Demonstrating The Holy Spirit

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DEMONSTRATING THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE WORD OF GOD
John 1:1-4
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
John 14:15-16
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
John 14:24-26
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 5:37
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
Heb 1:1-2
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:5-10
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)
XXXXXXXX To demonstrate the Holy Spirit is to quote the verses(Word). Jesus only spoke the words of God, the Holy Spirit only quoted the words of God. We are to demonstrate and follow their example of obedience to the Word of God.

xxx Paul would demonstrate the Spirit . We are to demonstrate the Holy Spirit> If you stop the verses you stop the demonstration of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. Paul would answer questions with the verses to show the people who the Holy Spirit is and how He teaches us. Its the Hidden Language of the Holy Spirit. An Unknown tongue.

1 Cor 2:4-7
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
XXXXXXXX To demonstrate the Holy Spirit is to quote the verses(Word). Jesus only spoke the words of God, the Holy Spirit only quoted the words of God. We are to demonstrate and follow their example of obedience to the Word of God.
Please quote Book, Chapter and verse that says the Spirit only quotes verses.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Please quote Book, Chapter and verse that says the Spirit only quotes verses.

I said
I have over and over.

The Holy Spirit will teach us by quoting the verses that Jesus has said. Already said to you.
[Jhn 14:26
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit is not allowed to speak to us any other way on His own authority.
[Jhn 16:13-14
[13] "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
[14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Holy Spirit will teach us by quoting the verses that Jesus has said. Already said to you.

[Jhn 14:26
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Jesus says "all things that I said to you"

subtil squeaky says "the verses"

i'm gonna go with Jesus on this one

Aimiel

Jesus also said that He (The Holy Spirit) would show us things to come. I don't see how He could show us future events by quoting Scripture. I've often had visions and even feelings which warned me of trouble and how to avoid it; which were given by The Holy Spirit. He also speaks to us whatsoever He wills and isn't restricted to only quoting Scriptures; our God is alive and says and does whatever He wants and will never fit into a box or be limited by how someone twists His Holy Word to try to limit Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus also said that He (The Holy Spirit) would show us things to come. I don't see how He could show us future events by quoting Scripture. I've often had visions and even feelings which warned me of trouble and how to avoid it; which were given by The Holy Spirit. He also speaks to us whatsoever He wills and isn't restricted to only quoting Scriptures; our God is alive and says and does whatever He wants and will never fit into a box or be limited by how someone twists His Holy Word to try to limit Him.

You sound like Pentecostal.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
How do you know it was the Holy Spirit? God sends angels to warn people all the time.

Aimiel

I said
How do you know it was the Holy Spirit? God sends angels to warn people all the time.
A little thing that is called 'discernment.' There are many voices. We have to have discernment to know the difference. It isn't inherent, it's a gift from God, just like salvation is. The inward witness gives us insight. One way we know it's from Him is the peace that comes with His Presence. He gives us knowledge of future events and warnings that might just save our lives and the Words He says to us always align with and confirm Scripture and give us the liberty to deliver prophecies and sermons in His stead as His ambassador.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
A little thing that is called 'discernment.' There are many voices. We have to have discernment to know the difference. It isn't inherent, it's a gift from God, just like salvation is. The inward witness gives us insight. One way we know it's from Him is the peace that comes with His Presence. He gives us knowledge of future events and warnings that might just save our lives and the Words He says to us always align with and confirm Scripture and give us the liberty to deliver prophecies and sermons in His stead as His ambassador.

I said
Its sad to see you looking for signs instead of the real Holy Spirit. Guilt comes from ones conscience. And a person with an evil conscience will be at peace even while doing evil. The devil is very deceiving.

[Mat 12:39
[39] But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

[Mat 24:24
[24] "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you cant quote your answer from the new testament, your not led by the Holy Spirit. If you dont have a verse with your answer you dont even have the support of the Holy Spirit. Your just guessing. And you dont know who you got your answer from.