THE RIGHT HANDS OF FELLOWSHIP

DougE

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

At first, Peter, as well as Jesus, preached the gospel of the Kingdom. Israel was to repent and believe on the name of Jesus as their Messiah, that He is the Son of God; confess and be baptized. Jesus promised that he would then bring down the Kingdom of Heaven to earth, wherein, believing Israel and the twelve Apostles would rule with Christ.

The gospel of the circumcision preached that the promise of the gospel of the Kingdom was assured by the resurrection of Christ.

The Kingdom of Heaven is the earthly reign of Jesus as King; the twelve Apostles will rule with Christ; Israel will be a light of salvation to the Gentiles. Believing Israel would be a nation of kings and priests unto God. This gospel also preached the receiving of the Holy Ghost.

The gospel of the uncircumcision preached that the cross, the death of Christ, the blood of Christ, provided forgiveness of sin; the resurrection of Christ provided justification unto eternal life. Paul preached that the Gentiles are fellow heirs. Paul taught that the wall of seperation between Jew and Gentile was abolished; that there was one body, the Body of Christ.

2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Paul did not refute Peter's, or any of the others, apostleship. There was no accusation from Paul that Peter's gospel was heresy, that Peter was wrong, that he was preaching a false gospel.
James, Cephas and John were in one accord, along with Paul, that Paul and Peter should continue their distinctive ministries.There was no animosity between Paul and Peter. It was recognized that Paul received a ministry from the Lord Jesus.

By the gospels of Peter and Paul, God was reconciling heaven and earth to Himself. Peter's gospel was valid for Israel until their fall. God would resume His dealings with Israel and the gospel of the Kingdom would be preached once again in the last days, in the tribulation.
Paul desired unity between the gospel of the Kingdom, and gospel of the uncircumcision saints and the Body of Christ saints.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter's gospel was valid for Israel until their fall.
Hello, DougE.
Nice post.

I wanted to concentrate on the part above that I quoted from you.

There has been some confusion on which gospel Peter was saved under.
In other words, when the fall of Israel did occur, did Peter then have to switch to preaching Paul's gospel of the uncircumcision to anyone that wanted to be saved?
Was Peter saved through his circumcision ministry, or did he have to become of the BOC with Paul's uncircumcision ministry in order to be saved (after the fall of Israel)?

How would you respond to those that are confused on the point?

DougE

Hello, DougE.
Nice post.

I wanted to concentrate on the part above that I quoted from you.

There has been some confusion on which gospel Peter was saved under.
In other words, when the fall of Israel did occur, did Peter then have to switch to preaching Paul's gospel of the uncircumcision to anyone that wanted to be saved?
Was Peter saved through his circumcision ministry, or did he have to become of the BOC with Paul's uncircumcision ministry in order to be saved (after the fall of Israel)?

How would you respond to those that are confused on the point?

Peter was saved by believing God.
Peter believed on the name of Jesus as Christ and Son of God and was saved by faith to eternal life.
There are different gospels in the Bible
Everyone who believes the gospel revealed for their time is saved to eternal life.
Each gospel message is based on the only provision for salvation, the blood and resurrection of Jesus.
Peter preached the gospel of the Kingdom, wherein Israel as a nation, would inherit the earthly Kingdom, with Christ on the throne of David.
When Israel fell this Kingdom is interrupted by our dispensation of Grace. It will resume in the tribulation.
All the kingdom saints who believed only on the name of Christ, that He is Christ, the Son of God, were saved to eternal life. Some learned more perfectly the gospel of Paul, but they were already justified.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter was saved by believing God.
Peter believed on the name of Jesus as Christ and Son of God and was saved by faith to eternal life.
There are different gospels in the Bible
Everyone who believes the gospel revealed for their time is saved to eternal life.
Each gospel message is based on the only provision for salvation, the blood and resurrection of Jesus.
Peter preached the gospel of the Kingdom, wherein Israel as a nation, would inherit the earthly Kingdom, with Christ on the throne of David.
When Israel fell this Kingdom is interrupted by our dispensation of Grace. It will resume in the tribulation.
All the kingdom saints who believed only on the name of Christ, that He is Christ, the Son of God, were saved to eternal life. Some learned more perfectly the gospel of Paul, but they were already justified.
OK, I don't think any of us disagreed that Peter was saved so that is not the issue.

