• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolution is a falsehood

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]There is a creator God because there is no evidence of evolution taking place on this earth. Evolution is a theory not a fact. Life on this planet is diminishing, not advancing. The very first life forms on this planet are still basically the same. The rock strata shows that while one group suddenly died out, another suddenly came into being. If evolution was true, then the missing links would not be missing. Artist depictions of how life evolved is not scientific fact. Limited adaptability of life is not proof that life evolved.

Dino bones not identified as such were carbon dated between 6000 and 12,0000 years old. Live DNA fragments have been found in fossil's said to be many millions of years old.

The bible does not say how old the world is. It has always been taught that the creation days are epochs of time.

Man made gods of rock and sticks are not true gods but a products of the imagination. There is only one true God, and His name is Yahwah. The name Yahwah means "Life Began.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god formed, nor will there be one after me.[/FONT]

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
[FONT="]There is a creator God because there is no evidence of evolution taking place on this earth. Evolution is a theory not a fact. Life on this planet is diminishing, not advancing. The very first life forms on this planet are still basically the same. The rock strata shows that while one group suddenly died out, another suddenly came into being. If evolution was true, then the missing links would not be missing. Artist depictions of how life evolved is not scientific fact. Limited adaptability of life is not proof that life evolved.

Dino bones not identified as such were carbon dated between 6000 and 12,0000 years old. Live DNA fragments have been found in fossil's said to be many millions of years old.

The bible does not say how old the world is. It has always been taught that the creation days are epochs of time.

Man made gods of rock and sticks are not true gods but a products of the imagination. There is only one true God, and His name is Yahwah. The name Yahwah means "Life Began.

[URL="http://redirect.viglink.com?key=bbb516d91daee20498798694a42dd559&u=https%3A/biblia.com/bible/niv/Isa%252043.10"]Isaiah 43:10[/URL]. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god formed, nor will there be one after me.[/FONT]
What is a "live DNA fragment"?

CherubRam

What is a "live DNA fragment"?

DNA fragmentation is the separation or breaking of DNA strands into pieces. It can be done intentionally by laboratory personnel or by cells, or can occur spontaneously. Spontaneous or accidental DNA fragmentation is fragmentation that gradually accumulates in a cell.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
DNA fragmentation is the separation or breaking of DNA strands into pieces. It can be done intentionally by laboratory personnel or by cells, or can occur spontaneously. Spontaneous or accidental DNA fragmentation is fragmentation that gradually accumulates in a cell.

Didnt answer the question I asked.

Bee1

[FONT=&quot]There is a creator God because there is no evidence of evolution taking place on this earth. Evolution is a theory not a fact. Life on this planet is diminishing, not advancing. The very first life forms on this planet are still basically the same. The rock strata shows that while one group suddenly died out, another suddenly came into being. If evolution was true, then the missing links would not be missing. Artist depictions of how life evolved is not scientific fact. Limited adaptability of life is not proof that life evolved.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god formed, nor will there be one after me.[/FONT]
I agree to a certain extent;

https://www.infoplease.com/science-health/life-science/human-evolution

This finding means chimps are the closest living biological relatives to humans, but it does not mean that humans evolved from chimps. What it does indicate is that humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes (i.e., gorillas and chimpanzees), making us very, very distant cousins. We are therefore related to these other living primates, but we did not descend from them.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

CherubRam

This finding means chimps are the closest living biological relatives to humans, but it does not mean that humans evolved from chimps. What it does indicate is that humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes (i.e., gorillas and chimpanzees), making us very, very distant cousins. We are therefore related to these other living primates, but we did not descend from them.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Evolution is a theory, not a fact, for life on this planet. God evolved.

6days

Bee1 said:
This finding means chimps are the closest living biological relatives to humans, but it does not mean that humans evolved from chimps. What it does indicate is that humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes (i.e., gorillas and chimpanzees), making us very, very distant cousins.
We are therefore related to these other living primates, but we did not descend from them.
DNA similarity does not indicate relatedness. (If that was so, your distant relatives are turnips). DNA similarity indicate similarity of design. We should expect all primates to have similar 'building blocks'... and, similar DNA.

God's Word tells us, we are not related to fruit trees, and not related to African apes.

redfern

Evolution is a theory, not a fact, for life on this planet.
Your phrasing shows either you are ignorant of what “theory” means in science, or you are taking an opportunistic cheap shot based on semantics rather than substance.
God evolved.
I have no idea what you are implying by that statement. God has adapted to be more compatible with his creation now, or what?

redfern

DNA similarity … (If that was so, your distant relatives are turnips).
So? I presume you know that the ToE does include plants as distant relatives.

DNA similarity indicate similarity of design.
Since nature is a rather inefficient designer, then I agree that when we see similar designs in nature that indicates a likelihood that nature did use existing “building blocks”.

