PDA

View Full Version : Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57
June 25th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

notice vs

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

In Jn 15:13 we read this:

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

2 Chron 20:7

7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !

Isa 41:8

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

James 2:23

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

beloved57
June 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

Now it will be pointed out that the seed of Abraham, that is Christ people whom He shall save from their sins, is not limited to ethnic jews, but to all who will believe in Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:29

[B]29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

These are also the heirs of promise and children of promise Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

One of biggest blunders in our day is to think that ethnic jews, because of their race, are the people of God.

The seed of Abraham that Christ came to save and whom He identified with, were children of promise, and was comprised of ethnic diversity of every nation.

If we look back to the time when Abraham's name was changed to Abraham from Abram in Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

We find that it was changed because God made him a Father of not one nation, but of many Nations !

Now if he was declared to be their Father, it goes without reason they were declared to be his seed.

So how did Abraham have a seed of all these different ethnicities ? Because they had been [before the creation of the world] chosen in Christ Abraham's True seed. Gal 3:16

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The ethnic jews mistake [ even those who became true believers in Christ as peter] was that they thought they were the only ethnic group that was Abraham's seed.

Peter preached the gospel to some jews in Acts 3:24-25

24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

But peter did not realize that the same promise belonged to gentiles as Paul pointed out in Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Both preachers peter and paul are referring back to the same declaration in Gen 12:3

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

And it is sad today to say the same delusion still is prevalent in religion of our day.

It is clear however, that God gave Abraham a seed of diverse nations in Gen 17:5, for that is when He first was called Abraham by God.

Thats Paul's argument in Rom 4:10-12

10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

God gave Abraham the promises while in uncircumcision [ non ethnic jew] that He might be the Father of all them that believe [ Gen 17:5]

This is the seed of Abraham, that Jesus identified with Heb 2:16, that is who His people are that He came to save Matt 1:21.

beloved57
July 10th, 2010, 04:23 AM
To preach a gospel that does not focus on the Truth that Christ came into the world to actually save certain sinners, instead of making all men without exception with the possibility of getting saved depending on what they do, that is to preach a false gospel.

1 Tim 1:15

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

beloved57
September 19th, 2010, 09:20 PM

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Who is meant when its assured that Jesus shall save His People from their sins ?

Many mistakenly believe that this means ethnic jews ! But thats insane, for that would mean that Jesus is to assuredly save from their sins all ethnic jews ! And anyone with any reason knows thats not true.

For Jesus warned some ethnic jews that they had no chance of escaping the damnation of hell Matt 23:32-33

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

So His People are not ethnic jews, some are, as well as some people from different ethnic groups are.

But His People are all those who are foreknown of God Rom 11:1-2

1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Thats who the His people is. All those regardless of race who are the foreknown of God , those who are to be conformed into the image of Christ.

Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That makes sense, those who are foreknown as He was 1 Pet 1:20

20Who verily was foreordained [foreknow] before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

The same are His People, His brethren.

All believers in Christ, those who belong to Him are of the seed of Abraham per Gal 3:28-29

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And He took on the seed of His People , the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

So, His people in Matt 1:21 are all those who eventually believe in Him, belonging to Him, and ethnicity is not the condition. The condition is being of those whom God foreknew !

Rom 11:2

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

beloved57
September 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM

The promise is not that He shall save all people without exception from their sins, but His People.

His People are those that are foreknown of God as per Rom 11:2

2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

And No, all people are not foreknown by Jesus Christ as per Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now since He says He never knew them, then He never knew them before ! Which is what foreknow means:

Its made of Two greek words:

pro ginōskō

pro means:

before

ginosko means:

to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel

a) to become known

2) to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of

So those whom are not of the foreknown, are not the people who He came to save from their sins, for He never knew them.

some other dude
September 27th, 2010, 10:51 AM
He saved me! Hallelujah!

beloved57
September 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM
He saved me! Hallelujah!

If He did, you would have had to be one of the foreknown !

beloved57
August 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM
The Cross of the Lord Jesus Christ saves all them He died for. Lets look at Jn 12:31-32

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Here in this passage, Jesus Christ was declaring that by means of His Death, that He would save men and Women throughout the world. These are all them that the Angel promised that He would save from their sins in Matt 1:21.

The drawing of them unto Him is the actual Saving of them.

beloved57
August 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
The Angel announced clearly what the Purpose was that occasion Christ to be born into this world as a Saviour. Matt 1:21

Lk 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

That was His work that He came to do. to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Jn 6:39-40

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now in anticipation of His Finished work, that is to seek and to save that which was Lost, Jesus states Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work that The Father gave Him to do ? Well read again Matt 1:21; Lk 2:11; Lk 19:10; Jn 6:39-40

It was to save all the Father had given Him to save, to seek and to save that which was Lost.

Christ said, I have finished that work Jn 17:4

He states it again here Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What was finished ? He saved by His work of the Cross all whom the Father willed to be saved ! All that He came to seek and to save that were Lost, He sought them, found them, and Saved them, It is finished..

Now if there is one soul that the Father desired to be saved that was Lost, not saved, then Christ did not finish the Work the Father gave Him to do, and He lied when He said His work was finished.

beloved57
March 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Jesus is said to come specifically to save His People from their sins. We have shown in this Thread that His People does not mean people restricted to the ethnic jews of Israel, in fact many of them were children of the devil Jesus said Jn 8:44, but His People are His Church, His Body, The Foreknown of God Rom 11: 2

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Or His Sheep that He knows Jn 10:14

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

But now lets look at another portion of God's Word that Identifies exactly who His People are. For they are the all that the Father hath given Him Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And all those Christ said to His Father, they were thine before thou gavest them to me Jn 17:6,11,10

6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Also vs 10 He says :

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

All this means God the Fathers own Elect 1 Pet 1:2

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

All those Beloved of God Col 3:12

12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

For as the Son is Beloved of the Father Matt 3:17, so likewise are those His People Matt 1:21 They are simply the Beloved Family of the Father, all these Christ came to save from their sins, and no others !

beloved57
April 20th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Much controversy is made over who are the People Jesus shall save from their sins ? What people shall He be a Saviour unto ? Trust, me, whatever People it is, all of them must be saved from their sins, in order for this prediction to be True, I mean 100% of that People, and not one should be Lost, as Jesus states here Jn 17:12

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

So all those the Father gave Him are " His People " that He shall save from their sins Jn 6:37; 17:2.

This same people is also His Body the Church, For scripture says He is the Saviour of the Body Eph 5:23

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

Paul uses Saviour in the present tense, He is being the Saviour of His Body, The Body, with the definite article. The word body is the greek word sōma and means:

is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

a) so in the NT of the church

He shall save His Body, which is a Large number of men closley united as one Family, which is the Church, His Mystical Body !

It is the same as His People which is the word Laos and means:

a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of the same stock and language

What People is closer to Jesus than His own Body Eph 5:28 ?

beloved57
April 21st, 2012, 05:01 AM
Again, what People is closer to Jesus than His Church, His own Body, who is bone of His bone and flesh of His Flesh 5:30

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

So the Church, His Body, whom He is One Flesh with, as symbolized by Creation Marriage Gen 2:23-24

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Cp Eph 5:30-32

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Or Jesus and the Church !

The Church therefore whom He is One Flesh with is the same people as Here Heb 2:14

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

So, the Seed of Abraham here, the Children of vs 14 are the Church, His Body, His People. The members of His Body, also these people are not restricted to ethnic jews, though some are, but the Church is comprised of both jew and gentile as the seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's [or Jesus], then are ye Abraham's seed[His People], and heirs according to the promise.[He shall save His People from their sins is a promise !

beloved57
April 26th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Now the Jesus that came to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

Is He not the same Jesus here ? 1 Thess 1:10

And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

That Jesus here that has delivered or saved His Church from the wrath to come ? Now, why should it not be here in 1 Thess 1:10, these people who are saved from the wrath to come by JESUS, the same people that it is stated in Matt 1:21 that He shall save from their sins ?

