Love your neighbor as yourself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.

It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

Your fellow Israelite.
Your fellow Jew.
Your fellow Countryman.

When you love beyond your nation's boundaries or borders you are dealing with the affairs of nations.

So love your fellow man.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

"thou shall love thy neighbor" was prophetic in nature.
Under the Kingship/Priesthood of Messiah, all Israelis
shall literally "love their neighbor as themselves",
because all Israel shall have a "new heart" and no one
shall lack because of the fertility of the land.

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. - Exodus 19:5-6a

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"thou shall love thy neighbor" was prophetic in nature.
Under the Kingship/Priesthood of Messiah, all Israelis
shall literally "love their neighbor as themselves",
because all Israel shall have a "new heart" and no one
shall lack because of the fertility of the land.

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. - Exodus 19:5-6a

You have an interesting response here. You say that the commandment is prophetic in nature. I do not know why you say this. Certainly we must all obey God in this, meaning in obedience to His commandment (here) to love one's neighbor as one's self. I also, however, do not know what you mean by a new heart and how you are applying that no one shall lack because of the fertility of the land. Great Scripture (Exodus 19:5-6a).

beameup

You have an interesting response here. You say that the commandment is prophetic in nature. I do not know why you say this. Certainly we must all obey God in this, meaning in obedience to His commandment (here) to love one's neighbor as one's self. I also, however, do not know what you mean by a new heart and how you are applying that no one shall lack because of the fertility of the land. Great Scripture (Exodus 19:5-6a).

Have you not read Jeremiah's prophecy? (or do you even believe in "prophecy")?
Why is it you think all these things are possible in this present era?
Do you not know that when Messiah returns, He will establish his Kingdom?
The nature of Israel is one of the sin of rejecting their Messiah. They are
incapable of "loving their neighbor as themselves". They have an evil, stony heart.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
- Jeremiah 31:31-34

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you not read Jeremiah's prophecy? (or do you even believe in "prophecy")?
Why is it you think all these things are possible in this present era?
Do you not know that when Messiah returns, He will establish his Kingdom?
The nature of Israel is one of the sin of rejecting their Messiah. They are
incapable of "loving their neighbor as themselves". They have an evil, stony heart.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
- Jeremiah 31:31-34

I believe that the New Covenant came in Yeshua Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach.

beameup

I believe that the New Covenant came in Yeshua Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Yes, but His sacrifice was rejected by Israel, so it became of no effect.
However, according to Jeremiah, Israel will have an awakening, realize
their error, and "all Israel will be saved" (see Romans 11:26).
Reading Romans ch. 9-11 might be enlightening.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but His sacrifice was rejected by Israel, so it became of no effect.
However, according to Jeremiah, Israel will have an awakening, realize
their error, and "all Israel will be saved" (see Romans 11:26).
Reading Romans ch. 9-11 might be enlightening.

I disagree with you.

The early church was entirely Jewish. I believe you have a misunderstanding of Romans 11:26 somehow, maybe in relation to your idea about Israel rejecting Jesus. I would not use the word awakening, or say that they will realize their error (did you mean this as a fulfillment of Romans 11:26 or the scripture quoted there or from there?).

beameup

I disagree with you.

The early church was entirely Jewish. I believe you have a misunderstanding of Romans 11:26 somehow, maybe in relation to your idea about Israel rejecting Jesus. I would not use the word awakening, or say that they will realize their error (did you mean this as a fulfillment of Romans 11:26 or the scripture quoted there or from there?).

Obviously you have a shortage of understanding Romans ch. 9-11. If you have been misled by false-doctrine, then you will have great difficulty understanding Romans 9-11, as it will conflict with your new-found beliefs. The largest topic, by far, in the Tanakh is unfulfilled prophecy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obviously you have a shortage of understanding Romans ch. 9-11. If you have been misled by false-doctrine, then you will have great difficulty understanding Romans 9-11, as it will conflict with your new-found beliefs. The largest topic, by far, in the Tanakh is unfulfilled prophecy.

