Trump Slams NBC, Likens Network to 'Fake News CNN'

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Trump Slams NBC, Likens Network to 'Fake News CNN'

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-nbc-news-michael-cohen-wiretap/2018/05/04/id/858299/

President Donald Trump opened Friday tweeting with an upper cut to the chin of NBC, saying that the "former home" to his "Apprentice" show is "now as bad as fake news CNN."

TWEET: NBC NEWS is wrong again! They cite “sources” which are constantly wrong. Problem is, like so many others, the sources probably don’t exist, they are fabricated, fiction! NBC, my former home with the Apprentice, is now as bad as Fake News CNN. Sad!​

The tweet comes as a response to NBC's whirlwind reporting that Trump personal attorney Michael Cohen had been wiretapped by federal officials ahead of the raid on his homes and offices.

The only problem with that story - it wasn't true.

NBC later corrected its story, reporting instead that federal investigators had logged Cohen's phone lines but they had not listened in on his conversations.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Another panicky morning in the White House...

Well, if it isnt the fake Catholic who prefers the baby-killer politicians.

Say, have you heard?

Pres. Donald Trump Named Operation Rescue’s 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year
https://www.operationrescue.org/arc...ion-rescues-2017-pro-life-person-of-the-year/

Washington, DC — Operation Rescue is pleased to announce that the recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award is Pres. Donald J. Trump.

The Malachi Award is given by Operation Rescue every year to recognize individuals who sacrificially work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born.

“Operation Rescue is grateful Pres. Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny Federal funds from those who commit abortions,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other before him.”

Since Trump took office, he has accomplished more for the pro-life agenda than any other president.

• Trump appointed conservative, pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S, Supreme Court.
• He has effectively denied public money to those who commit and promote abortions around the world.
• The Trump Administration Department of Justice has launched a formal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s illegal baby parts trafficking scheme.
• He has actively supported pro-life legislation, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is currently held up in the U.S. Senate.
• He supports legislation to defund Planned Parenthood in the U.S., and removed an Obama-era mandate that forced states to continue funding Planned Parenthood.
• He has worked to fill his administration with pro-life people and put them in places where they can do the most good.
• Trump’s administration has taken active steps within the Health and Human Services and other agencies to establish pro-life policies that protect the pre-born.
• He has provided protections for those of religious and moral convictions from paying for abortifacient drugs through Obamacare, and continues to work to repeal and replace it.

“We are proud of President Trump and his bold willingness to advance the cause of life. There are more battles ahead, but under the Trump administration, we can now finally see progress within our government toward restoring the sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born,” said Newman. “This makes Pres. Trump a deserving recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award.”

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You seem be sadly lacking in the 'discernment department.' You certainly are not very intuitive or insightful, are you?

....not to mention not very Catholic.

Don't say it!! My posts are pretty rude sometimes.......

BUT: My positions on the issues are correct, Christian and Catholic, and hers are not. She violates all five of the FIVE NON-NEGOTIABLE ISSUES when she votes:

http://stjoseph-marysville.org/faqnonnegotiables.html

Based on Church teachings, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Encyclicals of the Pope, and issue papers from the Office of the Doctrine of the Faith, the following five issues concern actions that are intrinsically evil and must never be promoted by the law.

Intrinsically evil actions are those that fundamentally conflict with the moral law and can never be performed under any circumstances. It is a serious sin to deliberately endorse or promote any of these actions, and no person who rea1ly wants to advance the common good will support any action contrary to the non-negotiable principles involved in these issues.

1. Abortion

The Church teaches that, regarding a law permitting abortions, it is "never licit to obey it, or to take part in a propaganda campaign in favor of such a law, or to vote for it" (EV 73). Abortion is the intentional and direct killing of an innocent human being, and therefore it is a form of homicide. The unborn child is always an innocent party, and no law may permit the taking of his life. Even when a child is conceived through rape or incest, the fault is not the child's, who should not suffer death for others' sins.