The word save in Matt 1:21 is the greek word sōzō and does mean:

to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction

a) one (from injury or peril)

1) to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

1) to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue

b) to save in the technical biblical sense

1) negatively

a) to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment

b) to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance

And the word for deliver in 1 Thess 1:10 is the greek word rhyomai and means:

to draw to one's self, to rescue, to deliver

2) the deliverer

So as you can see that both words means deliver , to rescue. Folks the Church in 1 Thess 1:10 and the People in Matt 1:21 are the same, they are the People that Christ shall, not maybe or peradventure as the false teachers preach, but it is a sure Salvation for 100% of His People that it was PROMISED that He shall save them from their sins !

beloved57
May 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Who are those that scripture promises that He shall save His People from their sins ? Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Why, it is none other than those scripture that scripture declares that He died for their sins 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Therefore the OUR SINS here are the His People of Matt 1:21 ! Who can deny that ?

SeraphimsCherub
May 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Mat_15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

beloved57
June 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This is a Promise of something that must be done, its a promised Salvation of a very specific people.

Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Yes, the seed here in this verse and the his people in the Matt 1:21 verse are the same.

The saving is the same, in Rom 4:16, the promise is speaking about Salvation.

Lk 2:30-32

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Lk 1:68-77

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

All whom receive a Knowledge of remission of their sins are the His People of Matt 1:21 and the seed of Rom 4:16.

Notice the mention of our Father Abraham in vs 73

Abraham is the Father of us all who Believe Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Now Salvation is sure to all the seed, it is by Faith that it should be by Grace. So Faith is conditioned by Grace, and not the other way around as the false christian world would tell us. If the promise of eternal salvation or eternal inheritance were conditioned upon those of the seed having faith, then how could the promises be sure to them ?

But if Faith is a product of Grace, then we can understand how the promises are sure to all the seed. For the seed believes through or by Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Because the seed had been ordained to Eternal Life or Inheritance Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed

And as long as Grace Reigns, faith will be empowered, so all the seed is being kept by the Power and Grace of God through Faith 1Pet 1:5

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

That is the Power of God [Grace Reigning] keeps us in the Faith, Grace it is we believe by Acts 18:27, so Grace keeps us believing, if we be of that Holy Seed !

Those who teach that Salvation is a condional offer to all, they are false teachers and do not understand that Salvation is a Promise to all of a certain seed !

beloved57
July 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
He shall save His People from their Sins, so says the Promise Matt 1:21

I ask again, who are His People ? It certainly is not the ethnic jews as many deceived souls would tell us, but it is all those that He bought with a price, and redeemed by His Blood from all iniquity as Per Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word redeem here is the greek word lytroō and means:

to release on receipt of ransom

2) to redeem, liberate by payment of ransom

a) to liberate

b) to cause to be released to one's self by payment of a ransom

c) to redeem

d) to deliver: from evils of every kind, internal and external

His People by Redemption 1 Cor 6:20

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

His People is His Church Acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The word purchase here is word peripoieō and means:

to make to remain over

2) to reserve, to leave or keep safe, lay by

3) to make to remain for one's self

4) to preserve for one's self

5) to get for one's self, purchase

Now if anyone cannot see these as being Christ's people he came to save of Matt 1:21 it is because they are blinded by the devil !

beloved57
July 23rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
Much has been said as to who are the His People of Matt 1:21

The reason why this is so important to know is because this is a sure promise of Salvation to a certain People, not based upon any conditions from them, but a Salvation based on a sure word of prophecy from the Word of God 2 Pet 1:19

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

And that is what Matt 1:21 is all about, its a sure word of Prophecy of what Christ shall do unto a certain People, His People !

A scripture to help us understand who are " His People " Lets look at Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Now His Inheritance is His Possession.

Thats His People, the Inheritance His Father gives Him for His Redemptive Work, and we see from this scripture that it includes some gentiles, for out of them also God had a People for His Names Sake Acts 15:14

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

And these all He shall save from their sins, for they are His Inheritance, Mic 7:18

18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage?[/B] he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

This word heritage is the same word inheritance here Ps 2:8

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine[B] inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The Heritage of Micah 7:18 and the Inheritance of Ps 2:8 are the same ! These are all of the His People it was prophesied He shall save from their sins !

beloved57
July 24th, 2012, 06:23 PM
His People are all those Sanctified by the Father and preserved in Jesus Christ Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Those are also the all the Father gave Him Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The word for give in the greek is didomi and means:

to give one to someone as his own , So all those given to Him by the Father are His People given to Him !

They were first and foremost given to Him in Eternal Election ! Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

beloved57
July 24th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Those who are the people that Christ SHALL save from their sins as promised here in Matt 1:21, they are the same of which Paul wrote in Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

That is those He gave Himself for or in behalf of Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So no doubt those He gave Himself for in Gal 1:4 and the Church He gave Himself for in Eph 5:25 are the exact same ones.

Now the Gal 1:4 verse tells us the Purpose why He gave Himself for the Church, it in order to deliver it [or the us] from this present evil world, just another way of saying, to save us from our sins !

And that word deliver is the greek word exaireō and means:

to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out

2) to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

3) to rescue, deliver

So the word has the meaning of being chosen or selected for this rescuing.

In fact it is part of the same word used in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

God proposed that this giving of Himself would be for their deliverance, according to His Will or the Will of God !

Now the giving of Himself did accomplish the Fathers Purpose or Will, and to deny it is simply Anti Christ ! If one person whom the Father wanted to be delivered is not by the work of Christ giving of Himself, then God's intention was thwarted !

beloved57
December 2nd, 2012, 12:59 AM

Faith always takes God at His Word,His Word of Promise ! Now what is the Word of Promise here as to whom Jesus Christ shall save ? Its limited to His People, and not the whole World without exception !

To teach that Salvation is conditioned upon man and not solely upon the Word of Promise, then we become false teachers !

Now who are they ? His People, It is all sinners that He was made a curse for Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

For these are they that He bore the penalty of God's broken Law, His People, The Chosen Seed of Abraham !

beloved57
December 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Isa 53:8

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

This verse among others is a solemn testimony of limited or particular atonement, stating who it was Christ died for specifically, and that He died only for a chosen people ! This is also confirmed in Matt 1:21

The bible has not ever at anytime taught that Christ died for everyone in the World without exception, that is a product of false teaching instigated by the devil ! Also Isa 53:5 still refers to Vs 8 which reads:

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

So does Vs 6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And so Paul preached a Gospel pointing out that Christ died for our sins, according to the scripture. What scripture ? Why for one Isa 53:8. God's People or Christ's People. Paul was encouraged to stay in Corinth and preach the Word, Why ? Acts 18:9-10

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Yes, the Gospel that Paul preached was that Christ died for a specific people, and to preach otherwise results in the Apostle's denunciation of Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Anyone preaching that Christ died for everyone without exception falls under this category of preaching another Gospel. But what about the many scriptures that use the word world ? Thats is no contradiction because the word world does describe any aggregation of Particulars !

Or any gathering of particulars into a whole Like Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Yes, that Gathering together is a Whole World. The Children of God are gathered together, What Children of God ? These Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

All the Children of Promise is the World Jesus came to save and died for !

beloved57
July 7th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Now who shall see His Seed ? Why it is the one whose Soul is being made an offering for sin, which is Christ 2 Cor 5:21, and as reward or outcome unto Him,He shall see His Seed !

John Gill says of seeing His Seed this:

or, "a seed"; a spiritual seed and offspring; a large number of souls, that shall be born again, of incorruptible seed, as the fruit of his sufferings and death; see ( John 12:24 ) , this he presently began to see after his resurrection from the dead, and ascension to heaven; when great numbers were converted among the Jews, and after that multitudes in the Gentile world, and more or less in all ages; ever since has he had a seed to serve him; and so he will in the latter day, and to the end of time:

God has showed Him that He shall as a reward for making His Soul an Offering for sin, that He will have a Numerous Offspring [Spiritual]

This Seed will serve Him Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Remember when Jesus made the comment here in Jn 12:26,24

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Thats His Seed ! They shall serve and follow Him because He have His Soul and Offering for sin, theirs. Its also them here in Vs 24 of the same

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The fruit brought forth as the result of His death is the same as the Seed He saw here Isa 53:10 !

steko
July 7th, 2014, 06:19 PM
The context of 'His people' in Mat 1:21 is the literal descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Mat_2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

beloved57
July 7th, 2014, 07:36 PM
The context of 'His people' in Mat 1:21 is the literal descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Mat_2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

No it's not the physical descendants of Abraham, Rom 9:6-8 you are a false witness !

