• Kett's Pick 1-25-2015

Chrys Posts:
    Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
    to see if you have an answer

are you a sinner?
    Musterion comes up with this gem in reply:
    Originally posted by musterion View Post
    No. I am not.

Is that because of myself, or any inherent righteousness of my own, or due to anything I did, or could do? No. In myself, I am nothing and have nothing. No righteousness, no strength, no hope. I am, in myself, bankrupt, destitute, wretched, miserable, poor, blind, naked, wicked, contemptible, condemnable and damned. As you are. In that respect, you are I are no different.

But now...

I am in Christ. Now and forever. God has declared me as having died with His Son, having risen from the dead with His Son, and am seated at God's right hand in His Son. Because of all that -- because of what He did for me -- I have been forever separated from sin and from God's condemning Law.

So no...I, the new, real me that has been created in Christ, is not a sinner. That is the only "me" I'm to give any thought to because that's the only "me" God now sees.

Your turn.
    Congratulations!
    sigpic

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Excellent post musterion!
      sigpic

Comment

nice pick!
        2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

Great post, Musterion!

Good pick, Inzl!
          Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
          Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Matt 25
            "I will guard my ways That I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle While the wicked are in my presence." I was mute and silent, I refrained even from good, And my sorrow grew worse. My heart was hot within me, While I was musing the fire burned; Then I spoke with my tongue:"LORD, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days; Let me know how transient I am. NASB

Comment

Originally posted by dreadknought View Post
              Matt 25
              I expect everyone in this thread has read Matt 25
              multiple times.

Is there something in it that you find particularly relevant to something in this thread?
              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Working...
              X