The issue is ........ if the kingdom gospel was interrupted and put on hold, then was Peter to stop preaching the kingdom gospel and start preaching the same gospel as Paul was preaching when Israel fell (and thus put on hold)?
Or to ask another way ..... if the gospel of the kingdom could save one to eternal life by believing Jesus Christ was the Son of God, then was that kingdom gospel message that could save considered to be nullified when Israel fell and could no longer save one to eternal life and will not save anyone UNTIL the time that GOD deals with Israel again in the future?
During this present time (while Israel is fallen) can a Jew be saved by belief in the kingdom gospel only, or is the only gospel that can save AT THIS PRESENT TIME the one that Paul preached?

These type questions have been kicked around by several here at this site, but there are still some confused as to how the kingdom gospel could give eternal life, but when Israel fell it could no longer do that.
So I was just wondering if you had a different way to explain it in detail that might shed a moment of clarity for some.
Sometimes folks don't catch on until it is stated in a different way they can comprehend.

I, personally, believe that salvation through the kingdom gospel was put on hold just as Israel has been, and that only Paul's gospel to the whole world (no distinction between Jew and Gentile) can give eternal life AT THIS TIME.

Thanks for you patience in discussing this.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
This is nothing but a fly-by trolling post and does NOTHING to address the thread content.

An inquiry was stated and the answers are just full-on dispensationalism, as if nothing be explained any other way.
Seems a whole lot more like sneaky indoctrination.

DougE

OK, I don't think any of us disagreed that Peter was saved so that is not the issue.

The issue is ........ if the kingdom gospel was interrupted and put on hold, then was Peter to stop preaching the kingdom gospel and start preaching the same gospel as Paul was preaching when Israel fell (and thus put on hold)?

Peter faded through out the book of Acts. Peter preached the coming kingdom and the gospel of the kingdom will be preached again in the tribulation.

Peter had his own ministry and apostleship. Jesus revealed the gospel of Grace to Paul only, Paul said it is my gospel. Peter wrote 1st and 2nd Peter to the scattered Jews undergoing persecution and for the tribulation period. Peter cant be found preaching Paul's gospel.

Or to ask another way ..... if the gospel of the kingdom could save one to eternal life by believing Jesus Christ was the Son of God, then was that kingdom gospel message that could save considered to be nullified when Israel fell and could no longer save one to eternal life and will not save anyone UNTIL the time that GOD deals with Israel again in the future?

There was a transition period in the book of Acts but Paul's gospel is the only gospel for the dispensation of grace, which is where we are today.

During this present time (while Israel is fallen) can a Jew be saved by belief in the kingdom gospel only, or is the only gospel that can save AT THIS PRESENT TIME the one that Paul preached?

Paul preached Jesus as the Christ,the Son of God and taught from the law and prophets but he preached the progressive revelation of the cross, that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again as the gospel for Jew or Gentile. The kingdom gospel is not preached by Paul.

These type questions have been kicked around by several here at this site, but there are still some confused as to how the kingdom gospel could give eternal life, but when Israel fell it could no longer do that.
So I was just wondering if you had a different way to explain it in detail that might shed a moment of clarity for some.
Sometimes folks don't catch on until it is stated in a different way they can comprehend.

I, personally, believe that salvation through the kingdom gospel was put on hold just as Israel has been, and that only Paul's gospel to the whole world (no distinction between Jew and Gentile) can give eternal life AT THIS TIME.

Thanks for you patience in discussing this.

DougE

The gospel of the Kingdom is not being preached today. Paul was given a dispensation of the gospel that is for today. 1 Corinthians 9:17 The gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the future tribulation. Matthew 24:14

Apple7

The Kingdom of Heaven is the earthly reign of Jesus as King; the twelve Apostles will rule with Christ; Israel will be a light of salvation to the Gentiles. Believing Israel would be a nation of kings and priests unto God. This gospel also preached the receiving of the Holy Ghost.

The Kingdom of Heaven does NOT take place on planet earth...hence the name 'Heaven'.

What is known as our 1K earthly reign with Christ – we are in that right now.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Kingdom of Heaven does NOT take place on planet earth...hence the name 'Heaven'.

What is known as our 1K earthly reign with Christ – we are in that right now.

Made up-there will be a literal kingdom of heaven upon the earth, "of heaven" refers to it's origin, source, authority-"the third heaven." Of course, being the ignorant one that you are, you are clueless, to the fact that there are more than one "heaven's," in the book.

Read it-----land, upon the earth:

Deuteronomy 11:21KJV that your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

Read it-as the days of heaven upon the earth.

