Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
CRTL & WRTL Debate Fetal Pain Bill

This is the show from Tuesday December 5th, 2006.

SUMMARY:

* Wyoming RTL President: Steven Ertelt, founder and editor of LifeNews.com, defends NRTL's plan to address a problem of fetal pain by requiring abortionists to offer anesthesia for late-term abortion.

* Colorado RTL President: and Columbine dad Brian Rohrbough exposes NRTL's Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act as a violation of God's enduring command, Do Not Murder, since complying with its requirements then permits the killing of a late term baby. Also, Rohrbough shows that giving pain killers to the fetus will alleviate the concern of some mothers sufficiently enough to convince them to abort their babies.

* Host Bob Enyart: sides with CRTL against NRTL and Republicans whose law would make even late-term abortion more "humane" and socially palatable, and might even keep such killings legal for decades, well after Roe v. Wade's eventual demise.

* Enyart & Rohrbough Break In: to the debate with comments taped immediately afterward, quoting directly from H.R. 6099 itself and from Ertelt's own editorial to refute his claims supporting this tragic proposal.

Today's Resources: If ever Christians needed to watch Focus on the Strategy, it is now! If you haven't watched Bob's Focus on the Strategy DVD, you owe it to yourself to strap on a seatbelt and watch it with a friend!

Aethril

Incredible

Incredible

My favorite dialogue:

Steven: I don’t understand why we’d want to deny women info that might lead them to choose life for their baby

Brian: Steven, we don’t want to deny information of what an abortion really does

Steven: If you’re opposing the bill you are denying them information

Brian: No, I am opposing the bill because it’s EVIL

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST EXCHANGE OF THE SHOW:

Bob Enyart: If Roe v. Wade were overturned tomorrow, this act would keep late-term abortion legal because it authorizes an abortionist to continue with an abortion on a late-term fetus as long as he complies with the regulation of the act.

Steven Ertelt: Only if those abortions are legal in the first place.

Bob Enyart: That's not true.

Steven Ertelt: Well that is true. We're just going to have to disagree on that.

Brian Rohrbough: Steven, it doesn't say that. And there are many pro-life attorneys who look at bills like this and warn us that these things entrench abortion.

DavesWorldView

Even though we have a wicked form of government in democracy, I would love to see Brian Rohrbough run for President. This man is quickly becoming a national voice for true Conservatives. Rohrbough would get less than .5% of the votes; however, the speeches he would give against abortion would be priceless.

I already have more respect for Brian Rohrbough than Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, James Dobson, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh put together!

Status
Not open for further replies.