PDA

View Full Version : TOL Pet Memoriam

Town Heretic
June 3rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
I had the thought earlier this morning while going through a few pictures of Cammy, who some of you already know passed away yesterday. That set me thinking of Lucy, who died February of 08 and of Sarah, who disappeared some time ago and is likely gone as well.

It seemed to me that it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to have a thread where those of us who were fortunate enough to have had able and beloved companions could share something of them with everyone, if only a picture and a name.

In that spirit I'll begin with three posts. Just a brief description and photo at first. I'm too tired for eulogizing now.

Town Heretic
June 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
This is Sarah, who was recovering from surgery, but insisted on roaming the back woods toward the river. One night she ran with her pack and never returned. I searched for days, but couldn't find her. And if she could, she'd have come home to me. She always did.

Sarah...aka, Sarahweena, famous the neighborhood over for her back scratching dances in the grass.

gsweet
June 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Grace passed away two winters ago. With my bro and I out of the house, she was my parents' substitute for us kids. A good one at that, too. I don't think I'm able to attach pictures, so here's some obligatory puppy picture links...

Romping in the backyard (http://solidsol.com/personal/gracietwelveweeks/images/jungledog.jpg)

A definite bird dog (http://solidsol.com/personal/gracietwelveweeks/images/birddog1.jpg)

Town Heretic
June 3rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
Grace passed away two winters ago. With my bro and I out of the house, she was my parents' substitute for us kids. A good one at that, too. I don't think I'm able to attach pictures, so here's some obligatory puppy picture links...

Romping in the backyard (http://solidsol.com/personal/gracietwelveweeks/images/jungledog.jpg)

A definite bird dog (http://solidsol.com/personal/gracietwelveweeks/images/birddog1.jpg)

Great looking dog. :D You know, if you hit the paperclip/attachments icon you can place a photo directly in the post like I did with Sarah. Just including this for anyone who didn't know that.

chrysostom
June 3rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
when I was young I had to bury my very young pet raccoon
and
don't ever remember crying that hard for any human

Town Heretic
June 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Everyone, meet the late, great Cammy and a couple of friends. The first is Simon (these two were joined at the hip). The second and third are with Shoble, after a few days of rolling about and a river run. :chuckle:

gsweet
June 3rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
Great looking dog. :D You know, if you hit the paperclip/attachments icon you can place a photo directly in the post like I did with Sarah. Just including this for anyone who didn't know that.

Thanky, and likewise (for both of them, as well as the cats). There's just something about the unconditional love of a pet that seems to trump all other issues one could encounter on a daily basis. Walking through the front door after work and getting tackled by slobbering, unbridled adoration has a way of melting through any melancholy mood.

On a separate note, I am apparently incapable of attaching images (according to TOL). Probably something to do with my subscription status...I'll remedy that one of these days.

Psalmist
June 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
Mister Kitty
1986-1998

Independent and good natured.
Maine Coon, long hair.

Delmar
June 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
I looked for the thread I started when I lost George but it must have been pruned at some point. George was TOL legend and he passed away January 16, 2008
I still miss him.

Ask Mr. Religion
June 4th, 2010, 01:52 AM
To music:
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

For K.C. who left us in 2008. Yes, no theological basis behind all of this, I know, but it gets me past the loss from time to time. I hope it does the same for you, my friend and brother, TH.

AMR

Son of Jack
June 4th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I've been lucky to have some sweet and loving canines in my life. The first, Rocky, was a collie, Shepard, something-else (:chuckle:) mix. He was smart and playful, gentle with children and willing to protect us. I remember when he started getting bad arthritis. We found him stuck a ditch of shallow water. He died several months later. I don't remember crying that hard before.

We also had two Golden Retrievers, Lucy and Louis (pronounced Lewy). I picked Lucy out. She was the runt of her litter, but she wandered over to me and began to play with my shoelaces. Louis was the biggest pup in his litter. He was a beast of a dog, definitely not the sharpest needle in the stack, but such a sweet and loving brute. He and Lucy had puppies on two occasions. They loved each other. Louis got cancer. My dad did everything he could to save him. The vet even amputated one of his legs in an effort to save him. He managed to live for about a year with one less leg. Lucy outlived Louis by about five or so years. She got old, started to go blind and deaf. Sadly, she wandered out in front of the school bus and was killed. The lady who drove the school bus had been the driver all through my childhood (I was in college at the time). She felt terrible; it was all rather sad.

My wife and I current have a chocolate Lab, named Daisy. She is a big sweetheart.

nicholsmom
June 4th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Great thread, TH :)

My cat, Bear, was a Texas-born, long-hair, black cat who would "talk" to me constantly. He made all sorts of interesting noises to "make conversation" while he sat in my lap or walked at my side, reserving his big, Texas, "Meow!" for urgent messages like "my bowl is empty," and "let me out of here!" He was very smart, learning quickly to never jump up onto tables or counters or anything remotely table- or counter-like, except for the counter in the bathroom. He was allowed to jump up there to be closer to me while I did my hair and make-up - and he was always there to watch the ritual and talk me through it :D That great cat traveled back and forth with me from school in Indiana to work in Texas, semester after semester, and finally moved to Virgina after I got married, and then back home again to Indiana. He traveled exceedingly well, looking out the windows and "telling" me about all the things he saw. I just kept a litter box in the very back that he's squirm his way toward whenever he felt the need :chuckle: I do miss that cat and I've never met his equal. I'd post a picture, but he died long before I ever got a digital camera. Maybe I'll scan one in to post here :) - still, he was black and hard to capture on film :chuckle:

I can post pictures of my all-time-favorite goat, Calico. She was our first, and most interesting goat. She had real personality and loved to be near us. She would jump a 6' fence like a gazelle just to be able to stand on our porch and look in our windows at us while we sat in the kitchen :chuckle: When we were outside, she'd jump that fence just to get a good rubbing between her ears or to rub her giant head and neck against our sides - 'bout knock us down! She'd eat anything that we had touched too - not like the other goats who'd sniff and snub - what a great composter :D We miss her dearly - still makes my chest tight just thinking of her being gone for good. She died last spring just after losing two kids to white muscle disease :(

Here she is in our side yard (yep, up against the house), and another in the front yard eating leaves off of that gnarled weeping willow. The sad part of that is that she used to stand up on her back legs to reach up 8 or 9 feet to get the leaves from the trees. Here, she's only a couple of weeks away from death, wasting away and can only crane her neck, poor girl.
Dang! I uploaded them in reverse. Oh well, you can figure out which is which.

nicholsmom
June 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
To music:
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

For K.C. who left us in 2008. Yes, no theological basis behind all of this, I know, but it gets me past the loss from time to time. I hope it does the same for you, my friend and brother, TH.

AMR

Must spread more rep around... I love this; it's very comforting.

Skeptical Inquirer
June 7th, 2010, 09:33 PM
My pet bird died Saturday May 22 2010.
His name was Sam.
I had him for 12 years.
That is the longest I have ever owned a pet and I really loved him.
The worst part is it was my fault.
He had started a new habit of playing on the seat of the couch against the back where we keep a blanket folded up for back support.
I was setting on the edge of the couch watching a move and slide back without looking.
He was pinned in the blanket behind me and suffocated. It was more than 30 minutes before I went to get something to drink, and when I came back I saw him laying in the edge of the rolled up blanket not moving, that is when the shock of what had happened hit me --- I cried.
I have been beating myself up about this in my head and heart -- I should have looked before I moved -- all I had to do was take a little time to be more careful, and then he would still be alive.
This is the first pet I ever lost through personal neglect -- I miss him so much.
He could talk in sentences, he liked to dance around whistling into the mirror and he loved to stand on my finger and get his head scratched,
His mate died about 4 years ago and I think he still missed her -- her name was Wendy.
I will miss him always.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2245

zippy2006
June 8th, 2010, 12:02 AM
The only significant pet of my own was Reba, a brown and white beagle who died peacefully at my feet about 6 years back with the whole family sitting around her. It was first time I'd ever actually witnessed death stealing something away--a very quiet separation. It was also the first time I've ever truly cried without caring one tich about the tears.

She was known for scavenging, bringing back all sorts of odd ends and dropping them off promptly on the deck (a rabbit head is the most memorable) :chuckle:.

good thread TH :e4e: Interesting stories

Town Heretic
June 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks, zip...you reminded me of something. The mostly black lab, Sarah, I wrote of earlier had this gathering habit. One morning I came out onto the front porch to find her asleep with an empty beer can and an empty packet of cigarettes next to her...I wish I'd have taken a picture...."Sarah's night on the town: epilogue" would have been the title for it.

Great dog.

Nang
July 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
It seemed to me that it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to have a thread where those of us who were fortunate enough to have had able and beloved companions could share something of them with everyone, if only a picture and a name.

I appreciate this idea.

We had to put down a beloved pet yesterday, and memorializing him in this way will give me some comfort and lessen my sadness, I hope.

He was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, ten years old, and his name was Corgi (aka "Corkie"). We adopted him when his first owner, my aunt, died suddenly and left him homeless at 18 months. He had suffered with intestinal problems for the last 4 years, eventuating in a bleeding tumour. He had a fighting spirit, the personality of a clown, a love for Ma for whom he continually kept guard, and a very BIG bark that always left our ears ringing.

Here he is, to be remembered and always loved . . .

Nick M
July 1st, 2010, 05:51 PM

Shadow the Lab. 23 Jul 1995-8 Apr 2010

Nang
September 22nd, 2010, 08:43 PM

Shadow the Lab. 23 Jul 1995-8 Apr 2010

Jimmy

Very sorry, Nick to find this news about your Lab. What a sorrow!

We just lost another pet (two this summer!). The latest was a very miniature Dachshund who was more my husband's pet than mine, but a fine little girl who deserves remembrance.

Angel, 10 1/2 years old, died September 6th of Lymphoma, at home.

Town Heretic
November 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM
And so it goes...Shoble joins his best friend (seen head-butting her on the right) in the clover covered fields of memory. He is missed, especially by his second in command (Jefferson, pictured left in the left photo).

Nydhogg
November 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Don't have any photos of him here, but I will never forget Rage. Had him when I was a kid, a 100 pounds Rottweiler/Dobermann mix.

A sweet fella. Smartest, most caring dog ever. He died when I was 17, at the age of 12 and a half wonderful years. I think it was a sudden heart failure or something like that.

Meh, he had a good and long and happy life, and he died undisputed conqueror of the old armchair in the corner (Short story: Dad got a better one, we were gonna throw the old chair out, but we never really got along to it and the dog claimed it.)

Will post pictures of the dog I own now in a thread that is less likely to bring bad luck to still-alive pets :P.

Town Heretic
December 18th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Came home tonight to find my wife's pet of 17 years failing. She'd recently survived a tough scrape with a blood virus and began deteriorating over the last three days again, despite heroic efforts by our vet...we were away attending the celebration of a friends 32 year marriage. When we returned she was slipping and expired in my wife's arms within a minute of our arriving home.

I think she held on for that. She died within a minute of my wife telling her she could go. A great little cat, our Gracie.

annabenedetti
December 18th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I am so very sorry. :(

Arthur Brain
December 18th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Came home tonight to find my wife's pet of 17 years failing. She'd recently survived a tough scrape with a blood virus and began deteriorating over the last three days again, despite heroic efforts by our vet...we were away attending the celebration of a friends 32 year marriage. When we returned she was slipping and expired in my wife's arms within a minute of our arriving home.

I think she held on for that. She died within a minute of my wife telling her she could go. A great little cat, our Gracie.

Condolencies TH. I've no doubt she had a great (and obviously long) life thanks to both you and your wife.

:e4e:

zoo22
December 18th, 2011, 01:24 AM

I am so sorry to hear about Gracie. 17 years is a long time. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you and I'm sure you'll keep wonderful memories of her. I'm glad that she was able to hold out for your wife to be there holding her when she passed.

Rest in peace, Gracie.

bybee
December 18th, 2011, 04:03 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

dreadknought
March 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hey T.H. I was digging around looking at old threads when I saw this. I immediately remembered my orange Tabby Slice, who passed in November 2010. He was such a fine tom, even played fetch.

Here is a pic.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R77CuKTgzUA/T2QSWIB19zI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/M1BzxHK-DdM/s400/Slice%2520hamming%2520it%2520up%2520for%2520the%25 20camera.jpg

The Barbarian
March 16th, 2012, 11:19 PM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/34/92221696_09cc84b53b_z.jpg
Scrabbles. One of the sweetest animals I've known, but a talented escape artist. She figured out how to get the latch loose on the gate, forcing me to wire it to keep her in.

She popped a fastener on her crate, allowing her to wiggle out of it, but she never did it until we were gone. Then we'd come home and she'd be loose in the house, with the crate secured.

Got away once too often, and a car hit her. She died in my daughter's arms on the way to the vet. I never thought I'd grieve for an animal as I did for her.

One Eyed Jack
March 17th, 2012, 03:30 AM
I don't know what happened to Bacopotamus after CapnFungi gave him away, but I still miss him. I think Zammis does too.

Nang
March 17th, 2012, 11:47 AM
The Barbarian,

So sorry about Scrabbles. I empathize with your grief.

Since I last posted on this thread, I have lost 2 more dogs and now my kitty has developed diabetes, so when she is gone, I will be petless. And I am not going to replace them, because I don't want any more pain like I go through losing them!

Nang

Delmar
March 17th, 2012, 02:45 PM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/34/92221696_09cc84b53b_z.jpg
Scrabbles. One of the sweetest animals I've known, but a talented escape artist. She figured out how to get the latch loose on the gate, forcing me to wire it to keep her in.

She popped a fastener on her crate, allowing her to wiggle out of it, but she never did it until we were gone. Then we'd come home and she'd be loose in the house, with the crate secured.

Got away once too often, and a car hit her. She died in my daughter's arms on the way to the vet. I never thought I'd grieve for an animal as I did for her.
I'm sorry for your loss. I think some people think I am nutty because I still talk about my George, and about Bowser, the dog of my youth. I still think about them from time to time, but the memories are, now, all happy ones. Time does help.

Delmar
March 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Hey T.H. I was digging around looking at old threads when I saw this. I immediately remembered my orange Tabby Slice, who passed in November 2010. He was such a fine tom, even played fetch.

Here is a pic.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R77CuKTgzUA/T2QSWIB19zI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/M1BzxHK-DdM/s400/Slice%2520hamming%2520it%2520up%2520for%2520the%25 20camera.jpg
Orange cats are cool!

Random
March 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I lost my cat Kitty last April. April 1st is her anniversary. It's hard to believe it's going to be a year.

bybee
March 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
When we had to put our beloved german shepherd down because he was dying and suffering so much it hurt so bad that I still can hardly speak of it.
He loved me unconditionally, and no one has ever done that.

serpentdove
March 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry, Bybee. :sigh: I am also a German shepherd owner. They are the best dogs in the whole wide world. I hope he'll be waiting for you at our Father's house. :dog:

BillyBob
March 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
and
don't ever remember crying that hard for any human

Most humans pretty much suck.

Psalmist
March 17th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Mister Kitty
1986-1998

Independent and good natured.
Maine Coon, long hair.

I saw today's recent post and it reminded of our Mister Kitty.

To some people it's just a dead animal that was here for a while, now it's time to move on, you know, get over it.