Posted from the TOL App!

steko
July 7th, 2014, 08:25 PM
No it's not the physical descendants of Abraham, Rom 9:6-8 you are a false witness !

Posted from the TOL App!

You've got the context wrong again.

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The context is Israel of the flesh, the blood kinsmen of Paul, who received the law and the promises, who are descendants of the fathers, from whose flesh Christ came.

But, then he says that not all Israelites of the flesh are children of GOD, but only those of Israel of the flesh who believe the promises.
Yet, those who are of Israel and believe are still descended by blood from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

He doesn't speak of the Gentile believers until this verse:

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Before this he is strictly speaking of literal Israel of the flesh and simply makes a distinction between believing Israelites and non-believing Israelites. Gentile believers are not Israelites.

Tambora
July 7th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The context is Israel of the flesh, the blood kinsmen of Paul, who received the law and the promises, who are descendants of the fathers, from whose flesh Christ came.

But, then he says that not all Israelites of the flesh are children of GOD, but only those of Israel of the flesh who believe the promises.
Yet, those who are of Israel and believe are still descended by blood from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Before this he is strictly speaking of literal Israel of the flesh and simply makes a distinction between believing Israelites and non-believing Israelites. Gentile believers are not Israelites.
Yeppers.
Well said.

beloved57
July 8th, 2014, 01:19 AM

You are trusting in the flesh ! :-)

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57
July 8th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Now to help understand this Seed of His, lets look at Ps 89:1-4

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Here we have David as a Type of Christ, and God in Covenant with Him [Christ] by that we mean the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

And one of the promises to Christ, for having had His Soul made an offering for sin Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

One of the Promises are, in regards to the Seed He sees, That His seed shall be Established forever ! And of course that is one of the things He see's when it is written of a consequential reward for His giving His Soul an Offering for sin in the Covenantal agreement of the Everlasting Covenant.

That His Seed, or Offspring should be established forever. The word establish kuwn means:

I.to be firm, be stable, be established
A.
(Niphal)
i.
to be set up, be established, be fixed
a.
to be firmly established

b.
to be established, be stable, be secure, be enduring

c.
to be fixed, be securely determined

ii.
to be directed aright, be fixed aright, be steadfast (moral sense)

Thats why Paul could tell True believers this Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

That word stablish stērizō means:

I.
to make stable, place firmly, set fast, fix

II.
to strengthen, make firm

III.
to render constant, confirm, one's mind

The Roman Believers had an interest in being the Seed of David, Paul at the out set indicates the same Rom 1:1-3

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Paul told Timothy a Gentile Pastor this 2 Tim 2:8

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

History has it that Timothy's Father was a Greek man, though his Mother and Grand Mother were jews !

Timothy being a Gentile had not been circumcised Acts 16:1-3 !

Nevertheless, Timothy and all Gentile Believers as well as jewish believers were of that Seed of David to be Established, more scriptures to that effect 2 Thess 3:3

3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

This God's Faithfulness looks back to Ps 89:1-4

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

All True Believers regardless of ethnicity are of the Seed of David, as well as the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29 !

The Believer being established is due to God's Faithfulness to David, which is Christ Ps 89:4 !

This is what Christ sees of His Seed Isa 53:10

chair
July 8th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Come on, you know perfectly well that "his people" were the Jews of his time. Christianity was a Jewish cult at first, certainly in the time of Jesus.

You can pretend all you want that you are the new "true Jews" (TM), but even you know that is nonsense.

beloved57
July 8th, 2014, 09:12 AM
chair

Come on, you know perfectly well that "his people" were the Jews of his time.

I know thats a lie and you trust in the flesh, furthermore please review with me posts 23 and 29 and explain the points I have made so I know you understand them, though you may not agree with them !

beloved57
July 14th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Folks, the Christ of the scripture saves His People from their sins, as such a Saviour, He gives them He saves repentance, He turns them to God, whom they had foresaken Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Its the Saviors Job to turn them back to God. Peter wrote of the effects of Christ's death 1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins [died for our sins], the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Jeremiah wrote of this repentance Jer 31:18-19

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

Jesus blesses His People that He died for by turning them from their iniquties as stated here Acts 3:26

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

So He was raised and Exalted to give repentance to Israel, His Elect Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

This is in accordance with God's Promise Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The Repentance that Christ gives is unto Salvation ! 2 Cor 7:10

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Thats what Jeremiah means Jer 31:18-19

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

If Jesus is Our Saviour, then He must have given us Repentance, that actually turns us or returns us back to God !

If that doesn't happen, then He was not your Saviour !

Grosnick Marowbe
July 14th, 2014, 05:48 PM
chair

I know thats a lie and you trust in the flesh, furthermore please review with me posts 23 and 29 and explain the points I have made so I know you understand them, though you may not agree with them !

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John---Who were they written/referring to?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 14th, 2014, 05:50 PM
B57, there is NO Elect chosen before the foundation of the world! That's
just YOUR misinterpretation!

beloved57
July 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John---Who were they written/referring to?

Review post 32 details with me ! See if you understood them and we will discuss them !

Jerry Shugart
July 14th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Why, it is none other than those scripture that scripture declares that He died for their sins 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Therefore the OUR SINS here are the His People of Matt 1:21 ! Who can deny that ?

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.2:9).

beloved57
July 14th, 2014, 07:39 PM
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.2:9).

That's Israel the Elect !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57
July 20th, 2014, 03:11 PM

His People are the same ones that constitute His Church. For instance the word people, the greek word laos :

I.
a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of the same stock and language

II.
of a great part of the population gathered together anywhere

And the word Church ekklēsia means:

I.a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
A.
an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating

B.
the assembly of the Israelites

C.
any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously

D.
in a Christian sense

For He and His People, His Church are One Eph 5:30-32

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The Church or His Church,comprised of both jew and gentile, Paul says that they are members of His Body, of His flesh, and of His Bones !

Notice the word flesh Vs 30, remember in Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And so when He came to earth, He came to identify with His People the Church, The Seed of Abraham, He came specifically to make propitiation for their sins Vs 17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The brethren here has nothing to do with ethnicity, it has to do with Him being the Firstborn of them as in Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It has to do with them being sanctified by Him, Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

All them He sanctified are His Brethren, People. Now did He not sanctify His Church ? Eph 5:25-26

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it [The Church] with the washing of water by the word,

Nanja
July 22nd, 2014, 02:05 PM

His People are the same ones that constitute His Church. For instance the word people, the greek word laos :

I.

II.
of a great part of the population gathered together anywhere

And the word Church ekklēsia means:

I.a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
A.
an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating

B.

C.

D.
in a Christian sense

For He and His People, His Church are One Eph 5:30-32

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The Church or His Church,comprised of both jew and gentile, Paul says that they are members of His Body, of His flesh, and of His Bones !

Notice the word flesh Vs 30, remember in Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And so when He came to earth, He came to identify with His People the Church, The Seed of Abraham, He came specifically to make propitiation for their sins Vs 17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The brethren here has nothing to do with ethnicity, it has to do with Him being the Firstborn of them as in Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It has to do with them being sanctified by Him, Heb 2:11

All them He sanctified are His Brethren, People. Now did He not sanctify His Church ? Eph 5:25-26

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it [The Church] with the washing of water by the word,

TY! God's Glorious Truths are so edifying to His People!