No literal, earthly 1000 year kingdom as suggested by your post? Consider:

Columbo: The Case of the Sinless Man on Earth

or

Evidence there will be literal "thousand year"(Revelation 20:2- 7) KJV reign of the Lord Jesus Christ-"... as the days of heaven

All Christians should agree that The Lord Jesus Christ was the only man that has ever walked the earth to this point in time(2018) who had no sin: 2 Cor. 5:21 kJV; Hebrews 4:15 KJV, Hebrews 7:26 KJV; 1 John 3:5 KJV; Luke 23:4 KJV; John 18:38 KJV, John 19:4-6 KJV. Is this not a "basic doctrine" of Christianity, and a pre-requisite for the Lord Jesus Christ being our kinsman-redeemer? Notice:

"Who did no sin, NEITHER WAS GUILE FOUND IN HIS MOUTH(emphasis mine)". 1 Peter 2:22 KJV

But notice:

"Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, IN WHOM IS NO GUILE!(emphasis mine)" John 1:47 KJV

How is this possible-Nathanael is characterized as a man on earth "in whom is no guile"?

The solution:

Part of the definition of a prophet is "one who speaks for another"(for eg., Moses speaking on behalf of the LORD, Aaron speaking for Moses-Exodus 4:12-15 KJV("put words in his mouth"),16("thy spokesman"); Exodus 7:1 KJV; Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV("will put my words in his mouth").

The Lord Jesus Christ was a prophet, "the prophet": Deut. 18:15 KJV;Mt. 13:57 KJV, Mt.21:11 KJV;Mk. 6:4 KJV; Luke 1:76 KJV, Luke 4:24, KJV, Luke 7:16 KJV, Luke 24:19 KJV;John 1:45 KJV, John 4:44 KJV ,John 6:14 KJV , John 7:40 KJV, John 9:17 KJV; Acts 2:30 KJV, Acts 3:22-23 KJV, Acts 7:37 KJV. The definition fits the Lord Jesus Christ's own admission:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." John 8:28 KJV

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." John 12:49-50 KJV

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." John 14:10 KJV

Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was fulfilling His role as a/the prophet. He was speaking for His Father in Heaven-the words He spoke were His Father's words, not His(as was true for all the prophets).

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee" John 1:48 KJV

And notice if we "...search out a matter...."(Proverbs 25:2 KJV):

"And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon." 1 Kings 4:25 KJV

" But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it." Micah 4:4 KJV

"In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree." Zechariah . 3:10 KJV

Thus, in John 1:47 KJV, the Lord Jesus Christ, in the context of his office "the Prophet", was looking into the future, and providing a glimpse of the ideal conditions that will exist in forthcoming , and promised, millennium kingdom, a time the scripture refers to as the times of "refreshing"(Exodus 31:17 KJV, Isaiah 28:12 KJV, Acts 3:19 KJV), and of the "restitution of all things"(Acts 3:21 KJV). This is the enfolding of the promise that the Lord Jesus Christ shall rule from David's throne(2 Sam. 5 KJV-"the Davidic Covenant"-the covenant which God made with David at the time he revealed to him that Solomon would build the Temple, of which the reign of Solomon pre-figures the millennium reign-a type). Is this not what the Lord had in mind when He states that "...thou shalt see greater things than these...."(John 1:50 KJV)?

This 1000 year reign will be characterized by the righteous reign of the Lord Jesus Christ, and, as J. Dwight Pentecost summarized , a time of peace, joy, comfort, justice, the removal of the curse, no sickness, healing of the deformed, no immaturity, economic prosperity, and Holiness. This holiness will be manifested through the King and the King's subjects, the JEWS. This holiness, this trait of Jews("an Israelite"-John 1:47 KJV) having "...no guile", is realization of the promise of the New Covenant, and this is what the Lord Jesus Christ was alluding to in John.

Indeed, the millennium kingdom will be the fruition, the display, and the fulfillment of 3 covenants promised in The Old Testament-the Abrahamic, the Davidic, and the New Covenant. The Lord Jesus Christ was prophesying partial fulfillment of the New Covenant in John 1:47 KJV. Part of the promise of the New Covenant was that the Jews would be given a new heart, and a new spirit:

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:33 KJV

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: NEITHER SHALL THEY WALK ANY MORE AFTER THE IMAGINATION OF THEIR EVIL HEART(emphasis mine)." Jeremiah 3:17 KJV

"Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: THAT THEY MAY WALK IN MY STATUTES, AND KEEP MINE ORDINANCES, AND DO THEM: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 11:17-20 KJV

As Columbo would say, "That clears that up!"

