Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
Hilston said:
It's not merely my thinking, Poly. It's what the Bible teaches. It's what logic demands. It's what makes God trustworthy. In a universe that is random, there can be no trust, no solid confidence, no unwavering assurance. God is only slightly less clueless than man. How long will God sit by and let scores of people funnel into hell? There's nothing He can do to stop it, except end it all now. But He doesn't. I thought you people said your God was loving, relational, personal, good and living. Why then does He not end it all right now? Can't He do the arithmetic? Every day that goes by, He loses more and more souls to hell. Every day that goes by, more and more people are born, the vast majority of which will choose hell instead of Him. With every child that is born, is He crossing His fingers, convincing Himself that "this time it will be different"? That is a psychotic God who is disconnected from reality. That is the Open Theist God.

On the Settled View, God inexorably saves each and every person that Christ died for. He doesn't lose a single one. Everyone for whom Christ shed His blood has full assurance, an absolute guarantee of salvation, and can trust God fully to work all things for the good of His elect. Even in the midst of the evil that befalls us, we can be absolutely sure that God has decreed it for His good purposes, just like Job, just like Joseph, just like Paul. Each of these men knew that God's decrees of evil would bring about only the good and the best for His elect. In that they could confidently rest.

Though you made a great post entitled, "The Existentialism of Bob Hill", I cannot agree with you that God created sin. If God created sin then God is unjust in prosecuting sin. God does not create enemies on purpose. man chose to become the enemy of God. God does not choose to work against and oppose His own purpose. If he did then he would be a candidate for the nut house because he would be a sycophantic. God would be double minded and work against his own purpose. You need some adjustment in thinking on this subject. By saying such stupid things you make an easy target for for marginalization in all the Christian world and not just for the OVer alone.
<!-- / message -->

Context

E4e, this post is so great. Despite our differences, it's so wonderful to see a person who, ultimately, has such a love and reverence for our truly wonderful and mighty God, that he simply cannot stand by and watch Him be disrespected.

Thank you for this. It has truly blessed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.