No, it's not, it's not get over it, and not with me. These creatures of God's creation that we take to be ours matter, they matter because they were here and we made them a part of our life, it matters whether it was a dog, cat, bird, fish, etc. that we made them a part of our life, those of who have or have had one such a companion are or were truly blessed.

These dear creatures make or made difference in our lives, I love the loyalty of a dog, and how the cat owns us, the birds are like the sweet singers of Israel, and the fish in various sizes are a pure motion of gracefulness.

As for being remembered, why not, I'm sure if were possible they would do the same for us. So it's with affection that it be said rest in peace our dear four footed friends, our fearless felines, the birds that are from paradise beginning, and the fish of an array of wonder gliding through the waters of fish tank.

Bless each of you have and do make this thread a place of sanctuary for those who have lost pets and honor them here.

serpentdove
March 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
and
don't ever remember crying that hard for any humanDid you say raccoon? :Plain:

serpentdove
March 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Most humans pretty much suck.Animals don't know right from wrong. We do (Ro 2:15).

serpentdove
March 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
See:

Do pets / animals go to Heaven? Do pets / animals have souls? Will my loved pets be in Heaven with me? (http://www.gotquestions.org/pets-heaven.html)

Delmar
March 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Most humans pretty much suck.

How are your pugs?

Nang
March 17th, 2012, 07:20 PM

Here is a pic.

Oh my,

We had an orange tabby that looked just like yours a few years back, that we named "Beast." He was wonderful . . . but he did not fetch. :ha:

Nang

The Barbarian
March 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Since I last posted on this thread, I have lost 2 more dogs and now my kitty has developed diabetes, so when she is gone, I will be petless. And I am not going to replace them, because I don't want any more pain like I go through losing them!

That's what I said. But I always get another. The pain of losing them is nothing compared to the emptiness of not having them. Those of us who love animals (and I'm gratified to see how many of us are here on TOL) don't feel complete without those four feet walking behind.

Thanks, all of you, for your condolences. It's kind of you, and very much appreciated.

dreadknought
March 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Orange cats are cool!I agree, but I have a bias on this particular :D

Oh my,

We had an orange tabby that looked just like yours a few years back, that we named "Beast." He was wonderful . . . but he did not fetch. :ha:

Nang:chuckle: My high school/college sweetheart's cat played fetch, I was blown away. I've had, can't really say trained, 4 cats that have played fetch over the last 20 years (an orange & white, a Persian, a gray & white & Slice), 3 have passed, 1 ran off.

Nang
March 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I lost my cat Kitty last April. April 1st is her anniversary. It's hard to believe it's going to be a year.

Sorry for you, Random. She was a beauty! So sad.

Nang

serpentdove
March 18th, 2012, 06:25 AM
"...These creatures of God's creation that we take to be ours matter, they matter because they were here and we made the a part of our life, it matters whether it was a dog, cat, bird, fish, etc., that we made them a part of our life, those of who have or have had one such a companion are or were truly blessed..." :thumb: All that God created is good (Ge 1:31).

serpentdove
March 18th, 2012, 06:40 AM

NangOh no! :sigh: I'm very sorry.

Town Heretic
May 28th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Sorry that you lost Lady, Ebenz...

Psalmist
May 29th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Ebenz...Sorry for your loss.

ebenz47037
May 29th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I don't know how old Lady was. So, she could have died of old age. We got her when :jessilu: was about fifteen. Lady was full grown then. :jessilu: and one of her friends were out riding their bikes. One of our neighbors (about 2 miles away) told :jessilu: that if she didn't take Lady, he was going to shoot her. She was spayed and fully trained when we got her.

You should have seen Lady the first time we put a collar on her. It was like she knew she had a home where she would be loved. That dog put up with :jessilu: dressing her up, as well. In fact, she got to where we had to put a sweatshirt that :jessilu: had outgrown on her because she would start pulling out clothes for us to put on her. :chuckle:

I can't find a picture right now.

Son of Jack
May 29th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I don't know how old Lady was. So, she could have died of old age. We got her when :jessilu: was about fifteen. Lady was full grown then. :jessilu: and one of her friends were out riding their bikes. One of our neighbors (about 2 miles away) told :jessilu: that if she didn't take Lady, he was going to shoot her. She was spayed and fully trained when we got her.

You should have seen Lady the first time we put a collar on her. It was like she knew she had a home where she would be loved. That dog put up with :jessilu: dressing her up, as well. In fact, she got to where we had to put a sweatshirt that :jessilu: had outgrown on her because she would start pulling out clothes for us to put on her. :chuckle:

I can't find a picture right now.

Sounds like a wonderful dog, Nori. I'm sorry for your loss.

Psalmist
April 17th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Delmar's
"Ziggy"

In memory of
A special absent friend, loyal to the end.

http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/7/7a/600x450px-LL-7a9b945d_protector.jpeg

Signed ~ Psalmist

Delmar
April 17th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Delmar's
"Ziggy"

In memory of

Signed ~ Psalmist

Thank you so much, my friend. I will get a picture or 2 up after work.

bybee
April 17th, 2013, 05:01 AM
The loss of a beloved pet leaves a hole in the family fabric but also leaves wonderful memories. Blessings to all who have loved a pet.

Delmar
April 17th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Psalmist
You had your post formatted so nicely I decided to add the photo to it. What do you think?

