Delmar's POD 3-21-14

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[/INDENT] Jerry, it is perfectly comprehensible why you say what you say. You start from the presupposition that God does not experience time (a.k.a. a succession of events) and lo and behold you find all sorts of scriptures that appear to agree with you. That's all it is.

Your own view is self-defeating because if God is outside of time, then he didn't do anything before anything else. Even if there was a point when time began, God can't have done anything before that point. The very idea that time began is completely nonsensical.

Post of the day! :first:

I said something similar to the highlighted portion, earlier in the thread, but not as eloquently.

JosephR

Well time is a 4 dimensional property.an effect or by product of. He should have said,before God created the physical universe,then time would have been included.

JosephR

Can you show that time is dimensional?

well no, it is a by-product of the burn of energy..

physicist now call it time-space. not separating time and space.

and space is a dimension and time is what happens when energy is transferred.

What I am saying is that time as we know it will not exist without matter... and there is no such thing as a space without matter...

EXCEPT in a different dimension or as the Faithful call it, the Spiritual world

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
well no, it is a by-product of the burn of energy..

physicist now call it time-space. not separating time and space.

and space is a dimension and time is what happens when energy is transferred.

What I am saying is that time as we know it will not exist without matter... and there is no such thing as a space without matter...

EXCEPT in a different dimension or as the Faithful call it, the Spiritual world
I'm still waiting for you to show this. I didn't ask you to simply tell.

JosephR

Brother, you should have left it at this. We have plenty of threads to discuss time.

Yeah I realized I was hijacking and stopped replying,, I shoulda just said nice job and went to the thread this came from to discuss.

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

Yeah I realized I was hijacking and stopped replying,, I shoulda just said nice job and went to the thread this came from to discuss.

Posted from the TOL App!

Nice post desert, sorry to derail Delmar :)

Posted from the TOL App!

Lon

Only if you assume time had a beginning.
It must be assumed. You cannot have a point B without a point A.

The concept, measurement, and meaning of time depend on what happens between point A and B. Without both, you have no time. A stop watch that you never press to begin cannot do anything regarding time.

God cannot ever have had a beginning so there is no such thing as time (no point A) other than as it pertains to His creating (In the beginning).

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It must be assumed. You cannot have a point B without a point A.

The concept, measurement, and meaning of time depend on what happens between point A and B. Without both, you have no time. A stop watch that you never press to begin cannot do anything regarding time.

God cannot ever have had a beginning so there is no such thing as time (no point A) other than as it pertains to His creating (In the beginning).
And you continue begging the question. Just stop before you embarrass yourself anymore.