A Stranger in a Strange Land

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pastor James T. Penney, Jr. is a disciple of C. R. Stam and writes for the Berean Bible Society, he wrote a great article called "A Stranger in a Strange Land". The article details how grace believers need to confront societal evils head on!

It's a great read I recommend it to all you grace believers out there.

Some of the best quotes are as follows....

3. Be Engaged: We in the United States are blessed to live in a country that continues to value liberty. We are enfranchised and empowered to decide who our leaders are going to be. Engage the society in which you live by knowing the candidates and the issues and then vote according to your values. You may be assured that the undesirable elements in our society will be at the polls. If you fail to have a voice in the society in which you live, you must live in that society without a voice against evil and injustice.
That's brilliant!

Here's more...
Members of the Body of Christ may find themselves in strange territory when deciding to confront the issues and engage the evil in our society. Being an ambassador in wartime is not for the squeamish, but confront we must. Otherwise, we concede what is left of civility in our society and, like the survivors of the Titanic disaster, leave men to drown in their sins with our lifeboat half full.
And more...
From the few examples above, the case may be made that if Paul were ministering today, he would not shy away from the evil in society. The apostle of Grace was well equipped to engage the battle for men's souls; and from that battle, he did not shrink. Is it much of a stretch to say that we too have a responsibility to fight for the souls of men today?
Battling societal evils and preaching the gospel are often one and the same!
The stakes in this battle are far greater than the souls of strangers, as precious as they are; the souls of our children are at stake. Few families today can afford private school, even if they may find one to whom they may entrust their children. Far fewer can or are able to home school. The only choice for the majority of families is public school. Need I go into detail about the corruption in public education today?

PKevman

But Knight I thought the majority of Grace Pastors believe anyone who stands up against the wicked and Godless public school system is a legalist and is mixing up their dispensational teaching? :chuckle:

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
But Knight I thought the majority of Grace Pastors believe anyone who stands up against the wicked and Godless public school system is a legalist and is mixing up their dispensational teaching? :chuckle:

:idea: That's right! How dare we think that you & Uncle Bob rightly divide the Word and are spot on about battling society's evils? :doh: Dumb, dumb us :nono:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm still waiting for Pettrix to provide me with ONE example of that. :chuckle:

PKevman

Knight if you wanted Pettrix to see this you should have titled it: "Public Schools are Wicked" or something of that nature. He would have come in rarin' to go.

Daniel50

Pastor James T. Penney, Jr. is a disciple of C. R. Stam and writes for the Berean Bible Society, he wrote a great article called "A Stranger in a Strange Land". The article details how grace believers need to confront societal evils head on!

It's a great read I recommend it to all you grace believers out there.

Some of the best quotes are as follows....

That's brilliant!

Here's more...And more...Battling societal evils and preaching the gospel are often one and the same!

God bless you, good article.