Psalmist
April 18th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Delmar's
"Ziggy"

In memory of

http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/7/7a/600x450px-LL-7a9b945d_protector.jpeg

Signed ~ Psalmist

Psalmist
You had your post formatted so nicely I decided to add the photo to it. What do you think?

Delmar, that makes it complete with that great photo. :thumb:

xAvarice
April 18th, 2013, 05:01 AM
My dog started deteriorating, but we intercepted it quickly with medication (steroids) and others to slow the fail of his nervous system.

Online diagnosis is such a great thing.

His passing is inevitable, being nearly 14 it's a "miracle" he's lived so long, I shall miss him when he goes, being the closest thing to a brother next to my brother.

Sometimes more or a brother, we don't insult each other, and more attractive than my sister too. (Kidding)

I know how it feels to be consumed with concern for a pet's well-being.

Town Heretic
July 31st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Sebastian waited thirteen years for his boy. He got a little over two years to enjoy him.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=224&pictureid=4067
RIP: A Boy's Best Friend, young or old.

annabenedetti
July 31st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Oh, TH. I am so sorry. :(

What a sweet dog... I love the photo of him with Jack in the wagon.

I'm so glad he had those two years.

Town Heretic
July 31st, 2013, 08:33 PM
Oh, TH. I am so sorry. :(

What a sweet dog... I love the photo of him with Jack in the wagon.

I'm so glad he had those two years.
He LOVED Jack and the feeling was mutual. I have a great many pictures of them running about the yard...I'll probably post more of him later. I used the larger one as the front and center because I thought it captured the kindness with which he met everyone, a thing made more remarkable considering the horrific abuse he'd suffered in the first year of life, before we brought him home from a half way shelter.

He'll be missed the way a boy gives up summer.

Nang
July 31st, 2013, 08:46 PM
Oh, what a loss!

So sorry . . .

Nang

Town Heretic
July 31st, 2013, 08:53 PM
Edit.

Town Heretic
July 31st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Oh, what a loss!

So sorry . . .

Nang
Thanks, Nang. He was amazing. Had an obsession with birds. He's watch the sky and run along under them barking. I always said that if Sebastian had wings there wouldn't be a bird in our county. :chuckle: Just as good a dog as you could ever hope to have.

FellowServant
July 31st, 2013, 08:57 PM
So sorry! :( .. What a beautiful dog.

zoo22
July 31st, 2013, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Sebastian. It sounds like you had some great years together. Beautiful dog.

annabenedetti
July 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM
He LOVED Jack and the feeling was mutual. I have a great many pictures of them running about the yard...I'll probably post more of him later. I used the larger one as the front and center because I thought it captured the kindness with which he met everyone, a thing made more remarkable considering the horrific abuse he'd suffered in the first year of life, before we brought him home from a half way shelter.

I can tell he loved Jack just by the sweetness of his face. I'd love to see more pictures, and yes, he looked like the kindest and gentlest of dogs. He was so lucky you brought him home and gave him a good life - and he in turn gave you all of his. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

The Barbarian
July 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear about Sebastian. How much joy he must have had with Jack. Glad he had a couple of years to do that.

kmoney
August 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that TH. :( Those are some great pictures.

Psalmist
August 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Sebastian waited thirteen years for his boy. He got a little over two years to enjoy him.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=224&pictureid=4067
RIP: A Boy's Best Friend, young or old.

T/H ... Best boy's friend, a sorrowful loss it is.

A friendship marked by love, loyalty, and sure laughter.

A boy, a dad and mom, who suffer the loss together.

And sweet memories and way-marks that are lost, absolutely never!

Please accept our empathetic and sympathetic sympathies.

Psalmist (Tom) and Mrs Psalmist (Violet)

Totton Linnet
August 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM

That is something else...sorry for your loss TH

Delmar
August 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM
TH
Thanks for sharing a little glimpse of your friend with us. I am sorry for your loss!

Breathe
August 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
RIP Sebastian.
My condolences to you and yours, TH. Our pets are like family members. Even though we know we will not have them for very long in the grand scheme of things, the unconditional love they give makes it impossible to deny them their deserved place in our hearts and in our lives. When they pass, they leave a hole that we are unable to fill - but the memories are so sweet, it is worth the pain we suffer in the end.

Town Heretic
August 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
A few more of Sebastian.

dreadknought
August 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I looked for this thread when a companion was taken..... yet I didn't find it. Must have failed ISTEP.

Town Heretic
August 6th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I looked for this thread when a companion was taken..... yet I didn't find it. Must have failed ISTEP.
Feel free to bring in some photos and a notice any old time, Stux.

The Barbarian
August 6th, 2013, 04:38 PM
We who choose to surround
ourselves with lives even more
temporary than our own,
live within a fragile circle,
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality never fully understanding the necessary plan.

-Irving Townsend

The Once Again Prince

The Barbarian
August 6th, 2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18015&d=1375393429

This is an amazing shot. You could, if you can do as well outside the circle of your family, make a living at photography.

Town Heretic
July 12th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Tiger, aka The Great Dumphini, You Falstaffian Wonder You.

1997 - 2014

A great run.

Tiger, in flesh and spirit:

kmoney
July 12th, 2014, 05:03 PM

1997 - 2014

A great run.

