PDA

View Full Version : iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android, Nokia app for TOL

Knight
April 19th, 2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.theologyonline.com/iPhone-TOL.jpg

How would you like to use TOL on you smartphone without the hassle of trying to use your phone's internet browser? Download the Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/) app for your smartphone today!

There are two versions of the app:

1. Free (read only)
2. Pro (read and reply!)

There is now an iPad version of the app in the apple app store. :up:

The pro version is $2.99 (This is not a TOL product therefore TOL does not profit in any way shape of form from this app). We are adding this service purely for your enjoyment and convenience, all fee's go to the developer of TapaTalk.

After you have downloaded and installed the app just search for TheologyOnline from within the app, then login and you will have TOL in the palm of your hand!! Why not just use the phone's browser you ask? Well, you can do that but a phone browser makes all the buttons, and links very small and hard to click on, it also needs to load all the graphics therefore it can be very slow. With Tapatalk you get a native smartphone app that is optimized just for TOL participation. Trust me... you are going to LOVE this app!

Tapatalk is a mobile TheologyOnline app for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Nokia. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Here are some screen shots of just a few of the features as displayed on a iPhone...

Review active threads...

http://www.theologyonline.com/tapatalk-01.jpg

Browse the TOL forums...

http://www.theologyonline.com/tapatalk-05.jpg

Post a new thread or reply to existing threads (pro version only - free version allows reading but not posting)

http://www.theologyonline.com/tapatalk-02.jpg

Scroll through the members that are currently online at TOL...

http://www.theologyonline.com/tapatalk-03.jpg

Review your own profile...

http://www.theologyonline.com/tapatalk-04.jpg

And much, much, more! TOL is now also a member of the TapaTalk network of forums and therefore we will gain extra exposure from folks browsing the Tapatalk networks from their smart phones. We are really excited about this new feature and we hope that this new feature will make TOL even more fun and convenient to participate on.

Knight
April 19th, 2010, 03:10 PM
On your iPhone the Tapatalk app icon will look like this...

SaulToPaul
April 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Nice....using the browser is a pain.

Knight
April 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Nice....using the browser is a pain.What type of phone do you have?

SaulToPaul
April 19th, 2010, 03:24 PM
What type of phone do you have?

Blackberry curve 8520

Knight
April 19th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Blackberry curve 8520Since don't have a Blackberry.... let me know how it works for you.

novice
April 19th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Oh man, this is the coolest thing ever!

Breathe
April 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Nice app!

novice
April 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Nice app!
Did you try it? If so, what type of phone did you try it on?

chickenman
April 19th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Cool! Downloading now onto my IPhone.

Knight
April 19th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Cool! Downloading now onto my IPhone.
Sweet, let me know what you think.

chickenman
April 19th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Posting now from the app. MUCH simpler than before. I love it!

Mr. 5020
April 19th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Heck to the yes! This is on the top of my to-do list!!

Hey Knight, did you see the leaked photos of the [probable] iPhone 4th gen?

Knight
April 19th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hey Knight, did you see the leaked photos of the [probable] iPhone 4th gen?
Yeah, it looks cool. 80 gig hard drive!!

Looks like a iPad Nano. :)

Knight
April 20th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Has anyone tried this app on something other than an iPhone?

SaulToPaul
April 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Has anyone tried this app on something other than an iPhone?

I am using the free version on blackberry, it's pretty neat.

drbrumley
April 21st, 2010, 05:00 PM
I have been waiting for this app

Knight
April 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
I have been waiting for this appSweet! Let me know what you think of it and what type of phone you are using it on. It's not our app so I can't help you with tech support but I am very curious as to how other folks like it and if they have issues etc.

assuranceagent
April 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Any chance of a WebOS version?

Knight
April 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM
Any chance of a WebOS version?Looks like there are other folks requesting webOS for Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175&highlight=WebOS), you should chime in as well!

drbrumley
April 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM
I am using the free version on blackberry, it's pretty neat.

How did you get it working on your blackberry? I downloaded it but it doesnt work on mine

drbrumley
April 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sweet! Let me know what you think of it and what type of phone you are using it on. It's not our app so I can't help you with tech support but I am very curious as to how other folks like it and if they have issues etc.