Apple7

Made up-there will be a literal kingdom of heaven upon the earth, "of heaven" refers to it's origin, source, authority-"the third heaven." Of course, being the ignorant one that you are, you are clueless, to the fact that there are more than one "heaven's," in the book.

Read it-----land, upon the earth:

Deuteronomy 11:21KJV that your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

Read it-as the days of heaven upon the earth.

No.

A passage plucked out of its original context, with utter disregard for the Hebrew for which it stands, will not buttress your assertion.

The Hebrew prep 'al' is best rendered as 'above', and most certainly refers to the physical skies over the present earth, as dictated by the context itself, as well as its usage in legions of other locations.

btw...your poor attempts at 'sarcasm' just make you look desperate...

Apple7

No literal, earthly 1000 year kingdom as suggested by your post? Consider:

Columbo: The Case of the Sinless Man on Earth

or

Evidence there will be literal "thousand year"(Revelation 20:2- 7) KJV reign of the Lord Jesus Christ-"... as the days of heaven

You are letting Rev 20 incorrectly set the tone for your end-times theology.

Once again, consider context...

And they sing a new song, saying, Worthy are You to receive the scroll, and to open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood purchased us to God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and made us to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth. (Rev 5.9 – 10)

Rev 5 informs the reader that it was Jesus’ blood, from His death upon The Cross, which purchased us to God.

Thus, a transaction took place at The Cross. The Greek informs us that a transfer in ownership occurred, where we became Jesus’ possession.

So, from whom did Jesus ‘purchase’ us from?

He purchased us from Satan.

Satan was bound at The Cross.

It was Jesus’ death upon The Cross that transferred our ownership from Satan to that of God.

When Satan was bound, we became Jesus’ property; we were also given a kingdom, earth, in which to reign and rule over, with Christ.

This fact is doubly confirmed in Rev 20.2 – 3, in which Satan is first bound, and then, immediately afterward, Rev 20.4 declares the reigning with Christ.

The period of time that we have to reign on earth (Rev 20.4), is the same time in which Satan is bound (Rev 20.2).

Like many things mentioned in the Book of Revelation, time passage is also recorded with varying epithets.

The ‘1,000 year reign’ of Christ/with Christ (i.e. The First Resurrection) is the period of time commencing from the binding of Satan at the Cross until the final return of Christ. During this period of time, Satan is rendered impotent as far as possessing people – other than that of his demons, which are freely roaming.

Likewise, during this same period of time, mankind is allowed to populate the planet, spread the Gospel, and allow time for The Righteous to come to Christ.

This is what is known as our 1K earthly reign with Christ – we are in it right now.

The ‘1,000 years’ (Rev 20.2 – 7) is also referred to as ‘1260 days of prophecy’ (Rev 11.3); ‘1260 days of nourishment’ (Rev 12.6); ‘time, and times and half a time of nourishment’ (Rev 12.14); and ‘42 months’ (Rev 11.2; 13.5).

The important thing to remember is that numbers mark a time period in which events transpire....but not an exact time period that matches the number.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are letting Rev 20 incorrectly set the tone for your end-times theology.

Once again, consider context...

And they sing a new song, saying, Worthy are You to receive the scroll, and to open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood purchased us to God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and made us to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth. (Rev 5.9 – 10)

Rev 5 informs the reader that it was Jesus’ blood, from His death upon The Cross, which purchased us to God.

Thus, a transaction took place at The Cross. The Greek informs us that a transfer in ownership occurred, where we became Jesus’ possession.

So, from whom did Jesus ‘purchase’ us from?

He purchased us from Satan.

Satan was bound at The Cross.

It was Jesus’ death upon The Cross that transferred our ownership from Satan to that of God.

When Satan was bound, we became Jesus’ property; we were also given a kingdom, earth, in which to reign and rule over, with Christ.

This fact is doubly confirmed in Rev 20.2 – 3, in which Satan is first bound, and then, immediately afterward, Rev 20.4 declares the reigning with Christ.

The period of time that we have to reign on earth (Rev 20.4), is the same time in which Satan is bound (Rev 20.2).

Like many things mentioned in the Book of Revelation, time passage is also recorded with varying epithets.

The ‘1,000 year reign’ of Christ/with Christ (i.e. The First Resurrection) is the period of time commencing from the binding of Satan at the Cross until the final return of Christ. During this period of time, Satan is rendered impotent as far as possessing people – other than that of his demons, which are freely roaming.

Likewise, during this same period of time, mankind is allowed to populate the planet, spread the Gospel, and allow time for The Righteous to come to Christ.