Sorry for your loss, TH. :( He was a great looking cat. That's quite a stare.

Nang
July 12th, 2014, 05:08 PM

1997 - 2014

A great run.

Did he rule the dogs?

Psalmist
July 12th, 2014, 05:41 PM

1997 - 2014

A great run.

Sorry to read this. Our sympathies to T/H and family.

Our pets are dear to us, the longer we have them, the greater the loss.

:e4e:

glorydaz
July 12th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I had the thought earlier this morning while going through a few pictures of Cammy, who some of you already know passed away yesterday. That set me thinking of Lucy, who died February of 08 and of Sarah, who disappeared some time ago and is likely gone as well.

In that spirit I'll begin with three posts. Just a brief description and photo at first. I'm too tired for eulogizing now.

My heart goes out to you on your recent loss. Our pets are such a blessing from the Lord and an important part of our families. God is so good for allowing us to have them in our lives.

Town Heretic
July 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Did he rule the dogs?

:) He did. He was the oldest and when the others were young he'd already established himself so that by the time they were fully mature he had that edge. A tough fellow who wouldn't put up with much he'd wade in when any of the animals got surly with the others and slap them and they'd take it and back down. I've seen him break up a slight fight between two of our dogs doing that. Very funny.

He went out like a light bulb. He wasn't frail or suffering, though the last week or so I noticed him being a little less energetic and careful. I was thinking he might be getting arthritic, but his nose was cold and he still loved being picked up and would jaunt up the steps to say hello.

Fortunately, every time he did I'd pick him up and put him on his back and carry him around talking to him. I was the only one he'd let do that and he'd purr and groom me when I did. When he was younger we had a routine. I'd find him laying and quietly, lightly put my foot on him and claim him for France. That always got an ankle nip. If I said England or any other country he'd just look at me, waiting for France. :)

He'll be missed.

kmoney
February 2nd, 2016, 06:08 PM
I lost my cat today. Her name was Zuzu. She had a long, good life. Succumbed to kidney problems that escalated pretty quickly. :(

I know I'm biased but I think she's one of the prettiest cats I've ever seen. None of these pictures are very good. I wish I had more of her.

annabenedetti
February 2nd, 2016, 06:13 PM
She's a beautiful cat, kmo. I love the one of her on the blue blanket, she looks really cozy. You lost a good friend, and I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

bybee
February 2nd, 2016, 06:16 PM
I lost my cat today. Her name was Zuzu. She had a long, good life. Succumbed to kidney problems that escalated pretty quickly. :(

I know I'm biased but I think she's one of the prettiest cats I've ever seen. None of these pictures are very good. I wish I had more of her.

Blessings my friend.

kmoney
February 2nd, 2016, 06:16 PM
She's a beautiful cat, kmo. I love the one of her on the blue blanket, she looks really cozy. You lost a good friend, and I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you. And it's funny you say that. I remember taking that picture. I texted it to my sister with a message about exactly that, her being cozy on a cold night. :)

annabenedetti
February 2nd, 2016, 06:19 PM
Thank you. And it's funny you say that. I remember taking that picture. I texted it to my sister with a message about exactly that, her being cozy on a cold night. :)

Cats love rumpled blankets, and she looks really happy and content. :) You must have a lot of wonderful memories.

Ktoyou
February 2nd, 2016, 06:31 PM
This would be my choice for a nice pets.

Delmar
February 5th, 2016, 03:49 PM
I looked for the thread I started when I lost George but it must have been pruned at some point. George was TOL legend and he passed away January 16, 2008
I still miss him.

My friend Lon just called this photo to my attention! I posted it on FaceBook for "friends day" Nothing like posting a photo of my George to find out who is watching my page!

Town Heretic
October 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Ladybug

Fifteen good years and a great dog

kmoney
October 5th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Sorry Town. :( Great looking dog.

Town Heretic
October 5th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Sorry Town. :( Great looking dog.
Thanks, kmo. A very sweet girl. She lived to follow Jack and hang out with us, but she'd been without a pack for a year and I know she missed them, because she'd taken to going to the end of our lane and spending time with a terrier.

She had a great back story. Lady came to us via another dog who was dying, but who got her out of what our vet thought was a bait dog situation. They showed up and her ears had been cut to bleed a bit. The dying dog, Buddy, lasted a week, but had food and kindness for at least that much of his life and seemed like a good soul. Lady was instantly absorbed by my Border Collie, Sebastian, my mostly Black Lab, Sarah, and whatever little Cam was...some sort of Terrier. And that group was together for about eight years. Then I think Sarah went first. Then Cam, just before Jack arrived. And it was Sebastian (the Collie) and Lady for several years. Then Sebastian gave up the ghost and she had us and a couple of cats for company.

She was healthy and loved, a gentle dog whose tail spun like a slow propeller when she was running and happy. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

Lady died a little over a month ago, but I had to set it aside. Only just pulled up the water bowls and I'm not ready to tackle her house yet. We converted a pump house into her and Sebastian's quarters. Straw with thick blankets on the floor, put concrete in one of the corners for a heater and the height of the ceiling and connection to the house kept it cool in summer, when she wasn't under the side porch which was cooler still.

A good life. A better dog. And then there were none.

kmoney
October 5th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Thanks, kmo. A very sweet girl. She lived to follow Jack and hang out with us, but she'd been without a pack for a year and I know she missed them, because she'd taken to going to the end of our lane and spending time with a terrier.

She had a great back story. Lady came to us via another dog who was dying, but who got her out of what our vet thought was a bait dog situation. They showed up and her ears had been cut to bleed a bit. The dying dog, Buddy, lasted a week, but had food and kindness for at least that much of his life and seemed like a good soul. Lady was instantly absorbed by my Border Collie, Sebastian, my mostly Black Lab, Sarah, and whatever little Cam was...some sort of Terrier. And that group was together for about eight years. Then I think Sarah went first. Then Cam, just before Jack arrived. And it was Sebastian (the Collie) and Lady for several years. Then Sebastian gave up the ghost and she had us and a couple of cats for company.

She was healthy and loved, a gentle dog whose tail spun like a slow propeller when she was running and happy. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

Lady died a little over a month ago, but I had to set it aside. Only just pulled up the water bowls and I'm not ready to tackle her house yet. We converted a pump house into her and Sebastian's quarters. Straw with thick blankets on the floor, put concrete in one of the corners for a heater and the height of the ceiling and connection to the house kept it cool in summer, when she wasn't under the side porch which was cooler still.

A good life. A better dog. And then there were none.

Great memories. When my cat died a couple years ago I also left her things out for a while. Couldn't immediately put it all away. In fact, I still have a blanket laying on the chair she often laid in. I hadn't thought about that for a while. After this long it's still there because of laziness and lack of a need to move it but this just jogged some sentimental feelings.

The Barbarian
October 5th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Scrabbles was a rescued Scotty/something or other. She was apparently doing just fine on the street, and didn't want to be rescued. I learned why, after I got her. She was an escape artist, a conniving little dog who thought she was smarter than anything else. I got to bail her out of the pound only once. She knew animal control, and they only were able to catch her once.

She was always finding a way to get out of the yard. I'd drive up and she'd be waiting at the front door. When she saw me, she'd run around to the back, get back in the yard, and act as though she had been there all the time.

Once, she managed to pop a fastener on her crate, so she could slip out of it. But she never did it when we were watching. Took a few times of "I thought we put her in the crate" before I checked it and saw what she was doing.

She loved my daughter with complete devotion. They were always together.

One night I opened the door, and she ran out before I could stop her,into the path of a car. She died in Meagan's arms.

It was hard for me, worse for Meagan. I would love to have that little miscreant back with me.

Lon
November 17th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Been really hard talking about her, she died a couple of months into this year. http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21949&d=1252045646 She was the hardest one for me to say goodbye to since probably my childhood.

He is 6 months old now and has been incredible for healing.26040

annabenedetti
November 18th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Been really hard talking about her, she died a couple of months into this year.
She was the hardest one for me to say goodbye to since probably my childhood.

He is 6 months old now and has been incredible for healing.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lon. What a sweet face she has there. Goodbyes are so hard.

I'm so glad you have this new little one to help you heal. He's a cutie. :)

The Barbarian
November 20th, 2017, 01:43 PM
It hurts so much to say good-bye to them, but we keep getting others. Because for one who loves them, one's life is not complete without an animal to share it with.
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
Anatole France

Ask Mr. Religion
December 2nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!

