E4E'S SPOD 7-31-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

elected4ever

Why you might be going to hell...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People do not go to hell for their own sin, but for Adam's sin.

Is it fair?

How did sin enter the world?

Romans 5:12

"Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world"

Paul says that sin entered the world through "one man"

How did death enter the world?

"...and death through sin"

Therefore the death that came through sin, was the "one man's" sin.

How many people did death spread to?

"...and so death spread to all men, because all sinned"

The answer is "all men".

Paul will tell us soon enough why "all sinned".

Was sin in the world before there was Law?

Romans 5:13

"for until the Law sin was in the world"

The simple answer here was "Yes".

Was sin held to anyone's account before the Law?

Romans 5:13

"...but sin is not imputed when there is no law."

Paul's answer is "No". Sin was not held to anyone's account (imputed) before the law.

Did anyone die because of their sin before the Law?

Romans 5:14

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam"

The answer is "No". As Paul already stated that death reigned (from Adam to Moses) because of "one man's" sin. They died because of Adam's sin, not their own. They had not sinned as Adam had sinned, but because of his sin, death continued to reign on all men. Their sin was not imputed, because there was no law. Both spiritual and physical death resulted from "one man's" sin.

Is Adam a type of the One to come? In what way?

Romans 5:14

"...who is a type of Him who was to come."

The answer is "yes".

Romans 5:15 (in what way)

"But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

Adam is the anti-type. Men died because of "one man's" transgression (not their own). In the same way men live because of the grace of one Man.

How many died because of one man?

Romans 5:15

"For if by the transgression of the one the many died"

Adam did not die physically on the day he ate. Adam was separated from God spiritually. It is the same death that Paul is referencing here. No one was alive spiritually after Adam's transgression, as we shall see in a moment.

Did the judgment of God and condemnation of all men result from each person's sin, or one man's sin?

Romans 5:16

"And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification."

Paul states that the judgment arose from ONE transgression resulting in condemnation. All men are condemned because of "one man's" sin. All men are judged because of "one man's" sin, not their own.

Are men dead because of their sin, or does death reign because of one man's sin? Who is the one man?

Romans 5:17

"For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ."

Death reigned because of "one man's" sin, not their own sin. Adam died spiritually when he sinned.

How many people are condemned because of one man's sin?

Romans 5:18

"So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

All men are condemned because of "one man's" sin. Paul just stated that they had not sinned in the likeness of Adam, and yet they were condemned and dead because of Adam's sin.

Are people made sinners because of their own sin, or because of the sin of one man?

Romans 5:19

"For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners"

Men sin (murder, adultery, etc) because they are made sinners from "one man's" disobedience. Paul just said it. Righteousness is a gift because of one Man's obedience. It does not mean that everyone does everything right. You cannot make man unrighteous because of what they do, unless you make everyone righteous because of what they do. Paul is making a very clear comparison of these two men. One brought sin, death, judgment, and condemnation to all men because of his one transgression. Jesus brings the justification of life to all men because of His one act of righteousness. You do not pass anything on to your kids. Adam passed sin and death on to all men. Paul just said so. Men are dead, and they need life. Jesus took away that which Adam did to condemn all men. We are saved by His life (Romans 5:10)

Are men righteous because of their own obedience, or the obedience of one man?

Romans 5:19

"...even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous"

We are righteous because He makes us righteous. It is a gift. It is not volitional.

All men are made sinners because of one man's sin.

All men are dead because of one man's sin.

All men are condemned because of one man's sin.

People go to hell because of one man's sin, not their own sin.

People go to heaven because of One Man's righteousness, not their own righteousness.

You do not deserve to go to hell for your behavior anymore than you deserve to go to heaven for your behavior.

- - - - - - - - - -
:first: Good job SOZO!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All men are condemned because of one man's sin.

People go to hell because of one man's sin, not their own sin.
Uhg!!!

That's awful. :down:

God would say....

Ezekiel 18:2 “What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying: ‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes, And the children’s teeth are set on edge’? 3 “As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel. 4 “Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.

Sozo

Knight said:
Uhg!!!

God would say....

Ezekiel 18:2 “What do you mean when you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying: ‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes, And the children’s teeth are set on edge’? 3 “As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “you shall no longer use this proverb in Israel. 4 “Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.

All men are condemned because of "one man's" sin. All men are judged because of "one man's" sin, not their own. Your ONE verse out of Ezekiel is taken way out of context. God was speaking to them as a nation who would not be responsible for the past sins of their fathers in relation to God's physical judgment at that time upon Israel. Paul is speaking in context to the gospel of salvation available to all men. All men are sinners because of Adam's sin, and ALL men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God because ALL men are in Adam.

"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive."

The context of the statement "in Adam" is a state of being, not an example.

btw... thanks e4e! :e4e:

elected4ever

Knight said:
Uhg!!!

That is because you are ignorant of the fact that salvation comes from God. Not man. You even have a reading disorder.

John 6:28 *¶Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 *Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30 *They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31 *Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32 *Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 *For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34 *Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35 *And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 *But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37 *All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 *For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 *And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.[

Status
Not open for further replies.