Well, I am trying to get it to work on mine. For the Blackberry, it is a beta version so we shall see

SaulToPaul
April 21st, 2010, 05:33 PM
Seems to be hit and miss, doc...mine works half the time

drbrumley
April 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Seems to be hit and miss, doc...mine works half the time

I just found TOL and am logging in, but it seems to be stuck loading :sigh:

drbrumley
April 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM
And you have to scroll over 100 diffrent sites just to find TOL. A handy search field would be handy

bybee
April 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM
If only I knew what you are talking about! I'll have to get one of my grandsons to explain this to me. bybee:confused:

SaulToPaul
April 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
And you have to scroll over 100 diffrent sites just to find TOL. A handy search field would be handy

There was a search field on mine. Once you find TOL, it should save it.

keypurr
April 22nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Sweet, let me know what you think.

Knight, what happened to the web page on the i-PAD?

I got the new i-Pad all set up for TOL and now I do not get the threads. I would rather have it on the web than on the aps your pushing. I find that apps kinda of more work and time to find things.

Please put it back on the web for smaller computers for the 500,000 folks who bought the new i-PAD.

God Bless

sdgareth
April 23rd, 2010, 04:17 AM
I use a Nokia N900 (Op sys is Maemo 5) will this app work on this phone?

sdgareth
April 23rd, 2010, 04:23 AM
went to the tapatalk website, which sent me to the nokia ovi site and got this message
"Sorry, this item is no longer available."

Knight
April 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Knight, what happened to the web page on the i-PAD?

I got the new i-Pad all set up for TOL and now I do not get the threads. I would rather have it on the web than on the aps your pushing. I find that apps kinda of more work and time to find things.

Please put it back on the web for smaller computers for the 500,000 folks who bought the new i-PAD.

God BlessHuh?

TOL looks just fine on a iPad. I don't understand what you mean. We never removed TOL from anything, the Tapatalk app is merely an addition to what we already offer and it doesn't effect viewing TO from the iPad's Safari browser.

keypurr
April 23rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Huh?

TOL looks just fine on a iPad. I don't understand what you mean. We never removed TOL from anything, the Tapatalk app is merely an addition to what we already offer and it doesn't effect viewing TO from the iPad's Safari browser.

It was doing fine on mine also till this week. You posted about yapatalk and I lost the active threads at the same time. I still get the rest of the page but not the threads. I just checked them again, they are gone. Is anyone else having this problem?

I didn't mean to offend you Knight, just telling you what happened on my iPad.

God Bless

Knight
April 24th, 2010, 11:21 AM
It was doing fine on mine also till this week. You posted about yapatalk and I lost the active threads at the same time. I still get the rest of the page but not the threads. I just checked them again, they are gone. Is anyone else having this problem?

I didn't mean to offend you Knight, just telling you what happened on my iPad.

God BlessIt's all good!

Here's the deal... we didn't change anything on TOL.

But I might know what is wrong for you. Every block on the TOL home page or active threads page has a little tiny button on the top right of it that either looks like a minus sign, or a plus sign.

That button collapses the module so that you don't have to see it if you don't want to.

"-" = collapse module (make it invisible)
"+" = uncollapse module (make it visible)

Maybe you accidentally clicked that button on your active threads. If you did, you will see a little "+" button on the top right of where your active threads would be. Just click it again and the active threads module will open back up.

Let me know if that was it. :up:

Knight
June 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Over the weekend we installed an upgrade to our Tapatalk system.

chickenman
June 15th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Cool!
Such a great app! I'll check it out today to see what those upgrades did.

chickenman
August 16th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Still using this app and loving it everyday. You folks should check it out if you haven't tried it yet.

Knight
August 17th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hey Android users..... good news from the Tapatalk folks...

Tapatalk for Android is now available on SlideMe

We have been received a lot of requests from users whereas their countries do not support Google Checkout and would like to purchase Tapatalk Pro for Android. We are pleased to announce that Tapatalk is now available on SlideMe Marketplace! And immediately the app has been featured in SlideMe main screen as one of the top app! You may want to check it out if you had trouble to see our app in the Android Market and are looking for another venue. Check out SlideMe.org (http://SlideMe.org)!

