ECT The LORD God of Division

john w

Hall of Fame
Intra-dispensational principle: The LORD God of Division

"...and God divided the light from the darkness." Genesis 1:4 KJV

With Christmas approaching, I am reminded of the annual David Bowie/Bing Crosby rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy". Mr. Bowie sings the oft-repeated phrase "Peace on Earth" as its main message. This is the predominantly Christ-rejecting world's interpretation/understanding of the message of Christmas. However, according to the Holy Bible, which is "...true from the beginning...."(Psalms 119:160 KJV), this is not the message of Christmas.

Yes, the words "peace on earth" are in the Holy Bible, but they are not in the Christmas account. The Lord Jesus Christ does speak of "peace on earth":

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

Notice: a sword divides/separates-it does not unify/"bring together"

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:..." Luke 12:51 KJV

Both times the Lord Jesus Christ spoke of "peace on earth", he said, in simple terms that left no doubt as to his intended meaning, that he was not bringing it. He did not bring it when he was on earth, and he does not bring it today. And the verse the "world" traditionally understands(and embraces) to say "peace on earth", actually says:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14 KJV

Not peace between men....Details....This speaks of God's peace toward each man in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ- not peace between men.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the "great divider." The world is quite willing to accept a "sweet little baby lying in the manger", but mention the Lord Jesus Christ and his cross, and that he is a "...man of war...."(Exodus 15:3 KJV), and he, and anyone that proclaims his message, becomes unwelcome guests, with "...no room for them in the inn"(Luke 2:7 KJV)-division.

The same inevitable fate awaits those that are faithful to "right division"-you will be in the minority, and you will be the cause of division. But "...Be of good cheer..."(Acts 23:11 KJV). Scripturally, strength in numbers is not only ill-founded, it is not true. Scripture provides abundant testimony to this fact. Consider "the minority":

Noah-only 7 people saved by the LORD through Noah. And yet Noah is called "...a preacher of righteousness...." in 2 Peter 2:5 KJV -this should be an encouragement to those who feel they are the only one preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

Joseph-all his brothers opposed him

David- took on a giant

Elijah- outnumbered 450 to one(1 Kings 18:22 KJV)

Gideon-Had only 300 men(31,700 eliminated -Judges 6-7 KJV)

Paul- "...all men forsook me...."(2 Tim. 4:16 KJV).

The Lord Jesus Christ-No commentary is needed here.

What this world, and "Christianity" needs is not more "popular" teaching, but more unpopular preaching. I say "Split, split, split, and keep splitting." Split until the light of right division cuts through all the smoke and fog.

I know, I know....You are mean spirited, intolerant, a bully, my dear misguided John W., not reflecting the sweet Spirit of the Lowly Galilean fisherman.....We will pray for you....

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;

glorydaz

I don't mind being in the minority. I just wish we could spend more time on right division and less time debating those who think righteousness comes from the law.

When people say they are to fulfil the commandment to love their neighbor, I have to suspect there will be one of two results. One is a feeling of guilt, if they're honest with themselves, and realize they aren't succeeding in pulling it off, and the other, if they are fooling themselves and claim they do just that, results in nothing but spiritual pride.

So what does trying to keep the law cause? Either guilt or pride.

Better to just admit that the law could only be fulfilled IN US by the Lord Jesus Christ. But, will they do that? I don't see it happening.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't mind being in the minority. I just wish we could spend more time on right division and less time debating those who think righteousness comes from the law.

When people say they are to fulfil the commandment to love their neighbor, I have to suspect there will be one of two results. One is a feeling of guilt, if they're honest with themselves, and realize they aren't succeeding in pulling it off, and the other, if they are fooling themselves and claim they do just that, results in nothing but spiritual pride.

So what does trying to keep the law cause? Either guilt or pride.

Better to just admit that the law could only be fulfilled IN US by the Lord Jesus Christ. But, will they do that? I don't see it happening.

What does it mean that the law is fulfilled in us by the Lord Jesus Christ?

I believe that God teaches us in Jesus Christ what it means to live the way that He wants us to. Including what we say, which in my case can be improved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Intra-dispensational principle: The LORD God of Division

"...and God divided the light from the darkness." Genesis 1:4 KJV

With Christmas approaching, I am reminded of the annual David Bowie/Bing Crosby rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy". Mr. Bowie sings the oft-repeated phrase "Peace on Earth" as its main message. This is the predominantly Christ-rejecting world's interpretation/understanding of the message of Christmas. However, according to the Holy Bible, which is "...true from the beginning...."(Psalms 119:160 KJV), this is not the message of Christmas.

Yes, the words "peace on earth" are in the Holy Bible, but they are not in the Christmas account. The Lord Jesus Christ does speak of "peace on earth":

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

Notice: a sword divides/separates-it does not unify/"bring together"

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:..." Luke 12:51 KJV

Both times the Lord Jesus Christ spoke of "peace on earth", he said, in simple terms that left no doubt as to his intended meaning, that he was not bringing it. He did not bring it when he was on earth, and he does not bring it today. And the verse the "world" traditionally understands(and embraces) to say "peace on earth", actually says:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14 KJV

Not peace between men....Details....This speaks of God's peace toward each man in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ- not peace between men.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the "great divider." The world is quite willing to accept a "sweet little baby lying in the manger", but mention the Lord Jesus Christ and his cross, and that he is a "...man of war...."(Exodus 15:3 KJV), and he, and anyone that proclaims his message, becomes unwelcome guests, with "...no room for them in the inn"(Luke 2:7 KJV)-division.

The same inevitable fate awaits those that are faithful to "right division"-you will be in the minority, and you will be the cause of division. But "...Be of good cheer..."(Acts 23:11 KJV). Scripturally, strength in numbers is not only ill-founded, it is not true. Scripture provides abundant testimony to this fact. Consider "the minority":

Noah-only 7 people saved by the LORD through Noah. And yet Noah is called "...a preacher of righteousness...." in 2 Peter 2:5 KJV -this should be an encouragement to those who feel they are the only one preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

Joseph-all his brothers opposed him

David- took on a giant

Elijah- outnumbered 450 to one(1 Kings 18:22 KJV)

Gideon-Had only 300 men(31,700 eliminated -Judges 6-7 KJV)

Paul- "...all men forsook me...."(2 Tim. 4:16 KJV).

The Lord Jesus Christ-No commentary is needed here.

What this world, and "Christianity" needs is not more "popular" teaching, but more unpopular preaching. I say "Split, split, split, and keep splitting." Split until the light of right division cuts through all the smoke and fog.

I know, I know....You are mean spirited, intolerant, a bully, my dear misguided John W., not reflecting the sweet Spirit of the Lowly Galilean fisherman.....We will pray for you....

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;

john w,

Thank you for sharing these things.

Shalom.

Jacob