Be sure to scroll all the way down & read the story and thoughts at the end.
They are the best part of this email.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ8Wz09Eyc31mmmr7Pw5VRY-tmy-mZaz0Z2fMwZIYMONlw1_OETLfHFhYU_y3lc_i-E2sZA3mxGpb-pIgp9HUEx0tkm5KXkiairhQlJLKPaTmtsSPEAlKhomXhY&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620885&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.2&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9Muqr8pCNwu8JGa0TMIh-7fwcrRHO64qhbDq0l2KS9E_C-akd7n-9ywtVI7ZxFxH_t2g8lgJ5_8YUBeDi6FrB9rsdFEEc3Uoy68Xqz 962x0tns8fmIrzPXJcY&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620885&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.3&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ8dRB6mAuLr9XlBl4eQRruP2nSRTK9xr-3hoO8TIyExWLFTcot3tLKxoszpW-O95sISu6dB05oEiJLeiZ6zoJJdfdYljcV-tN58NLXsOz1gVjViWgNPVjh95sU&sz=w870-h600&ats=1512236620885&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.4&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-wptXHl8xswqDQC30j-udsm-aZoCqyIUnxXGzX0okrtOOpciv6uJqvGy7n1eKVJ-g4MW3B6q18sawZ4oN7M75czZp_Rb8xTlQb4X1pgY4jvcNngwZw nzBWkJ0&sz=w908-h1168&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.5&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_ZPJ05VTD60q2qDVFdd4Lfc2Vwjwf-6ga8ZIJSDC21DC8g7CHwlik0K5qz2yp119u9gl4LihLrAviihz MHIaW0rvrVPLbLWFgVED2W47FzYSKZ7fdjv2B3wyg&sz=w740-h554&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.6&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_MnnX3v3OXor5RqPb1au7kqht82JgTibdX83w O8pCyV00DJgKYYOF8hrnVWZVCeTVqChwD7HCQM_fV5QtY0IUx9 6_kXRR4Rg2p9E3yon781JKVOeC79cj_rvM&sz=w822-h620&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.7&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9-o9ZXsfWq84w6QyhMs3YHvrS8FL45oyYEQHh7kzyTm7JlXO46qH J7OyxIy5T-fbpNomLn8afAx-KvCnNiKO9r6HlLVFaIyr7vkwSexcPZmdSyGcbVDXt57qU&sz=w822-h620&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.8&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ8G4oNnx1QQVstQh3KgK05VoRFal6VWy48lhoT iHw1qomp0MX8LzG_VSQiz9ipX9LRgz4dQ8dbBSRRphU-mTB7T5Nq8HMIk2cYrAA5QDhUs7dN-7RdEsBjq0ZM&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.9&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-kTDyEqKPjdXDaeGbi7lvDSiin0l6LahEUTAFXG65irpUSBF6az uhQVN5fQf2FH02-eFeCwuOXoTjMBUfM0ZRN6Jboik4O565YtwjHfcTBYADv0_IfEb rKIBg&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.10&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9zR_buKm-y-tPpYOuAuWCAk5q-LPLrQCeWWTlK3ladxpITiYil-tM3JZzFZ4t06IeSuKt9OeRoYdaBurob3xU7cJZa1LV34ablizN tDx6mBg5L5Sj7T_b2nhI&sz=w464-h620&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.11&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ8LAURrSN92vfuA812pjYT9iUH92wKqY1c8sSn EVPeD5ZindWFp3GF_Eq1b7Cc9rZeRjpJZD9lt_ItX2CJ_XmE-BGYxa35gK_0mIgpDdidbFpwZomlD2A65eBE&sz=w2-h2&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.12&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_2RhAj2zNcRdSmD2VKPK54vUQ9G0OydZfFU0Y tZ8qR2Zm7WQGRYOtWu5UgiTa4hyZCIIKVp_eAodOTMILWdqsD1 0uK9PjfPmMDlTPmSQpH_0q_33WWIewQVLA&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.13&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_kggzrDBEbIXigHr4D-nvnPf51lRUp0HPuHl58dmR8b46VSVoSKPBbkyFxSytJ7eR-lY4sk33vpEFeohF6Hmu2F_RqWF8MOStdm_SuKc1BvT3q8batV0 yG4Bg&sz=w830-h672&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.14&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9-fSMitopl37QsiEGg2xwKbpxUeruC94NAzrTwD68oO-d5tyx07fpldGMe5OdRdP7-fzLXVgxMBRPZKxY_GGb73ChZC1n3IUWKfAbGQjSU8NzEtMJTxc CXm4I&sz=w702-h500&ats=1512236620886&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.15&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_JU0dcHJ7LVTdOIpNMQTRjbe_tjBrFqWNdMo8 Eq8466BBNOmni_qxdepdFk8p_1nwE4L8EPln4kd1OjwDcsg_lg kPtT9CUtgACyUHAPTisD_WtlUUARq2u8DA&sz=w870-h490&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.16&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-Kyf94XCEE2-7xjmNyjUgpgo5g1ZpnTcb4hDEH0deA0uxzU5SEUQumJ2zYKQUD hrHRVOxOgudtSRbbRJpxhGna1QAm35lkpfsPckVZgBn8v9DQq2 QZqDpb-rA&sz=w620-h620&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.17&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9Z_yh4LLMdODXcerjWUwh1-gHPYwuhBKvq2XD_t-FjV9LCS_xbsfkVdGTIUr1FEGkZrwGvjej7MOdbK7gJI6jL3Hwl Q8FjDEONbrBXKoUlcpxDxtvLKDmY52s&sz=w464-h620&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.18&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ88_huvcF2Sb5NJnvFlVZCKmmG6Q6TmepzQ2Ov mzEdlP8-cVq-ewPRRm-vfndBdXpHXWaVn1OQvUbV4JMrjit2s91HneecYqqWGOaNgXYdV yve-h-sHVZzbsUg&sz=w818-h620&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.19&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ8l45qOxz1OflqIqtpJ8xQYFSUXuopIEmxi8Na Kc05zrBzpm34VtWeApz0ExmgQH0mgkkNmb6-LphGJ5EGP40Z57KLm1eK8Rn8xskt0uJdd2mcPG5s2NWHJ84c&sz=w828-h620&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.20&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ9_0BeqoPvsUBruZzFKzjLT7RqQU-637NYFVBu6LOKJO0uijE9Yelgo2lERAeO0arU6biqqyGEuAVEP tnfOGlsXex5oeVzMaeoCULsAGZQm8QgB9M5HXcT4po4&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=480e88b8b6&view=fimg&th=1601781f0fc61113&attid=0.0.21&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ99iWFidwGEdO8WOV-Ev2xddTEuUYWzeEL5Tyo1NZ6UUjE2T77HKN6Xfo7S5ZW4kbEpK y4ou7U-vQcGBO2HkH1ASIZYNJFD3wq0hyxbF3Vz1KHsz9nMuZebgtE&sz=w826-h620&ats=1512236620887&rm=1601781f0fc61113&zw&atsh=1

A Dog's Purpose? (>From a 6-year-old).

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try to live.

He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”
The Six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.”

Live simply.

Love generously.

Care deeply.

Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

Yours in Christ,
Jim Tuckett