When Mat. 1:21 speaks of Christ coming to save His People from their sins,
it applies only to the ones God foreknew before the foundation of the world;
an exclusive people He had chosen Eph. 1:4 and predestinated Eph. 1:5,11
to be conformed to the Image of His Son: They are the "world" of John 3:16;
the "world" which Christ gives Spiritual Life to. And also, these were already
sanctified, set apart and cleansed in God's Purpose, even before they were
conceived in the womb and physically born: Just as God intimately knew
Jeremiah before he was born Jer. 1:5, likewise He knows each one He has
chosen in Christ: The only ones He loved and gave His Life for Eph. 5:25-26.

~~~~~

beloved57
July 22nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
nanja

also, these were already
sanctified, set apart and cleansed in God's Purpose, even before they were
conceived in the womb and physically born: Just as God intimately knew
Jeremiah before he was born Jer. 1:5, likewise He knows each one He has
chosen in Christ: The only ones He loved and gave His Life for Eph. 5:25-26.

Yes, we were set apart in the purpose of God before the foundation.

I am sure you know about the thread I made on Eternal Sanctification ?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75513

Nanja
July 22nd, 2014, 03:17 PM
nanja
Yes, we were set apart in the purpose of God before the foundation.

I am sure you know about the thread I made on Eternal Sanctification ?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75513

Yep, I'm about half way through it! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57
July 22nd, 2014, 03:20 PM
Yep, I'm about half way through it! ☺

~~~~~

May the Lord bless you !

Nanja
July 22nd, 2014, 03:23 PM
May the Lord bless you !

May He continue to bless you, too!

~~~~~

beloved57
July 22nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
May He continue to bless you, too!

~~~~~

He will, and you also. 1 Jn 5:14-15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Nanja
July 22nd, 2014, 06:05 PM
He will, and you also. 1 Jn 5:14-15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

So true! And we walk perfectly according to His Will and Purpose by His Grace!
He provides all our needs, physical and spiritual, and assures us that His Perfect Will
is being accomplished in our lives all the time. Our delight is continually in Him
and we desire nothing less than His Perfect Will for us!

