JOHN 8:56 ABRAHAM REJOICED

DougE

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

God would make great the name of Abraham (Genesis 12:2 Hebrews 7:4).

Abraham would be a blessing to the whole earth (Genesis 12:3).

Abraham was promised the land (Genesis 13:5).

Abraham rejoiced to see the day that Jesus was here on earth to confirm the promises made unto him (Romans 15:8).

Abraham was looking for a city built by God (Hebrews 11:10 Revelation 21:2) which would be found in the promised kingdom on earth as established by Christ (Daniel 2:44 Matthew 4:17). Jesus would fufill the new covenant and bring Israel into the promised land (Ezekiel 36:28). In the prophetic kingdom it would be fulfilled that Abraham would be a blessing to the whole earth (Isaiah 2:2-3 Isaiah60:3).

Jesus being God in the flesh (John 8:58 Romans 9:5 1 Timothy 3:16) was the one who could fulfill all that was promised to Abraham.