test the spirit

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1 John 4 [Full Chapter]
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

How do we test the spirit?

blessings.

popsthebuilder

There seems to be a disconnect or compartmentalization in many "Christian's" lives. They put on the mask and costume for sunday's show....and then once in the parking lot it is out of sight out of mind for many.

What you alluded to is a sure sign of misdirection. Namely if any do not believe that the spirit of GOD did not manifest within HIS creation or that it will not happen again.

As far as faith being different....it likely does have very much to do with upbringing and indoctrination.

May GOD guide us all to do HIS will to HIS glory.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

blessings.

Check on everything one is told and see if it is in the Bible.

People can be ensnared by Satan to preach false doctrines.

They do not believe what is plainly written.

They preach against obedience to Christ.

They can be abusive and deceitful people who betray the trust of others.

They do not love their own brothers and sisters.

They live a sinful life as always.

They are hypocritical judges.

They are harsh and bitter.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

blessings.
Hello, Meshak.

The word for "test" or "try" in that verse (depending on the English translation you use) means to allow the spirit to speak (listen carefully to what is said) and then examine and scrutinize what was said to see if it is from GOD or not.

A really good example of how to do that is the same way scripture says the Bereans did it ------ by listening carefully and then studying the scriptures daily to see if those things that were said are true.

Acts 17:11 KJV
(11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

GeoffW

blessings.

We apply the test. Does the spirit that is in the one speaking attest that Jesus has come in the flesh.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

This is not talking about Jesus being born...

Geoff.

john w

Hall of Fame

blessings.
First, take off that stupid hat. Then, get saved.

Blessings, and may God hurl lightning bolts, and coal, upon your head, and that stupid hat. Good day to you, sir.

popsthebuilder

First, take off that stupid hat. Then, get saved.

Blessings, and may God hurl lightning bolts, and coal, upon your head, and that stupid hat. Good day to you, sir.
What is really wrong with you? As if such a level of vile nonsense could ever be attributed to the Lord or even a follower there of.

popsthebuilder

And the wolves ask, "Why not?". :chuckle:
She's a little old lady that promotes peace and who is against violence.....
Wooooowww.....stay away from that big bad wolf......fear tactics have been employed by man for some time now.....but who would be scared of little ole her?

It just doesn't make sense to act like there is a threat where there is none. Maybe I missed where Christ promoted persecution of peacable little old ladies.....

popsthebuilder

... and against the apostle Paul, and against 90% of scripture, which makes her against GOD.

So your "poor little Meshak" act is telling of where your priority for truth is.
No....she isn't against St. Paul. She was at a point where she misunderstood him.....like so so very many who claim he cut works out altogether.....its understandable....I obviously happens.

The truth is that our Lord told us to do good and good isn't attempting to cast fear into any believer; especially not unjustifiable fear of a little lady who promotes peace and faith in Christ Jesus and GOD almighty.

Does she not believe in the judgement or something?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No....she isn't against St. Paul. She was at a point where she misunderstood him.....like so so very many who claim he cut works out altogether.....its understandable....I obviously happens.

The truth is that our Lord told us to do good and good isn't attempting to cast fear into any believer; especially not unjustifiable fear of a little lady who promotes peace and faith in Christ Jesus and GOD almighty.

Does she not believe in the judgement or something?

Oh.
I see that you are under the mistaken impression that the BOC is afraid of wolves.