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

~~~~~

beloved57
July 22nd, 2014, 06:17 PM
nanja

And we walk perfectly according to His Will and Purpose by His Grace!

Amen, as does all the Seed of Abraham by Faith Gen 17:1-5,7

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

beloved57
September 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM

Have you thought about what this phrase means " he shall see his seed" and this in the context of having made His Soul an offering for sin, which would include His sufferings thereunto Lk 24:26

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Acts 17:3

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Heb 5:8

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

1 Pet 2:21

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Pet 4:1

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

But afterwards He shall see His Seed ; This means He will see them Born Again[and come to God] as a Result of His Suffering / death !

Its comparative to a women who suffers in the flesh with childbearing pains, but afterwards as we read Jn 16:21

21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

Thats what is meant here Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The Joy is that He shall see His Seed Born and Converted to God, the same here as well Lk 15:7

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Thats Christ seeing His Seed converted with repentance toward God because of His Suffering !

Just as with the women, His sufferings paid off because of the birth of a son, but with Him its the birth of many sons, when her son is born, she joys in seeing her seed, remember the words of Eve, the Mother of the Living when she said at the birth of seth Gen 4:25

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

So Jesus sees the births of His sons, His seed, which speaks of the New Birth 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

beloved57
September 22nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

In order for Christ to be our Saviour, He must fisrt of all have been Our Head, and so in order for Him to be the Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

For this to be True, He would have to be Head of Israel Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

beloved57
September 25th, 2014, 11:21 PM

It could not be stated any clearer or plainer in this verse informing us whom Christ came to and shall save from their sins , by His Redeeming and Saving Death, its the World of His People !

Realize His People are particulars and the word world means , the greek word kosmos :

VIII.any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

The word aggregate means:

formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: assemblage of particulars

A assemblage :

a number of things or persons assembled together; collection; assembly

Now what is Christ's Church ? Its the word ekklēsia and means:

I.
a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
A.

B.

C.

D.
in a Christian sense
i.
an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting

ii.
a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake

iii.
those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body

iv.
the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth

v.
the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven

This enlightens us on How the Church is the World that Christ Loved Eph 5:25

Understand, the Church is the World of His People Matt 1:21 that He shall save from their sins.

Now, His People in Matt 1:21, are they ethnic jews ? Absolutely NOT ! His People are clearly defined here as those He foreknew Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Thats an clarification of who His People are that we would be wise not to overlook !

Now this word foreknow is the greek proginōskō made up of Two Gk words , the prep pro meaning:

I.before, and the greek word ginōskō and means:

I.
to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
A.
to become known

II.
to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
A.
to understand

B.
to know

III.
Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman

IV.
to become acquainted with, to know

Its an knowing of intimacy and affection as it is when He says He knows His Sheep Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Loved them because He laid down His Life for them Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

In its simplest definition foreknow means to know beforehand !

beloved57
September 26th, 2014, 06:37 AM
In its simplest definition foreknow means to know beforehand !

Now we know that all men without exception are not those which belong to those He knew beforehand, simply because He shall shall say to many in that Day of Judgment this Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So how could they be of these Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The same word for knew is used here as in Matt 7:23, its the word ginōskō.

Now if Jesus says He NEVER [NOT AT ANY TIME] KNEW THEM then its obvious they could not have been any He came to save Matt 1:21 !

Neither were all ethnic jews of His Foreknown People, His People which is obvious from Rom 11:2 and also from Jn 10:14 where it is written Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know[ginōskō] my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus knew His Sheep, but yet speaking to ethnic jews of national israel here, He emphatically stattes to unbelieving ethnic jews Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep[That He foreknew Vs 14], as I said unto you.

Which stands to reason they are of those Jesus spake of here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you[as My Sheep Vs 14 and those I foreknew Rom 11:2]: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore they could not have been His People that He was promised to save Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people[He foreknew Rom 11:2] from their sins.

To foreknow simply means that He knew them beforehand as His Sheep or People Ps 100:3

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

It has nothing to do with ethnicity, the flesh profits nothing, it had nothing to do with His Omniscience, for in that sense He knows everyone even those That He never foreknew !

beloved57
October 3rd, 2014, 10:36 PM

Its not a doubt that Jesus here shall save His People from their sins ! In doing He does the following Ezk 36:24-29

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

He finds His People like this, dead in sin Ezk 16:6,8-9

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

This is basically what Paul writes in the New Testament Eph 2:4-5

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Titus 3:5-6

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

beloved57
October 4th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Matt 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

This Call is part of His Saving His People from their sins. One of the features of How Christ saves a sinner is Calling them to repentance, which Call is not Just a call but the call effects or produces Repentance. Now this is something religionist will not understand or acknowledge, However Jesus actually Calls sinners into repentance. Remember Paul on the Damascus Road, Christ called him, this calling of Paul then produced in him a change of mind Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Read the account in Acts 9:1-6 and see how at Paul's call by Christ, that he was given a change of mind about Christ !

The textus receptus translates Matt 9:13

πορευθέντες δὲ μάθετε τί ἐστιν Ἕλεον θέλω καὶ οὐ θυσίαν οὐ γὰρ ἦλθον καλέσαι δικαίους ἀλλ᾽ ἁμαρτωλοὺς εἰς μετάνοιαν

Now Christ is saying, that He did not come to call the Righteous, but rather He did come to call sinners to repentance, or a change of Mind, thats what repentance is. Now the word to eis is a prep that means:

I.into, unto, to, towards, for, among

And its primary is "entrance into " as entering into a place ! Jesus calls sinners, sinners that He calls, into repentance, for He as their Saviour gives it to them at the same time Acts 5:31; 11:18

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Understand, the giving or granting of repentance actually produces repentance, it results in repentance !

Religionists believe that Jesus merely gives all men a chance to repent, or that His call merely provides an opportunity to repent only if we would take heed and comply with the call, but that is not Christ calling or giving repentance. As their Sheperd He goes out and finds each Lost Sheep and gives it a change of mind or repentance, again lets look at Lk 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Notice the culminating result of the activity of the Sheperd, He finds the Lost sinner sheep, puts it on His shoulders, because He found His Lost sinner sheep, and Vs 7 expalins that it was this success of the Shepherd finding the lost sinner sheep that it can be said " one sinner that repenteth "

By the activity of the Shepehrd the sinner sheep was called into repentance. Jesus alludes to this also in Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Thats the calling and giving a sinner to repentance ! The same word call in Matt 9:13 kaleō is the same exact word John uses in Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

The Leading them out is the giving them repentance !

beloved57
February 16th, 2015, 06:13 AM

If you believe in this Jesus, then you must believe that He came to save only One People from their sins, His People !

Here is His People Ps 148:14

He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

Thats His People, the Children of Israel, no others are His People, none other are a People near unto Him !

None other has the Promise to be saved in the Lord with an Everlasting Salvation Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And Matt 1:21 answers and corresponds to that Promise !

The question is, just who is this Israel ? Or that Children of Israel of Ps 148:14 ?

Now many in mans religion believe that Israel here, His People, are the ethnic jews, but thats not who is meant by Israel. The Israel here is also called Saints Ps 148:14

He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

Thats the Children of Israel which is being spoken of, the Saints !

That israel which is comprised of mere the physical descendants of Abraham, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

They are not His People, nor His Saints, nor near to Him !

No the Children of Israel that is spoken of are the Saints Chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the World ! Paul writes to them Eph 1:1,4

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The word Chosen is in the aorist middle, which means He chose them for Himself, so they are near to Him !

They are His Inheritance the Saints Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And instead of this Children of Israel being the natural physical descendants of Abraham, its a Spiritual People Chosen out of every Kindred, Tongue and Nation, redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb Lk 1:68

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Deut 33:29

29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

oatmeal
February 16th, 2015, 06:37 AM

Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

notice vs

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

God, having foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe.

God, being wise, chooses those who will choose to believe to be His people

It is that simple.

Too simple for people to lazy and irresponsible to choose to believe.

Yes, this is absolutely relevant

beloved57
February 16th, 2015, 07:04 AM
oatmeal

God, having foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe.

Did you understand that post ? Please review back to me the points I made !

Titus211
February 16th, 2015, 07:21 AM
The grace of God which brings salvation has appeared to ALL people.

oatmeal
February 16th, 2015, 07:36 AM
oatmeal

Did you understand that post ? Please review back to me the points I made !

I wrote it, do you understand it?

beloved57
February 16th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I wrote it, do you understand it?

When are you going to do as i asked ?

beloved57
February 16th, 2015, 07:40 AM
The grace of God which brings salvation has appeared to ALL people.

You dont believe that verse or understand it. Anyone can quote it !

oatmeal
February 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM
When are you going to do as i asked ?

You know what you wrote, if you don't know what you wrote, well, that's pitiful

beloved57
February 16th, 2015, 08:22 AM
You know what you wrote, if you don't know what you wrote, well, that's pitiful

So then that means no, right ?

beloved57
February 17th, 2015, 03:35 PM

Thats the promise of scripture pertaining to the Jesus of scripture. Now the religious world, who knows not God or this Jesus Christ whom He has sent Jn 17:3, they do not believe this promise, for they deceitfully tell us, that those He came to save, that their Saving was only made possible, and that its not a sure thing as the word SHALL would have us to believe !

That word Shall means Indeed ! It also puts the word save in the future indicative, which means:

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood.

That He shall save His People from their sins is a Fact ! See Christ came to and did provide them [His People] with complete deliverance from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

He delivered them from their condemnation from sin incurred Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

He saved them from this present evil world, all according to the will of God Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

beloved57
February 17th, 2015, 03:47 PM
This means deliverance from the satanic system that governs this world, even its religions, for remember Paul of believers that they once Eph 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

But Glory to God, Christ saves His People out of that sinful worldly walk or course.

The word deliver in Gal 1:4 is the greek word exaireō and means:

I.to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out

II.to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

III.to rescue, deliver

Even the idea of Election is present, To select one or some from the many ! To rescue, to cause to be rescued Acts 7:34

34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

Those Christ gave Himself for, they are rescued, delivered, plucked out of this evil world, which is what was Promised in Matt 1:21 !

beloved57
February 18th, 2015, 06:46 AM

Now who are the " HIS PEOPLE " in this text, that its promised to and of them, That JESUS Shall Save them from their sins ?

Now multitudes of deceived humanity would have us believe that these refer to ethni jews of national israel, that is Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but that is a lie, for theyare not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They[national israel of Rom 9:6] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The israel comprised of the physical descendants of Abraham over in the middle east are no more the Children of God as the Africans in Nigeria are, or the Orientals or Indians, or the Russians, In fact none can claim to be His People based upon the flesh/ethnicity, for that would be God showing respect of Persons, but they are His People by being His Possessions, He has been given them as His Own Possession.

Remember when Jesus said of His Other Sheep this Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word have here is very enlightening, its the greek word echó:

I have, hold, possess. to have as belonging to one; have as property; own:

They are His Inheritance, look at Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

This Promise is linked to the Resurrection of Christ, Vs 7 indicates that by the words " Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

Cp Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Those Heathen are given to Him as His Inheritance, His People, They are the same He says of in Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Yes these given in Jn 6:37 are those given from Ps 2:8, and these heathen are more than less describing men by nature, all the Sheep are by nature enemies and foes, even barbarians, strangers to the True God and His True Religion and Worship, and it can apply to both jew and Gentile by nature !

John Gill writes of Ps 2:8

Ask of me,.... Jehovah is either here again introduced speaking, or these words are a continuation of the Son's account of what his Father said unto him; which do not suppose any superiority in the one, or inferiority in the other; but are only expressive of the Father's great respect and affection for his Son, as such a way of speaking among men shows, Esther 5:3; and of the great interest the Son had in his Father, who could ask nothing but he had it; and shows the perfect harmony, agreement, and unity between them: see 1 Kings 3:5; Christ, in the council and covenant of grace and peace, asked many things of his Father, which were granted; he asked for the persons of all the elect to be his bride and spouse, and his heart's desire was given him, and the request of his lips was not withheld from him: he asked for all the blessings of grace for them; for spiritual life here, and eternal life hereafter; and all were given him, and put into his hands for them, Psalm 20:2; and here it is promised him,

and I shall give thee the Heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession; by "the Heathen", and "the uttermost parts of the earth", are meant God's elect among the Gentiles, and who live in the distant parts of the world; which are Christ's other sheep, the Father has given to him as his portion, and whom he has made his care and charge: as if it was not enough that he should be King of Zion, or have the government over his chosen ones among the Jews, he commits into his hands the Gentiles also; see Isaiah 49:6; and these are given him as his inheritance and possession, as his portion, to be enjoyed by him; and who esteems them as such, and reckons them a goodly heritage, and a peculiar treasure, his jewels, and the apple of his eye. These words respect the calling of the Gentiles under the Gospel dispensation; and the amplitude of Christ's kingdom in all the earth, which shall be from sea to sea, and from the rivers to the ends of the earth.

Thats why His People in Matt 1:21 does include Gentiles, Gentiles Given Him as His Possession according to Ps 2:8 and Jn 10:16 !

beloved57
February 28th, 2015, 04:49 PM

This His Seed is a Seed that Belongs to Christ, Yes Christ has a Seed or offspring, descendants, children and they are those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4; They were given to Him as a Spiritual Seed, just as they were given to adam as a physical, natural seed; and they were Christ's Seed prior to being Adam's, for Christ has the preeminence in all things Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Now as His Seed, they shall have the Spirit poured out upon them as the fulfillment of this Promise Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This is why Christ at His Resurrection and Ascension to the Right Hand of God, He was given the Spirit of Promise to pour upon His Spiritual Offspring that He died for Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Paul realizes this here Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

That word shed also means to pour ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

Thats what Isa 44:3 foretold

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This Pouring of the Spirit on them also saves them Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

So in order for Matt 1:21 to be complete, to save His People from their sins, this aspect of must also some to pass, the Regenerating Operations of the Spirit must also save them through the Work of Christ ! He saves His People, Seed from their sins !

beloved57
March 1st, 2015, 02:20 AM

Again, who are His People that its Promised He shall save from their sins ? Many ignorantly think it to be the jews, the physical seed of Abraham, yet that is a delusion, however they are His Portion:

Deut 32:9

For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Thats who Jesus People are, His Portion, His Inheritance !

hence portion, i.e. (acquired) possession:

David writes of these here Ps 2:7-8

They are the Church Redeemed Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar is the greek word periousios:

costly, treasured, select, specially chosen.

of one's own possession

that which is one's own, belongs to one's possessions,

a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession, Titus 2:14

Thats the same as Deut 32:9 ! Its the Church ! Thats the " His People He shall save from their sins " or Redeem from all iniquity Titus 2:14, thats the same thing !

Nanja
March 1st, 2015, 08:33 AM
Matt 1:21 #1

notice vs

I was led to start right at the beginning of this thread and continue to the end until finished.
I found that this excellent post #1 contains answers to many questions that forum members
have on this issue, about who it is that Christ came to save and why: It shows, according
to the Scriptures, why Christ certainly did not come to save the devils children, the tares!

The Lord Bless You! ☺

~~~~~

OCTOBER23
March 1st, 2015, 08:40 AM
WHERE ARE HIS PEOPLE ?

beloved57
March 1st, 2015, 09:07 AM
I was led to start right at the beginning of this thread and continue to the end until finished.
I found that this excellent post #1 contains answers to many questions that forum members
have on this issue, about who it is that Christ came to save and why: It shows, according
to the Scriptures, why Christ certainly did not come to save the devils children, the tares!