No. I have been through this. And I am not reformed. I am also not a dispensationalist. I converted to Judaism. I am a proselyte to and of Israel.

beameup

No. I have been through this. And I am not reformed. I am also not a dispensationalist. I converted to Judaism. I am a proselyte to and of Israel.
Perhaps you have a misunderstand of the term "dispensationalist", or have been given a wrong definition.
The Greek word used in the Pauline Epistles is οἰκονομία oikonomía and simply means administration or organization. In Paul's Epistles he refers to two "oikonomía" but there are additional "oikonomía" - the way God organizes/administers the earth.

The ultimate "oikonomía" is the "fullness of times" (ie: eternity): That in the "oikonomia" of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: - Ephesians 1:10

Presently, we are in the "oikonomia" of the Grace of God: If ye have heard of the "oikonomia" of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward - Ephesians 3:2

Prior to this present "oikonomia" of the Grace of God, God's organization/administration was accomplished by the Law of Moses through Israel. Hence, Jesus says that He has come not to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. This he did by never violating the Law of Moses (ie: being sinless).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you have a misunderstand of the term "dispensationalist", or have been given a wrong definition.
The Greek word used in the Pauline Epistles is οἰκονομία oikonomía and simply means administration or organization. In Paul's Epistles he refers to two "oikonomía" but there are additional "oikonomía" - the way God organizes/administers the earth.

The ultimate "oikonomía" is the "fullness of times" (ie: eternity): That in the "oikonomia" of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: - Ephesians 1:10

Presently, we are in the "oikonomia" of the Grace of God: If ye have heard of the "oikonomia" of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward - Ephesians 3:2

Prior to this present "oikonomia" of the Grace of God, God's organization/administration was accomplished by the Law of Moses through Israel. Hence, Jesus says that He has come not to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it. This he did by never violating the Law of Moses (ie: being sinless).

I do not know Greek but I believe that you are incorrect. Also, do you know about the Law and the Prophets?

beameup

I do not know Greek but I believe that you are incorrect. Also, do you know about the Law and the Prophets?
I quoted Scripture. What is it that you don't understand? It seems pretty clear what Paul is teaching. There are many free digital Bibles available and they often have the Greek words available within the text. Anyone familiar with digital Bibles should know this and you don't have to know Koine Greek.
That's why I can say that you are ignorant because you stated that I'm incorrect.
The oikonomia of the LAW is gone, another oikonomia has taken its place... the oikonomia of GRACE.
Perhaps you didn't get the message.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I quoted Scripture. What is it that you don't understand? It seems pretty clear what Paul is teaching. There are many free digital Bibles available and they often have the Greek words available within the text. Anyone familiar with digital Bibles should know this and you don't have to know Koine Greek.
That's why I can say that you are ignorant because you stated that I'm incorrect.
The oikonomia of the LAW is gone, another oikonomia has taken its place... the oikonomia of GRACE.
Perhaps you didn't get the message.

Incorrect. What you are saying is what I disagree with.

The reason I spoke of not knowing Greek is because you referenced Greek. However, the word administration is found in the Bible. Dispensation. Not dispensationalism or dispensationalist.

You say that there was Law and now there is Grace. That is incorrect.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.

It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

Your fellow Israelite.
Your fellow Jew.
Your fellow Countryman.

When you love beyond your nation's boundaries or borders you are dealing with the affairs of nations.

So love your fellow man.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Can you define love with the Word?

beameup

Incorrect. What you are saying is what I disagree with.

You say that there was Law and now there is Grace. That is incorrect.

That is because you have chosen to revert back to "the Law", just as the "foolish" Galatians did.

I posted the Koine Greek word "oikonomia" which Paul uses in his Epistles. Translate it a number of ways, but it still remains the distinctions between epochs of how God chooses to run (administer) the world. The most common English translation is DISPENSATION. It's Pauline Doctrine straight from the risen Messiah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is because you have chosen to revert back to "the Law", just as the "foolish" Galatians did.

I posted the Koine Greek word "oikonomia" which Paul uses in his Epistles. Translate it a number of ways, but it still remains the distinctions between epochs of how God chooses to run (administer) the world. The most common English translation is DISPENSATION. It's Pauline Doctrine straight from the risen Messiah.

I am sorry but the word Torah means instruction, teaching, direction, law. I am familiar with the word dispensation and arguments for dispensationalism, even for teaching, but I saw that I could reject them and read the Bible for myself, and understand it.