We have also updated Tapatalk for Android to version 1.6.17, with much improved user interface, now the avatars are shown on the topic view along with the reply count and a Gmail-like star button to subscribe and unsubscribe topics! Read what other users say about Tapatalk for Android.

GuySmiley
February 20th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I got this app a few days ago on Windows Phone. When I try to log in it says "Network error: Connection to the server could not be established. This is usually a temporary issue."

I've got that error since Friday. Other forums I've tried work fine. Anything you know about on TOL's end? I'll post about it on tapatalk's support forum also.

chickenman
February 21st, 2011, 06:43 AM
It's been working on the IPhone, GS. Has it not worked since you installed it?

GuySmiley
February 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
It's been working on the IPhone, GS. Has it not worked since you installed it?
No, its never worked for TOL, only since Friday the 18th though. But it works for other forums (that I dont even care to look at lol, I want to see TOL!) I went and registered at a couple others just to test it.

Flipper
February 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Seems to work on my HTC Evo droid phone...

GuySmiley
February 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
I found some info on tapatalk's support forum specific to windows phone that may be the problem, I PM'd Knight.

Knight
February 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM
I found some info on tapatalk's support forum specific to windows phone that may be the problem, I PM'd Knight.I don't want to make the changes that they suggest because we use two different domain names (.com and .net) but I will upload the latest tapatalk software and see if that helps.

Knight
February 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
I just updated the tapatalk plugin. Let me know if that helped.

GuySmiley
February 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks, that fixed it.

Knight
February 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks, that fixed it.Whoa... really? :shocked:

Uh... I knew all along that would do the trick. :noid:

;)

GuySmiley
February 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM
Whoa... really? :shocked:

Uh... I knew all along that would do the trick. :noid:

;)
:chuckle: Of course.

You deserve a cigar!

Knight
February 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM
You deserve a cigar!
hmmmm... I agree with that! :D

Lovejoy
March 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I downloaded if for my fourth gen iPod touch, and I like it better, in some way, then using my laptop. Very, very cool.

Knight
March 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I downloaded if for my fourth gen iPod touch, and I like it better, in some way, then using my laptop. Very, very cool.Isn't it cool?

The app has been updated a TON since it was first released. It's really slick now, I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do. :up:

Knight
March 31st, 2011, 03:23 PM
iPad version JUST ADDED!!!

Sherman
March 31st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Could you please remove the pop up for the app when the Andriod tries to log on? It keeps kicking me back out when I try to log in with my android. I don't use apps because they reduce the graphics. I prefer using full site. I don't even like using a facebook app.

Knight
March 31st, 2011, 09:36 PM
Could you please remove the pop up for the app when the Andriod tries to log on? It keeps kicking me back out when I try to log in with my android. I don't use apps because they reduce the graphics. I prefer using full site. I don't even like using a facebook app.We don't have anything to do with the App itself. It's a product by a company called Tapatalk.

Newman
March 31st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah, but when am I going to be able to smack Greenrage using my microwave? The kitchen is just so far away from my computer, and sometimes I don't have my smart phone on me...

Cricket
June 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
http://www.theologyonline.com/iPhone-TOL.jpg

How would you like to use TOL on you smartphone without the hassle of trying to use your phone's internet browser? Download the Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/)..
Got it! :)

..from tapatalk and nexus s..

unknown
June 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I installed the iPad app yesterday, it works great. I installed the full version on a 1st gen ipad. It saves a lot of time on this slow rural network (AT&T is just now upgrading it's network to 3G out here where I just moved to.)

iH82BdatHERETIC...
April 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I keep getting: "security error: you may not have permission to access." would this have anything to do with the website or is it just the app?

keypurr
April 6th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I have used it daily for almost two years now. Love it.

Knight
May 8th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I recently updated the app and it works even better now. :thumb:

One In Christ
May 8th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I recently updated the app and it works even better now. :thumb:

Quotes are showing author now :D

Knight
May 23rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
More updates have been made to make this even a better user experience.