The Lord Bless You! ☺

~~~~~

May the Lord continue His steadfast love to you!

Nanja
March 1st, 2015, 02:15 PM
May the Lord continue His steadfast love to you!

Awesome words, TY!
He loves us so much, b!

~~~~~

beloved57
March 2nd, 2015, 02:27 AM
WHERE ARE HIS PEOPLE ?

He knows that!

beloved57
March 2nd, 2015, 07:34 AM
Within the Promise that Jesus shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

That word from the prep apo means:

from, away from.

of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed;

Christ shall and did save His People from all the penal consequences of their sins. This would include but not limited to spiritual death, which is a consequence of their sins !

God warned Man in Adam that in the day that he ate from the forbidden Tree, that he would surely die Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This brought about also spiritual death to God, whereby all men as a consequence of sin are born alienated from the Life of God, thats death , spiritual seperation from God Eph 4:18; Col 1:21, and so for Jesus to be faithful to what it is stated He shall do for His People in saving them from their sins, He must save them from all the negative consequences of their sin/sins which includes spiritual death, they must be made alive by Him 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That word quickening the verb ζῳοποιέω:

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

So its translated appropriately

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.ASV

He causes them that were spiritually dead to God, to live to God, hence reversing the dreadful consequences of their sins, spiritual death ! If that does not occur for each and everyone Christ died for, then we may conclude that Matt 1:21 is a False Testimony to what Christ shall do !

Nanja
March 4th, 2015, 08:52 AM
The Angel announced clearly what the Purpose was that occasion Christ to be born into this world as a Saviour. Matt 1:21

Lk 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

That was His work that He came to do. to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Jn 6:39-40

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now in anticipation of His Finished work, that is to seek and to save that which was Lost, Jesus states Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work that The Father gave Him to do ? Well read again Matt 1:21; Lk 2:11; Lk 19:10; Jn 6:39-40

It was to save all the Father had given Him to save, to seek and to save that which was Lost.

Christ said, I have finished that work Jn 17:4

He states it again here Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What was finished ? He saved by His work of the Cross all whom the Father willed to be saved ! All that He came to seek and to save that were Lost, He sought them, found them, and Saved them, It is finished..

Now if there is one soul that the Father desired to be saved that was Lost, not saved, then Christ did not finish the Work the Father gave Him to do, and He lied when He said His work was finished.

Amen, excellent post!

So then, all those who insist that Christ died for all of mankind,
but that not all of mankind will be saved, because they say some have
rejected Christ of their own freewill, they are calling Christ a liar.

For He said His Work was finished John 17:4.

The Father's will is that ALL He had given to the Son John 6:39; Eph, 1:4,
that the Son would not lose them, but He would seek and save them Luke 19:10.

The same ALL is spoken of in:

1 Tim. 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Christ successfully accomplished the Work that The Father gave Him to do,
according to His Perfect Will John 6:39-40; John 19:30.

~~~~~

oatmeal
March 4th, 2015, 08:58 AM
What God had Jesus do to save his people was sufficient to save any and all who choose to believe.

God called, some answered.

God, wisely using his foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe God. He chose them, He marked them out beforehand for himself, KJV English, is predestinated, a poor choice.

I do not have that list of people that God chose.

But God does. He wants that all men be saved, I Timothy 2:4, but not all men will choose Him. He already knows that.

beloved57
March 4th, 2015, 01:05 PM
What God had Jesus do to save his people was sufficient to save any and all who choose to believe.

God called, some answered.

God, wisely using his foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe God. He chose them, He marked them out beforehand for himself, KJV English, is predestinated, a poor choice.

I do not have that list of people that God chose.

But God does. He wants that all men be saved, I Timothy 2:4, but not all men will choose Him. He already knows that.

Invalid comments and evasive from the points made in the post !

beloved57
March 4th, 2015, 01:07 PM
nanja

So then, all those who insist that Christ died for all of mankind,
but that not all of mankind will be saved, because they say some have
rejected Christ of their own freewill, they are calling Christ a liar.

Yes, and they are calling Christ a Failure. You see, the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4, its Christ's responsibility to seek them and to save them Lk 19:10 !

Nanja
March 4th, 2015, 03:53 PM
nanja

Yes, and they are calling Christ a Failure. You see, the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4, its Christ's responsibility to seek them and to save them Lk 19:10 !

Yes, they are calling Christ a Failure, too!

beloved57

You see, the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4, its Christ's responsibility to seek them and to save them Lk 19:10 !

Yes, I understand, they are the same "all" given to Christ by The Father.

Nanja

The Father's will is that all He had given to the Son John 6:39; Eph, 1:4,
that the Son would not lose them, but He would seek and save them Luke 19:10.

The same all is spoken of in:

1 Tim. 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Christ successfully accomplished the Work that The Father gave Him to do,
according to His Perfect Will John 6:39-40; John 19:30.

~~~~~

beloved57
March 4th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Yes, they are calling Christ a Failure, too!

beloved57

Yes, I understand, they are the same "all" given to Christ by The Father.

Nanja

~~~~~

Blessings!

Nanja
March 4th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Blessings!

Backatcha! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57
March 5th, 2015, 08:06 AM

Ps 111:9

He sent redemption/liberation unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

The same is stated of the NT Church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem/liberate us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people of His Own Possession, zealous of good works.

Which again speaks of the Church that He gave Himself for Eph 5:25

God sends redemption unto His People the Church foundationed upon the Everlasting Covenant confirmed in Christ its Surety, so His People are redeemed by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20, known also as the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many[My People] for the remission of sins.

beloved57
March 9th, 2015, 11:23 PM

Did you not know, Jesus could not have saved His People from their sins or successfully seek and save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

BTW the objects to Save in Matt 1:21 and here in Lk 19:10 are the exact same ones,

Yet He could not have savedd them if He was not the One that applied Salvation to their Lost case !

The Saviour, in order to be a legitiment Saviour must effect the Application of Salvation !

So when we read in Titus 3:5-6 of those being saved :

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us[applied Salvation], by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

How ? Vs 6

The application is the shedding on abundantly of the renewing of the Holy Ghost through Jesus Christ Our Saviour !

The Saviour through the Work of the Spirit actually does put into effect or action our Salvation, and without this, He would not be True to the Promise that He shall save His People from their sins ! The Saviour must be given the Credit for the ones He is to save experimental , practical Salvation !

beloved57
March 10th, 2015, 01:15 AM
The application of Salvation/ Redemption by Christ unto His People Matt 1:21 is seen right here Titus 2:11,14,3:4-6

11 For the grace of God that bringeth[applying] salvation hath appeared to all men,

That word purify is an application work effected. Its the greek verb:

katharizō =
i.to free from defilement of sin and from faults

ii.to purify from wickedness

iii.to free from guilt of sin, to purify

iv.to consecrate by cleansing or purifying

v.to consecrate, dedicate

Unto Good Works !

Titus 3:4-6

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

The words "he saved us" is application of Salvation ! The Work of the Holy Ghost renewing us is part of Christ's Applying His Salvaion unto us ! Without this application He falls short of being a Saviour from sin as promised Matt 1:21 !

oatmeal
March 10th, 2015, 02:59 AM
beloved 57,

are you feeling left out?

beloved57
March 10th, 2015, 05:34 AM
beloved 57,

are you feeling left out?

Posts 81-82 did you understand them ? Please explain them back to me !

beloved57
March 10th, 2015, 07:10 AM
The emphasis has been on how for Christ to be a legitimate Saviour in doing just what it was foretold He would do, Save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, to seek successfully and to save successfully that which was Lost Lk 19:10, then He would actually effect, apply His Saving Work upon them, even in them !

Here are a few scriptures that indicate just that, Titus 3:4-6

1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This describes application Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats Application work being described !

Jer 32:39

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

When God says that He will do something to us, and it results in us doing something good unto Him, then thats describing application work !

Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The words " I will put " describes God's act of Application ! This The Lord Jesus Christ does unto each Vessel of Mercy He died for and becoming their Saviour !

Nanja
March 10th, 2015, 03:52 PM
The emphasis has been on how for Christ to be a legitimate Saviour in doing just what it was foretold He would do, Save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, to seek successfully and to save successfully that which was Lost Lk 19:10, then He would actually effect, apply His Saving Work upon them, even in them !

Here are a few scriptures that indicate just that, Titus 3:4-6

1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This describes application Ezk 36:26-27

Thats Application work being described !

Jer 32:39

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

When God says that He will do something to us, and it results in us doing something good unto Him, then thats describing application work !

Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The words " I will put " describes God's act of Application ! This The Lord Jesus Christ does unto each Vessel of Mercy He died for and becoming their Saviour !

Amen to all three parts, which illustrate perfectly how that
it is the Application Work of our Lord Jesus Christ alone,
which effects and assures the Salvation of each one of
His People Mat. 1:21 that He gave His Life for.

The Saviour through the Work of the Spirit actually does put into effect or action our Salvation, and without this, He would not be True to the Promise that He shall save His People from their sins ! The Saviour must be given the Credit for the ones He is to save experimental , practical Salvation !

Titus 3:5-7 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to
the hope of eternal life.

