Transubstantiation??

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
I have questions for the cannibals.

What flesh are you gnawing on when you eat Jesus' flesh. Is it the the mortal flesh of mortal man or the immortal spiritual flesh that he was raised with?

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Who's gung-ho for eating some flesh of sin on Sunday?

Not me! cause God has forbid eating the blood of anything. And that law has carried over into the new testament. Read Acts chapter 15 to be in the know. And stay away from the blood sausage.

lowellwballard

I think this gets to the core of the communion/mass debate. Note that both downplay our roll as followers of Jesus, so I think both miss the major point of the ritual:

4 of 95: The willingness to be killed for doing what is right, true and virtuous is the true meaning of being a “follower” of Jesus. This is the true theology of the cross, “oneness” with Christ. It builds strong community, it is powerful against our evil tendencies, it allows us to maximize eternal value, it is ultimate self-control and is the true meaning symbolized in baptism and the cup of communion.

Aimiel

I think this gets to the core of the communion/mass debate. Note that both downplay our roll as followers of Jesus, so I think both miss the major point of the ritual:

4 of 95: The willingness to be killed for doing what is right, true and virtuous is the true meaning of being a “follower” of Jesus. This is the true theology of the cross, “oneness” with Christ. It builds strong community, it is powerful against our evil tendencies, it allows us to maximize eternal value, it is ultimate self-control and is the true meaning symbolized in baptism and the cup of communion.
Amen, amen and AMEN!!! It is also the single second-most important message that WAY too many pastors (so-called) fail to preach to their congregations. The MOST important being: how to hear the Voice of God for yourself. :thumb: