be easy to misunderstand his overall perspective without scrutinizing his post and thread history.

Although, he hasn't been entirely consistent with his anti-trinitarianism.

oatmeal

Hardly,

As many times as I have read Ephesians 3:2-6 and referenced it on this website I cannot imagine where and how you got that idea.

Could you explain how you got there?

As far as I know you can't get there from where I am.

oatmeal

Thanks, I always enjoy the free advertising

Philippians 1:14-18

Keep it up. As long as Christ is preached. As long as The Way, the lord Jesus Christ is made known.

oatmeal

That's pretty much what I got out of it.

Wow, maybe I need to learn a few things about where you are coming from?

The Judeans and the Gentiles had different backgrounds, in part, and different expectations.

To win a Judean to Christ would take a different approach, but the same truths, than it would take to win a Gentile to Christ.

In that sense, there are two different gospels, for the steps to reach one group vs. the other are different.

I Corinthians 1:21-24

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Note the colors indicating the two different groups, and the unity of preaching Christ

Have you ever shared the gospel with anyone?

Are you not aware that tailoring the presentation of truth is a useful tool to reach others?

You are not going to teach your six year old the same as a retired college professor, nor are you going to teach an athlete the same way as a book worm. The truths do not change, but the presentations may differ.

Judeans and Gentiles likewise have different backgrounds hence the different starting points to lead them to Christ.

oatmeal

The Gospel is not to be 'tailored.'

If the shoe fits wear it.

Luke 4:18-19

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Isaiah 61:2

To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Why did Jesus Christ stop reading in the middle of that sentence?

oatmeal

If any man preaches a gospel other than what Paul preached, that man is accursed.

Can you recite what Paul's gospel was?

Why did Jesus Christ stop in the middle of a sentence.

I know why, I was taught why by someone who did his homework.

VP Wierwille.

You have much to learn about I Corinthians 1:25-29

oatmeal

If any man preaches a gospel other than what Paul preached, that man is accursed.

Can you recite what Paul's gospel was?

Recite is to repeat out loud from memory.

You mean Romans through Thessalonians and other epistles and records of what he taught as he was taught by God?

No, I cannot recite all of that!

Can you?

Do you have a point relevant to this thread?