~~~~~

beloved57
March 10th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Amen to all three parts, which illustrate perfectly how that
it is the Application Work of our Lord Jesus Christ alone,
which effects and assures the Salvation of each one of
His People Mat. 1:21 that He gave His Life for.

Titus 3:5-7 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to
the hope of eternal life.

~~~~~
Bless you!

Nanja
March 10th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Bless you!

The Lord bless you, too! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57
March 10th, 2015, 05:14 PM
The Lord bless you, too! ☺

~~~~~

Amen Thanks!

beloved57
March 11th, 2015, 10:59 PM
His People are those He did Federally represent, which also because of it, their sins were legally charged to Him, and this is most indicated here Heb 2:16-17

Because He was the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16, it was appropriate that the Seed of Abraham sins was charged upon Him, for He represented that People, and all who become Believers and belong to Him, are the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise !

Nanja
March 25th, 2015, 05:06 PM

This His Seed is a Seed that Belongs to Christ, Yes Christ has a Seed or offspring, descendants, children and they are those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4; They were given to Him as a Spiritual Seed, just as they were given to adam as a physical, natural seed; and they were Christ's Seed prior to being Adam's, for Christ has the preeminence in all things Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Now as His Seed, they shall have the Spirit poured out upon them as the fulfillment of this Promise Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

This is why Christ at His Resurrection and Ascension to the Right Hand of God, He was given the Spirit of Promise to pour upon His Spiritual Offspring that He died for Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Paul realizes this here Titus 3:5-6

That word shed also means to pour ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

Thats what Isa 44:3 foretold

This Pouring of the Spirit on them also saves them Titus 3:5-6

So in order for Matt 1:21 to be complete, to save His People from their sins, this aspect of must also some to pass, the Regenerating Operations of the Spirit must also save them through the Work of Christ ! He saves His People, Seed from their sins !

While the forum was down today, I noticed that I had saved a portion of this
thread on my hard drive. One that I had not yet studied was this one, post #65.

I found it to be a most God-Glorifying, edifying and instructive post.

So I prayed that Fathers's Abundant Blessings be upon you!

Thank You, Brother! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57
March 25th, 2015, 05:22 PM
While the forum was down today, I noticed that I had saved a portion of this
thread on my hard drive. One that I had not yet studied was this one, post #65.

I found it to be a most God-Glorifying, edifying and instructive post.

So I prayed that Fathers's Abundant Blessings be upon you!

Thank You, Brother! ☺

~~~~~
Praise Him!

beloved57
April 1st, 2015, 12:27 PM
Whom Christ came to save was based upon a promise, for it is written:

It was promised in the OT Scriptures Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Paul under inspiration preached that Jesus was according to PROMISE raised a Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

The Jesus of the scriptures did not come to save, or offer salvation to everyone in the world, as it is falsely reported, but it was only for those given Him by the Father or those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

The Us here is Israel to whom the Promise is made Isa 45:17

Also is the His People of Matt 1:21

His People, or Israel that He came to save is not israel the physical descendants of Abraham, for they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8, However its the Israel the Spiritual descendants of Abraham and of Christ, men and women of all nationalities which does include some ethnic jews, yet not exclusive to them !

Remember Salvation is according to God's Promise, and Gods Promise is quite specific and particular as to whom shall be saved in the Lord ! Israel !

Nanja
April 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Whom Christ came to save was based upon a promise, for it is written:

It was promised in the OT Scriptures Isa 45:17

Paul under inspiration preached that Jesus was according to PROMISE raised a Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

The Jesus of the scriptures did not come to save, or offer salvation to everyone in the world, as it is falsely reported, but it was only for those given Him by the Father or those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

The Us here is Israel to whom the Promise is made Isa 45:17

Also is the His People of Matt 1:21

His People, or Israel that He came to save is not israel the physical descendants of Abraham, for they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8, However its the Israel the Spiritual descendants of Abraham and of Christ, men and women of all nationalities which does include some ethnic jews, yet not exclusive to them !

Remember Salvation is according to God's Promise, and Gods Promise is quite specific and particular as to whom shall be saved in the Lord ! Israel !

Amen, and the same are the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, all God's Elect:

Mat. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Ps. 135:4KJV For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

~~~~~

beloved57
April 1st, 2015, 02:38 PM
Amen, and the same are the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, all God's Elect:

Mat. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Ps. 135:4KJV For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57
July 8th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Being brought to Faith, or Belief of the Truth, it is part of what Christ does in Saving us from our sins, 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through/in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Salvation here chosen to is specifically stated, its in the Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth ! Its Salvation from Unbelief and believing lies !

You see, the fact of the matter is this, Christ has failed to save us from the consequences of our sins if we dont come to believe the Truth, since unbelief is nothing but a sympton of being in a lost state 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So understand something, if we say Christ died for someone, died for their sins, and then we turn around and say that the one He died to save, dies in their sins and in unbelief Jn 8:24, we are saying, whether we realize it or not, that Christ failed to save them from their sins ! We are calling His whole Saving Campaign to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, a failure, and that's something we will have to answer for in the Day of Judgment unless of course we are granted repentance to the acknowledgement of the Truth before that Day !

beloved57
September 12th, 2015, 03:46 AM

Its everyone combined , rather jew or Gentile, whom as promised here, He shall save from their sins !

beloved57
June 9th, 2017, 01:52 AM
Jesus He shall save His People from their sins !

Now the question is, just who are His People ? Many will say that His People are the ethnic jews, but that is a mistake, for that supposes ethnicity is the basis of their Salvation, which is trusting in the flesh, or confidence in the flesh. Paul wrote concerning trusting in the flesh here which he repented of Phil 3:3-5

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Paul before he was converted based his acceptance with God on ethnicity, it was one of the confidences in the flesh. So those who suppose Jesus will save them as promised in Matt 1:21 based upon their ethnicity, being a jew, they but trust in the flesh.

So who are the His People ?

#1. They are those the Father has Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

His People have an Election Union with Him made by the Father, even before the foundation. 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him[The Father] are ye in[Chosen in] Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

beloved57
June 9th, 2017, 02:22 AM
More on who are His People in Matt 1:21 ?

The Beloved of the Lord Chosen from the beginning !

2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

By the way, these His Chosen People are exclusively Called by the Gospel !

Nanja
June 9th, 2017, 07:31 AM
beloved57

So who are the His People ?