Another sub-set issue within this subject area that is non-negotiable pertains to Human Reproductive Technologies, which includes the Church’s position against Contraception, In-Vitro Fertilization and Sterilization.

2. Euthanasia

Often disguised by the name "mercy killing;' euthanasia is also a form of homicide. No person has a right to take his own life, and no one has the right to take the life of any innocent person. In euthanasia, the ill or elderly are killed, by action or omission, out of a misplaced sense of compassion, but true compassion cannot include intentionally doing something intrinsically evil to another person (cf. EV 73).

3. Embryonic Stem Cell Research

Human embryos are human beings. "Respect for the dignity of the human being excludes all experimental manipulation or exploitation of the human embryo" (CRF 4b). Recent scientific advances show that medical treatments that researchers hope to develop from experimentation on embryonic stem cells can often be developed by using adult stem cells instead. Adult stem cells can be obtained without doing harm to the adults from whom they come. Thus there is no valid medical argument in favor of using embryonic stem cells. And even if there were benefits to be had from such experiments, they would not justify destroying innocent embryonic humans.

4. Human Cloning

"Attempts ... for obtaining a human being without any connection with sexuality through ‘twin fission,’ cloning, or parthenogenesis are to be considered contrary to the moral law, since they are in opposition to the dignity both of human procreation and of the conjugal union" (RHL 1:6). Human cloning also involves abortion because the "rejected" or "unsuccessful" embryonic clones are destroyed, yet each clone is a human being.

5. Homosexual "Marriage"

True marriage is the union of one man and one woman. Legal recognition of any other union as "marriage" undermines true marriage, and legal recognition of homosexual unions actually does homosexual persons a disfavor by encouraging them to persist in what is an objectively immoral arrangement. "When legislation in favor of the recognition of homosexual unions is proposed for the first time ina legislative assembly, the Catholic lawmaker has a moral duty to express his opposition clearly and publicly and to vote against it. To vote in favor of a law so harmful to the common good is gravely immoral" (UHP 10).

Issues That Are Not Non-Negotiable

Some issues allow for a diversity of opinion, and Catholics are permitted leeway in endorsing or opposing particular policies. This is the case with the questions of when to go to war and when to apply the death penalty. Though the Church urges caution regarding both of these issues, it acknowledges that the state has the right to employ them in some circumstances (CCC 2309, 2267).

Pope Benedict XVI, when he was still Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, spoke of this in a document dealing with when Catholics may receive Communion:

"Not all moral issues have the same moral weight as abortion and euthanasia. For example, if a Catholic were to be at odds with the Holy Father on the -application of capital punishment or on the decision to wage war, he would not for that reason be considered unworthy to present himself to receive Holy Communion. While the Church exhorts civil authorities to seek peace, not war, and to exercise discretion and mercy in imposing punishment on criminals, it may still be permissible to take up arms to repel an aggressor or to have recourse to capital punishment. There may be a legitimate diversity of opinion even among Catholics about waging war and applying the death penalty, but not however with regard to abortion and euthanasia" (WRHC 3).

The same is true of many other issues that are the subject of political debate: the best way to help the poor, to manage the economy, to protect the environment, to handle immigration, and to provide education, health care, and retirement security. Catholics may legitimately take different approaches to these issues. While the underlying principles (such as solidarity with the poor) are non-negotiable, the specific applications being debated politically admit of many options, and so are not "non-negotiable."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And then there's the principle of double effect.

From 2016:

Three ways to vote on Tuesday with a clean conscience

Father Matthew Schneider L.C.Nov 3, 2016
SPECIAL TO CRUX

If I can’t vote for anyone, can I vote against someone?

The current U.S. election seems to be a race to the bottom. In the past, usually I could see a good argument to vote for one candidate based on character and issues, despite a few imperfections; in this election, the argument to vote against each one of the candidates seems stronger than the argument to vote for either.

Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia summarized the Catholic conundrum: “One candidate - in the view of a lot of people - is an eccentric businessman of defective ethics whose bombast and buffoonery make him inconceivable as president. And the other - in the view of a lot of people - should be under criminal indictment. The fact that she’s not - again, in the view of a lot of people - proves Orwell’s Animal Farm principle that ‘all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.’”

In that quote, Chaput is only talking about character, yet it seems both major candidates are seriously at odds with Catholicism on certain issues too. I won’t do an in-depth analysis, as I don’t want to beat a horse that’s already been killed three times over.

In such a situation, what is a good Catholic to do? I find it very hard to argue that you should vote for either of the two major candidates. I find many of my friends in a similar position, feeling they can’t vote for either candidate.

Nonetheless, in a democratic society, a Catholic has a duty to vote. I want to present three ways Catholics can vote with a morally clean conscience: they can vote against someone, they can vote for a minor candidate, or they can ruin their ballot.

Voting Against

Voting against someone would follow from the Catholic principle of double effect.

The opening scene of the movie Vertical Limit displays this principle graphically: a dad and his two kids are hanging perilously off a rock cliff by a single contact point and it’s slipping, so the dad instructs his son above him to cut the rope. Cutting the rope saves the boy and his sister, because they’re able to hang there until help comes, but it also causes the father’s fall and death.

This can often get confused with “choosing the lesser evil,” but in Catholic moral theology we can never choose evil. This is choosing the good which is realizable, or preventing evil when not all good is realizable.

To vote against someone technically requires placing a vote for another person, but to qualify as a voter against rather than a vote for, several principles need to be respected.

• First, there needs to be no other way to prevent the dreaded result we are avoiding. If millions of Americans got together, a third party could win, but as an individual, it is a fair judgment to assume your vote for a third party won’t make it win.​
  • Second, the person we mark our ballot for when voting against someone else needs to be less problematic from a Catholic moral perspective.​
  • Third, our intention needs to be to prevent one person from taking the office and not to give it to the other person.​
  • Fourth, we must fulfill the norm that our action is not intrinsically evil, because voting is good and we are explicitly trying to prevent the greatest evil from happening.​
  • Fifth, there is a complicated point of means and ends: the means (voting for X) of achieving the end (preventing Y from being president) cannot be evil in themselves. Participating in politics to the degree it is possible is in itself good, and, if you are voting for someone with some redeeming qualities (which every candidate I know of has), you can be voting positively for those redeeming qualities. Thus, casting a vote for one of the two major candidates can be moral if it is done in order to prevent the other from taking the office.​

A summary of this view was stated by a moral theologian, whose opening paragraph on who they were voting for was, “I am voting for [X] because they are not [Y].”

Knowing and using the principle of double effect, I voted against Trump.

The other two options (third party vote, no vote/write in) follow at the link.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
And then there's the principle of double effect........
Tell it to God. When he asks you why a professed Catholic supports baby-killers and gay-marriage promoters, and when he asks you why you were so eager to swallow the lies about Trump, you tell God all about your theory that justifies it all. Maybe you'll trick him into believing you. I doubt it though. You are a disgrace.

Arthur Brain

Tell it to God. When he asks you why a professed Catholic supports baby-killers and gay-marriage promoters, and when he asks you why you were so eager to swallow the lies about Trump, you tell God all about your theory that justifies it all. Maybe you'll trick him into believing you. I doubt it though. You are a disgrace.

So, Trump was never pro choice and all conservative family values then? You'll lap up anything about the guy as long as it suits.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
So, Trump was never pro choice and all conservative family values then?.........
I never said that you liar. I have likened him to Paul: He finally saw the light. Paul murdered hundreds of Christians and then he wrote a lot of the Bible.

Christianity is about change and repentance. Does Trump not deserve the same chance that Jesus has given the rest of us? Trump was a playboy and a sinner. Now he is a great champion for the unborn and freedom of religion. I respect that. THAT is the whole reason Jesus came to us!

I suggest you learn from this story: