Theology Proper and the Existence and Attributes of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When we think about God, what can be learned and what can we know? The knowledge of God is a great undertaking that we should all make. To learn of and about Him.

The Existence and Attributes of God is one book that I have not read that I would like to read. An entire Bible College has been named after this Puritan writer, Stephen Charnock.

We can learn about God through study of His creation. And of His Word.

What can you contribute to this study from what you have learned?

Jacob

DISCOURSE I.

ON THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.

Psalm xiv. 1.—The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

DISCOURSE II.

ON PRACTICAL ATHEISM.

Psalm xiv. 1.—The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

DISCOURSE III.

ON GOD’S BEING A SPIRIT.

John iv. 24.—God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

DISCOURSE IV.

ON SPIRITUAL WORSHIP.

John iv. 24.—God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

DISCOURSE V.

ON THE ETERNITY OF GOD.

Psalm xc. 2.—Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

DISCOURSE VI.

ON THE IMMUTABILITY OF GOD.

Psalm cii. 26, 27.—They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old as a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

DISCOURSE VII.

ON GOD’S OMNIPRESENCE.

Jeremiah xxiii. 24.—Can any hide himself in secret places, that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

DISCOURSE VIII.

ON GOD’S KNOWLEDGE.

Psalm cxlvii. 5.—Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

DISCOURSE IX.

ON THE WISDOM OF GOD.

Romans xvi. 27.—To God only wise be glory, through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

DISCOURSE X.

ON THE POWER OF GOD.

Job xxvi. 14.—Lo! these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

DISCOURSE XI.

ON THE HOLINESS OF GOD.

Exodus xv. 11.—Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

DISCOURSE XII.

ON THE GOODNESS OF GOD.

Mark x. 18.—And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God.

DISCOURSE XIII.

ON GOD’S DOMINION.

Psalm ciii. 19.—The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens: and his kingdom ruleth over all.

DISCOURSE XIV.

ON GOD’S PATIENCE.

Nahum i. 3.—The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Capricorn

BANNED
Banned
When we think about God, what can be learned and what can we know? The knowledge of God is a great undertaking that we should all make. To learn of and about Him.

The Existence and Attributes of God is one book that I have not read that I would like to read. An entire Bible College has been named after this Puritan writer, Stephen Charnock.

Jacob

DISCOURSE I.

ON THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.

DISCOURSE II.

ON PRACTICAL ATHEISM.

DISCOURSE III.

ON GOD’S BEING A SPIRIT.

DISCOURSE IV.

ON SPIRITUAL WORSHIP.

DISCOURSE V.

ON THE ETERNITY OF GOD.

Psalm xc. 2.—Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

DISCOURSE VI.

Psalm cii. 26, 27.—They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old as a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

DISCOURSE VII.

ON GOD’S OMNIPRESENCE.

Jeremiah xxiii. 24.—Can any hide himself in secret places, that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

DISCOURSE VIII.

ON GOD’S KNOWLEDGE.

Psalm cxlvii. 5.—Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

DISCOURSE IX.

ON THE WISDOM OF GOD.

DISCOURSE X.

ON THE POWER OF GOD.

Job xxvi. 14.—Lo! these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

DISCOURSE XI.

ON THE HOLINESS OF GOD.

Exodus xv. 11.—Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

DISCOURSE XII.

ON THE GOODNESS OF GOD.

Mark x. 18.—And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God.

DISCOURSE XIII.

ON GOD’S DOMINION.

Psalm ciii. 19.—The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens: and his kingdom ruleth over all.

DISCOURSE XIV.

ON GOD’S PATIENCE.

Nahum i. 3.—The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

A logical Non sequitur. You insinuate that Jesus does not speak on behalf of God unless he speaks and behaves like God; but he still has authority to send you to hell, regardless of the words spoken, and regardless of how he behaves.

You are looking for Ad Hominem to discredit the divine will and also to discredit the Judgment authority of Christ regarding your eventual demise on the day of Judgment.

Nevertheless, I am absolutely confident that you are wrong and you will not survive the day of Judgment: Matthew 7:15, 21, 22, 23, 13:40, 41, 42, 25:41, Revelation 20:10, 15, 21:8.

There is no place in heaven for people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capricorn

BANNED
Banned

Jacob

DISCOURSE I.

ON THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.

DISCOURSE II.

ON PRACTICAL ATHEISM.

DISCOURSE III.

ON GOD’S BEING A SPIRIT.

DISCOURSE IV.

ON SPIRITUAL WORSHIP.

DISCOURSE V.

ON THE ETERNITY OF GOD.

DISCOURSE VI.

DISCOURSE VII.

ON GOD’S OMNIPRESENCE.

DISCOURSE VIII.

ON GOD’S KNOWLEDGE.

DISCOURSE IX.

ON THE WISDOM OF GOD.

DISCOURSE X.

ON THE POWER OF GOD.

DISCOURSE XI.

ON THE HOLINESS OF GOD.

DISCOURSE XII.

ON THE GOODNESS OF GOD.

DISCOURSE XIII.

ON GOD’S DOMINION.

DISCOURSE XIV.

ON GOD’S PATIENCE.

What do you know about “Theology proper” with your BA degree by distance learning?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A logical Non sequitur. You insinuate that Jesus does not speak on behalf of God unless he speaks and behaves like God; but he still has authority to send you to hell, regardless of the words spoken, and regardless of how he behaves.
Please explain.
You are looking for Ad Hominem to discredit the divine will and also to discredit the Judgment authority of Christ regarding your eventual demise on the day of Judgment.
I do not know what you mean by this. You can explain if you would like to.
Nevertheless, I am absolutely confident that you are wrong and you will not survive the day of Judgment: Matthew 7:15, 21, 22, 23, 13:40, 41, 42, 25:41, Revelation 20:10, 15, 21:8.
I do not know what you believe me to be wrong about. Your Scripture is good.
There is no place in heaven for people like you.
Interesting of you to say this. I do not know why you have done so.

What do you know about “Theology proper” with your BA degree by distance learning?
I have an A.S., an A.A., a 1 year Bible School diploma, and two B.S. degrees. I have also graduated from The School of Biblical Evangelism. The seminary courses that I have taken were free and online. I have taken courses in Apologetics and Judaism as well. My second year at Bible School was as an Intern, working in Maintenance.

I typed Theology Proper into a search engine, and saw it to mean what I meant. I have known about the book since I was a child. I had the book in my library. However, this online version has been available since 2016. I am interested in both Theology Proper and the Existence and Attributes of God since I have had an interest in Theology and Apologetics, receiving a secular understanding of philosophy from Community College.

Colossians 2:8 NASB - See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
DISCOURSE I.

ON THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
(Rom. iii. 9). “We have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
(Ps. x. 11, 13), “He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten; he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.”