We should expect all primates to have similar 'building blocks'... and, similar DNA.
Then your god must not be much better than nature is at introducing variations of design. Is your all-powerful god incapable of basing some life forms on some other biological mechanism than DNA?

God's Word tells us, we are not related to fruit trees, and not related to African apes.
For understanding how the diversity of life came to be, I prefer to rely on thousands of on-going biological studies instead of ancient religious legends handed down from iron-age nomadic tribes.

Last edited:

CherubRam

Your phrasing shows either you are ignorant of what “theory” means in science, or you are taking an opportunistic cheap shot based on semantics rather than substance.

I have no idea what you are implying by that statement. God has adapted to be more compatible with his creation now, or what?

God "FORMED."

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god formed, nor will there be one after me.

redfern

God "FORMED."

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god formed, nor will there be one after me.
That doesn’t say anything about why you stoop to dismissing evolution because it is a theory, nor does it say anything about what you meant by saying God evolved.

genuineoriginal

This finding means chimps are the closest living biological relatives to humans, but it does not mean that humans evolved from chimps.

I am assuming that this is the part you are referring to?
Since scientists developed the ability to decode the genome and compare the genetic makeup of species, some people have been stunned to learn that about 98.5% of the genes in people and chimpanzees are identical.
______________________​

Now for the rest of the story:

First, the 98% figure is probably overstated. An article in Science puts the actual figure at 94%. (Jon Cohen, "Relative Differences: The Myth of 1%, June 29, 2007). But even these figures are only measuring about 2% of our total genetic makeup - that is, those genes that code for proteins, the building blocks of our physical bodies and functions.

The vast majority of our DNA, known as "non-coding DNA" - sometimes called "junk DNA" because it was once thought not to have function - is very different in humans from most non-coding genes found in chimps and other apes. However, recent research has found that, contrary to previous belief, this repetitive DNA isn’t "junk" after all, but has distinct purposes.

Research continues as to the exact nature and functions of non-coding genes, but given the wide differences between human and ape non-coding DNA, even if the purported 98% genetic similarity to coding DNA is true, it is actually only 98% of a much smaller percentage of our total genetic makeup, perhaps as low as 98% of 2%!

Proponents of the Great Ape Project might reply in defense that the coding genes are the ones that really count, but that is not scientifically supported anymore.
______________________​

redfern

No, it says a lot. God evolved and created life on this planet.
I see that your level of dialogue is to mindlessly repeat your nebulous claim that “God evolved” without actually explaining what that means. Pardon my impinging on your time by asking. I will try to limit my responses to just those posters who are not so superficial. Have a good day.

6days

Redfern said:
I presume you know that the ToE does include plants as distant relatives.
Silly... Isn't it?
Redfern said:
Since nature is a rather inefficient designer...
Sad that your god / designer is a process of death, pain, suffering, extinctions and genetic decay.
Redfern said:
...when we see similar designs in nature that indicates a likelihood that nature did use existing “building blocks”.
That is part of a psuedo-scientific belief system that sugars and phosphates can organize themselves into a code, and that life comes from non life.
Redfern said:
For understanding how the diversity of life came to be, I prefer to rely on thousands of on-going biological studies....
Great!! Science helps show how life comes from life. Biological studies help show the amazing design involved in DNA, and how ridiculous it is to believe that fish can evolve into philosophers.

Jose Fly

Biological studies help show the amazing design involved in DNA, and how ridiculous it is to believe that fish can evolve into philosophers.
I suppose that's like the "science that shows Neanderthals are descendants of the first Adam".....claimed but never actually cited or shown.

redfern

I said:
So? I presume you know that the ToE does include plants as distant relatives.
6days responded:
Silly... Isn't it?
Not really. I am disappointed, but not surprised that your response is trivially dismissive of the thousands of scientific studies that underlie the biological conclusion of common ancestry for all of the DNA based life-forms on earth. And I am not inclined to respond in depth to replies that use mockery to counter science.

Since nature is a rather inefficient designer, then I agree that when we see similar designs in nature that indicates a likelihood that nature did use existing “building blocks”.
Sad that your god / designer is a process of death, pain, suffering, extinctions and genetic decay.
Once again, I see that in place of scientific content you choose to appeal to emotions. I realize you are faithfully employing one of the most attractive parts of religion – pointing out aspects of our existence that many people fear and dislike (death, pain, etc.), and offering ephemeral religious promises as a panacea to assuage those fears. As a scientist even if I am offended by the way nature works, I don’t have the luxury of ignoring it.

