Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maximeee gets my POTD for this post:

Maximeee said:
I am sure that is true. My mother was a SAHM and my father could not have worked the hours he did without her work. My dad thought it was great. My mother, OTOH, didn't. She worked hard, got no pay, and no recognition. *I* recognized how hard she worked for so little reward when I hit my teenage years and concluded she got a bum deal. I don't do that deal, and I want my daughters to be able to CHOOSE whether or not to do so.

I'm not disrespecting the very real work that you do, and I'm glad your husband does appreciate it. I think those who would bash a male for doing the same thing you work so hard at are those who don't respect it, and I will repeat my POV that this "SAHM vs feminist/working woman" war is constructed by those who would have women fighting each other instead of addressing real-life issues.

Katherine

I'm sorry your dad didn't treat your mom well. You know, the Bible doesn't only say things about what wives are supposed to do, it also talks about husbands:

Ephesians 5:25
- "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her."

1 Corinthians 7:3 -
"The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband."

Ephesians 5:28 -
"In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself."

Colossians 3:19
- "Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."

It's always good to point out that this is a two-sided discussion. :)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Awwhh thanks Nori!

You're welcome, Maximeee.

It's easy for people to criticize the idea of being a submissive wife until we let them know that there are instructions for the husbands too. ;)

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
True! It's not like d2i can just sit on his butt all day and boss me around :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.