This is what is known as our 1K earthly reign with Christ – we are in it right now.

The ‘1,000 years’ (Rev 20.2 – 7) is also referred to as ‘1260 days of prophecy’ (Rev 11.3); ‘1260 days of nourishment’ (Rev 12.6); ‘time, and times and half a time of nourishment’ (Rev 12.14); and ‘42 months’ (Rev 11.2; 13.5).

The important thing to remember is that numbers mark a time period in which events transpire....but not an exact time period that matches the number.
No, you are a filthy liar, as over 50 verses, testify to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ, will reign, on earth, from Jerusalem, as King of Lings, Lord of Lords, in a dictatorship, installed by God the Father, for what He did at Calvary, 2000+ years ago, glorifying Him, for His glory, not man's ,as that is the ultimate "end game" of the scripture, not man's salvation, which is a mean to an end, of bringing glory to God, with his chosen for service ministers, priests, witnesses, the believing remnant of the nation Israel, as the "head," not the "tail," nation. You've been shown these verses, for years, but you either delete them, ignore them, or craftily dismiss them, with "figurative...symbolic....fulfilled..."

Why are you lying?

Apple7

No, you are a filthy liar, as over 50 verses, testify to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ, will reign, on earth, from Jerusalem, as King of Lings, Lord of Lords, in a dictatorship, installed by God the Father, for what He did at Calvary, 2000+ years ago, with his chosen for service ministers, priests, witnesses, the believing remnant of the nation Israel, as the "head," not the "tail," nation. You've been shown these verses, for years, but you either delete them, ignore them, or craftily dismiss them, with "figurative...symbolic....fulfilled..."

Why are you lying?

You are confusing the temporal earthy reign with Christ, that we are enjoying right now, with that of the Kingdom of Heaven.

john w

Hall of Fame
No.

A passage plucked out of its original context, with utter disregard for the Hebrew for which it stands, will not buttress your assertion.

The Hebrew prep 'al' is best rendered as 'above', and most certainly refers to the physical skies over the present earth, as dictated by the context itself, as well as its usage in legions of other locations.

btw...your poor attempts at 'sarcasm' just make you look desperate...

Made up. You lied-there are 3 heavens, and "of heaven" means, from the book, heaven being its source, origin, authority, so stuff your "context" deception, which you employ with most of prophecy, deceiver.. There is no context-it says "AS the days of heaven upon the earth." Land, baby, despite you flipping the bird at God the Father, and His Christ.

That's slick, deceiver...real slick...But that is how you treat most of prophecy.....waiving your magic wand.Tell me, chump-how long did it take for you to Bing that oh so "original" "desperate" cliche? That's your best volley? Quite weighty, rummy.

And your attempt to weigh in with me, are quite lame, as you're not in my league on this board. Poor Apple Dumpling.

So there.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are confusing the temporal earthy reign with Christ, that we are enjoying right now, with that of the Kingdom of Heaven.

No, you are confusing your poor reading comprehension skills, and lack of spiritual discernment, due to 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV, with confusion on my part, and any alleged error I asserted.

Check.

Apple7

Made up. You lied-there are 3 heavens, and "of heaven" means, from the book, heaven being its source, origin, authority, so stuff your "context" deception, which you employ with most of prophecy, deceiver.. There is no context-it says "AS the days of heaven upon the earth." Land, baby, despite you flipping the bird at God the Father, and His Christ.

That's slick, deceiver...real slick...But that is how you treat most of prophecy.....waiving your magic wand.Tell me, chump-how long did it take for you to Bing that oh so "original" "desperate" cliche? That's your best volley? Quite weighty, rummy.

And your attempt to weigh in with me, are quite lame, as you're not in my league on this board. Poor Apple Dumpling.

So there.

The same exact Hebrew word is used in Deut 21.17 and refers to the RAIN in the heavens.

Does it rain in your Heaven?

john w

Hall of Fame
I need to apologize to member Apple-I thought he was relevant on this site:

His profile:
This page has had 279 visits

You are dismissed, Col. Klink, as the LORD God has check you out, as has TOL, and you do not matter, being a mere *.

Apple7

No, you are confusing your poor reading comprehension skills, and lack of spiritual discernment, due to 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV, with confusion on my part, and any alleged error I asserted.

Check.

Contrary to popular modern belief, ‘The God of this age’, (ho Theos tou aiōnos toutou), actually pertains to Jesus Christ and NOT Satan, and provides yet another potent scriptural proof for Jesus’ deity.