#1. They are those the Father has Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

His People have an Election Union with Him made by the Father, even before the foundation. 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him[The Father] are ye in[Chosen in] Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Amen Brother! And His People, being chosen in Him of the Father, are the same ones which were made Righteous / Justified; being reconciled to God In Christ from Eternity, solely by His Blood Work Rom. 5:9; Is. 53:6; Heb. 7:22; 13:20 on their behalf.

2 Cor. 5:19, 21
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So His People never had any sin imputed to them Rom. 4:6-8.

They are the "us" which were Saved before the World began.

2 Tim. 1:9-10
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

And it's only to God's Election of Grace In Christ, His People, that that the Gospel is a savour of Life unto Life 2 Cor. 2:16!

beloved57
June 11th, 2017, 03:18 AM
More on who are His People in Matt 1:21 (https://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Matt%201.21) ?

His People are His Sheep ! Jn 10:14,26,27

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

But ye believe not, because ye are not ofmy sheep, as I said unto you.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jn 21:16

He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

3Gods Sheep and People are one and the same ! Ps 79:13

So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.

Ps 95:7

For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

Ps 100:3

Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

And no, all ethnic jews of the physical nation of israel were His Sheep, in fact He said this to some ethnic jews of the land of israel Jn 10:26

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57
June 11th, 2017, 05:36 AM
More on who are His People in Matt 1:21 (https://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Matt%201.21) ?

They are all them The Father hath gave or given to Christ !

Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.Of His Sheep Christ said this Jn 10:29

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Those given to Christ by His Father are His People in Matt 1:21

beloved57
June 13th, 2017, 07:33 AM
His People are those God foreknew Rom 11:1-2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Now God doesnt foreknow all without exception because Christ will yet tell some Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So quite naturally the them here could not have been any of the His People He foreknew of Rom 11:2

beloved57
June 15th, 2017, 05:07 AM
His People are those He and they are all of One !

11For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

The He that Sanctifieth here is none other than Jesus Christ. He sanctifies them by His Death as per Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through[for the sake of, because of.] the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Also Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Now who are the sanctified in Heb 2:11 ? Its His Family His Brethren and, the Children God hath given Him Heb 2:12,13

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Now the Children being Sanctified and the One doing the Sanctified are all of One Father

Remember Jesus said to one of His Saints Jn 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

beloved57
July 30th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Now just who are His People that Jesus shall save ?

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Many are in error in regards to this most precious truth as it pertains to the Jesus of the scripture. They think His people here are ethnic jews, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but how absurd, that would put the promise to save based upon ethnicity, which would make God a respecter of persons, saving men upon their race, instead of Grace. Jesus told many ethnic jews they were not His Sheep/ People for instance, speaking to ethnic jews He says this Jn 10:26

Earlier He told physical descendants of Abraham, jews, seed of Abraham Jn 8:33-37

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Then He indicates that theyre not Gods Children Vs 42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And that in another sense they were not Abraham's Seed or Children Jesus insinuates Vs 39-40

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

And not only that, it was the same ethnic jews Jesus indicated they were children of the devil, calling the devil their father Vs 44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So, they were not Jesus people He shall save from their sins. But they are #1. Those who God the Father had Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4 which of course did include some ethnic jews, but also it included Gentiles !

Nanja
July 31st, 2017, 07:05 AM
Now just who are His People that Jesus shall save ?

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Many are in error in regards to this most precious truth as it pertains to the Jesus of the scripture. They think His people here are ethnic jews, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but how absurd, that would put the promise to save based upon ethnicity, which would make God a respecter of persons, saving men upon their race, instead of Grace. Jesus told many ethnic jews they were not His Sheep/ People for instance, speaking to ethnic jews He says this Jn 10:26

Earlier He told physical descendants of Abraham, jews, seed of Abraham Jn 8:33-37

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Then He indicates that theyre not Gods Children Vs 42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And that in another sense they were not Abraham's Seed or Children Jesus insinuates Vs 39-40

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

And not only that, it was the same ethnic jews Jesus indicated they were children of the devil, calling the devil their father Vs 44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So, they were not Jesus people He shall save from their sins. But they are #1. Those who God the Father had Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4 which of course did include some ethnic jews, but also it included Gentiles !

Amen! The People that Jesus Christ is a Saviour to Mat. 1:21 is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gen. 28:14, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29, God's adopted Sons Eph. 1:5 which are comprised of people of every ethnicity.

But many of the ethnic jews will never come to know and love Jesus Christ, and so they are already cursed, Anathema 1 Cor. 16:22:

a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, and if an animal, to be slain; therefore a person or thing doomed to destruction

So it's only Christ's Sheep, Spiritual Israel, comprised of both jews and gentiles, whom God Loved and has known from everlasting in Christ Jesus, to whom Salvation has been Promised Is. 45:17.

beloved57
July 31st, 2017, 07:45 AM
nanja

Amen! The People that Jesus Christ is a Saviour to Mat. 1:21 (https://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Matt%201.21) is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gen. 28:14 (https://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Gen.%2028.14), the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16 (https://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Gal.%203.16), 29 (https://biblia.com/bible/nkjv/Gal%203.29),

Amen Sister which led me into my next point as to who Christ's People are, His Spiritual Seed whom He offered His Soul an offering for their sins Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Nanja
July 31st, 2017, 03:17 PM
beloved57

Amen Sister which led me into my next point as to who Christ's People are, His Spiritual Seed whom He offered His Soul an offering for their sins Isa 53:10

So True! And Christ's Seed is exclusive to the Many He Justified Is. 53:11; Legally abjured Righteous in the Mind of God by the Blood of Christ Rom. 5:9 on their behalf Is. 53:6.

beloved57
August 1st, 2017, 02:35 AM
The His People that Jesus shall save from their sins are His Body the Church, every member thereof, whether jew or Gentile, for its written Eph 5:25-27

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

This passage describes how Jesus saves His People from their sins, the work is Perfect !

Nanja
August 1st, 2017, 06:49 AM
The His People that Jesus shall save from their sins are His Body the Church, every member thereof, whether jew or Gentile, for its written Eph 5:25-27

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

This passage describes how Jesus saves His People from their sins, the work is Perfect !

Amen Brother!

Christ's Perfect work successfully accomplished the Salvation of every member of His Body the Church He gave Himself for, both jew and gentile, chosen in union with Him to be Holy and without blame before God in Love Eph. 1:4, making them Perfect by redeeming them from all iniquity [unrighteousness; violation of God's Law].

Titus 2:14

Peculiar [periousios]: 1. that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

Christ's giving Himself for His People, Church, Possession, ensured Eternal Life for them.

Titus 1:1-2
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect [His Body the Church], and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us [His Church] eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Nanja
August 15th, 2017, 07:43 AM

Its not a doubt that Jesus here shall save His People from their sins ! In doing He does the following Ezk 36:24-29

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

He finds His People like this, dead in sin Ezk 16:6,8-9

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

This is basically what Paul writes in the New Testament Eph 2:4-5

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Titus 3:5-6

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

TY Brother for this very Spiritually Edifying, [eye puddling ☺] study in the scriptures. Praying the Lord Bless you richly !

beloved57
March 31st, 2018, 01:37 AM
Christ People are those He redeemed with His Blood Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine

beloved57
March 31st, 2018, 01:59 AM
Titus 2:14
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works.

The word peculiar is:

perioúsios (from 4012 /perí, "all-around, encompassing" and 1511 /eínai, "being, to exist") – properly, what exists in abundance (plenteousness) and hence of surpassing value. This describes believers because they belong to the Lord as His prized treasure ("peculiar," special possession). 4041 (perioúsios) is used only in Tit 2:14.

So those Christ redeems are His People Matt 1:21. Race / Ethnicity has no place here, His People of all races/ethnicities He has redeemed by His Blood Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, an​d nation;

Nanja
March 31st, 2018, 07:24 AM
Christ People are those He redeemed with His Blood Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine

O Jacob and O Israel are Names for Christ's Church, His Seed Chosen in Him Eph. 1:4-5, the Election of Grace; the Body of Christ He redeemed; The People He came to Save from their sins Mat. 1:21; the seed of Abraham whether jew or gentile which was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17; the Seed of Christ.

Gal. 3:16. 29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.