Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEL Election Meltdown Debrief

Wednesday November 8th, 2006.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
James Dobson has not once, to this day, told his massive audience that even if we get a partial birth abortion ban in place, it will not stop a single scheduled abortion. Not one. The most egregious, wicked form of abortion conceivable and we have utterly squandered it on a publicity stunt...
Summary:

Sick to Your Stomach Over the Elections?: Now, you better sit down before you fall down. Listen to this sober analysis of our Christian political failure.

Today's Resources: And while you are sitting, watch Bob's Focus on the Strategy DVD, which is a devastating assessment of our Christian political strategy!

Last edited by a moderator:

PKevman

I sure appreciate the fact that Bob always stands for his principles even if they wouldn't be popular to mainstream Christianity. It is so true that the Republicans have let us down big time! I used to be sucked into the lie that it was better to vote Republican just because they weren't as bad as the Dems. I almost wonder now if they aren't WORSE than the Dems because at least with the Dems, they are largely unashamed of their wicked positions, whereas the Republicans mask theirs.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bob made a good point that we are now voting on issues the used to be status quo. Voting on homo marriage? We really have lost a lot of ground.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
When I was a young boy less than fifty years ago, the most lowly woman in our neighborhood was the one woman who had committed adultery and then remarried. Everytime we passed her house it was as if we were partaking in her shame. There were no homosexuals that any one knew of, because you didn't even speak of such a thing. At least we could talk about the adulterous woman.

Twenty years ago when I got saved, I changed from a flaming liberal, to an arch conservative, in the course of a year or less.

As I lamented the state of affairs { Abortion, sexual promiscuity, and marginalizing of Christianity}, back then, to an older Christian, who had served in Vietnam, I truly believed things couldn't get much worse. He startled me, and assured me that "this" was really nothing. "Things" can get, and have been much worse, in various places, and certainly at different times, in human history.

To those who may be as young and naive as I was twenty years ago. I would say this. Things have gotten much worse in the last fifty, and the last twenty years. Since then I have lost the innocence of youth, and the naivety of a new born babe in Christ.

Unless there is a "true" revival, and work of God in this country. "History does not repeat itself, we repeat history." Here is where we are headed.

We have gone from the criminalization or stigmatization of sexual sin, to the legalization of almost every type of consentual sexual act. When that is complete, we will then begin the legalization of the involuntary.

The next twenty years will bring the institutionalization of sin, in our government, schools, society and Churches.

Then we will turn from voluntary "diversity" to involuntary violence, backed by the institutions. There is coming, forced abortion, forced euthanasia, and forced sex, both heterosexual and homosexual. In the Bible these three things are called murder, murder, and rape. They are also called sins and abominations.

The tone of this country is now this. "God leave us alone, we will take care of ourselves." When men take care of themselves that means that the stronger "take care" of the weaker. Just the opposite of how God takes care of us.

He looks with greater favor upon the weak, the halt, the orphaned and the widow, and commands the "strong" to care for them.

After listening to this show, which was excellent, I know that there is at least one man who sees things much the same way as I do, Bob Enyart.

I also know that there was another man named Francis Schaeffer, who twenty years ago, before he died, predicted that this is exactly where we would be today, and where we are headed tomorrow.

May God remember the upright in heart and have mercy upon us for the sake of His promises to us through Abraham, and through our Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.