… your god must not be much better than nature is at introducing variations of design. Is your all-powerful god incapable of basing some life forms on some other biological mechanism than DNA?
6days chose to not respond and explain why, of the millions of species, DNA is the only core biological building block we know of. A god with the power to zap a billion galaxies into existence mimics mother nature in having to rely on just DNA?

For understanding how the diversity of life came to be, I prefer to rely on thousands of on-going biological studies instead of ancient religious legends handed down from iron-age nomadic tribes.
That is part of a pseudo(sp)-scientific belief system that sugars and phosphates can organize themselves into a code, and that life comes from non life.
The idea that was being discussed was whether “DNA similarity indicate(s) similarity of design” (your phrase). But in response now you jump over to abiogenesis instead. You having a hard time dealing with the idea that similarity of DNA would be exactly what would be expected by the ToE?

For understanding how the diversity of life came to be, I prefer to rely on thousands of on-going biological studies....
Great!! Science helps show how life comes from life.
But once again the subject is the diversification of life, not its origin. Stick to the subject.

Biological studies help show the amazing design involved in DNA, and how ridiculous it is to believe that fish can evolve into philosophers.
I am glad that you appreciate that biological studies (a branch of science) have revealed a lot about DNA. But now let’s consider what you said after the comma. Of all the universities in the world, find the 100 that are recognized as the leaders in producing top-notch biologists. These are many of the ones that have been most instrumental in the understanding of DNA that you applaud. Go to the biology departments in each of those universities and ask them if they concur on “how ridiculous it is to believe that fish can evolve into philosophers.” Tell us what you think their response would be.

Last edited:

CherubRam

I see that your level of dialogue is to mindlessly repeat your nebulous claim that “God evolved” without actually explaining what that means. Pardon my impinging on your time by asking. I will try to limit my responses to just those posters who are not so superficial. Have a good day.

God Evolved
Alpha First Beginning

Isaiah 44:6
“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Revelation 1:8
I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

The proof that God exist is in the fact that spontaneous evolution of life is not possible in this universe. God evolved, then He created. From the Subatomic and the primordial Dark Matter. A type of nothing, because it has no atomic bonds to form anything. God created gravity and gravitons to form the atomic elements of this Universe.

Dark Matter is undifferentiated material which has no atomic bonds, this would make it of no particular substance. In other words, it is Nothing. And if you are willing to accept it, it is primordial, and God's store house for creating the universe from "Nothing."

Dark Matter is accepted by the mainstream scientific community. The existence and properties of dark matter are inferred from its gravitational effects on visible matter, on radiation, and on the large-scale structure of the universe. The presence of dark matter in the universe, including gravitational lensing of background objects by galaxy clusters such as the Bullet Cluster, the temperature distribution of hot gas in galaxies and clusters of galaxies and, more recently, the pattern of anisotropies in the cosmic microwave background.

According to cosmologists, dark matter is composed primarily of a not yet characterized type of subatomic particle.

The belief that God created from nothing comes from the Ramban comments on Genesis: www.sefaria.org/Ramban_on_Genesis.1.1?lang=en&layout=lines&sidebarLang=all

Dark Matter: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter

The missing links are missing because life did not evolve in this Universe.

The key is the word "formed." Absolutely anything that has no beginning does not exist. God says that He is the FIRST AND THE LAST. Therefore He Began. That is why His name means "Life Began."

Astronomers detect dark matter though the effect of its gravity on the path that light takes as it crosses the Universe. As light travels through a region of dark matter, its path gets distorted by gravity. Instead of taking a straight line, the light is bent back and forth depending on how much dark matter is passes through.

Astronomers can map out regions of dark matter in the sky just by looking at the distortions in the light, and then working backwards to figure out how much intervening dark matter would need to be there to cause it.

After the creation of the Universe the Earth was later created by God. Before there was a firmament it was a formless body of water. The bible does not state how much time had passed before the creation of the Earth.

God says that no god formed before Him. He also states that none will form after Him, meaning that the element to the forming is no longer available. The word "form" would not have been used if it were not a condition.

redfern

God Evolved
Alpha First Beginning

… <miscellaneous rambling clipped> …

God says that no god formed before Him. He also states that none will form after Him, meaning that the element to the forming is no longer available. The word "form" would not have been used if iy were not a condition.
CherubRam, Thanks for replying. I apologize for not being more attentive prior to initiating this exchange with you. Had I done some checking I would have realized that probably your responses would have been devoid of relevant content. I don’t know what your mind-set is, nor what your religious or scientific background is, but I generally limit my engagement in discussions to cases where there is at least a modicum of honest exchange of ideas. Since, in spite of several requests to you, I have seen nothing that was responsive to my questions, I now disengage myself from this discussion with you. I may choose to read whatever you elect to say in TOL discussions, but I will probably not respond directly to you unless I see a real likelihood of more benefit than has been seen here.