Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolly

Capra hircus
kenny J said:
Can the HUMAN mind know GOD'S plan?

Please use scripture-

ken
It depends on what "plan" you are talking about.

For instance, if you read Revelation your human mind will get all sorts of insight as to what God plans to do in the future.

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
Tolly said:
It depends on what "plan" you are talking about.

Tolly,

I'm not religious, so plan might have been the wrong word, but if GOD is real and things were set in MOTION by him- then what occurs is his "plan" in that sense of it. Personally I hold that NONE of us "mere mortals" can see that which is timeless. I'm simply curious about what if any scriptural basis there is for man asserting HIS knowledge to be that of GOD.

For instance, if you read Revelation your human mind will get all sorts of insight as to what God plans to do in the future.
Please list the ACTUAL scriptures- I'm looking to learn-

Thank you-

ken

Tolly

Capra hircus
kenny J said:
Please list the ACTUAL scriptures- I'm looking to learn-
I did.

I listed the entire book of Revelation.

God has told us "mere humans" many of His plans and therefore we can "know" some of them.

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
God has told us "mere humans" many of His plans and therefore we can "know" some of them.

Tolly,

Yes I appreciate that you believe this, however I'm asking you to show me where the BIBLE makes the SPECIFIC point I asked about. I'm not trying to be difficult- it would seem OBVIOUS that a book which was the Revelation of Jesus Christ given to John IMPLIES that only a FLESH relationship with Jesus imparts higher truth.

So please see that my interest in the specific scriptures of the Bible you were referring to is relevant- your help is appreciated.

ken

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Kenny-
God is not timeless.

light,

By "timeless" I mean beyond time- INFINITE. Certainly TRUTH is INFINITE right?

Do know any of the scriptures that Tolly has yet to share?

ken

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kenny J said:
light,

By "timeless" I mean beyond time- INFINITE. Certainly TRUTH is INFINITE right?

Do know any of the scriptures that Tolly has yet to share?

ken

And like I said, God is not timeless.:nono:

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
And like I said, God is not timeless.:nono:

Light,

Hmm- So what is God's relationship to time if NOT timeless? You do realize time is a CREATION of man right?

ken

JoyfulRook

kenny J said:
Light,

Hmm- So what is God's relationship to time if NOT timeless?
God is inside of time, and is affected by time.
You do realize time is a CREATION of man right?
Exactly. Time is the sequencing of events into a rational system. "Time" as a concrete entity of itself, does not exist.

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
Dread Helm said:
God is inside of time, and is affected by time.
Dread,

How conceptually interesting-

Exactly. Time is the sequencing of events into a rational system. "Time" as a concrete entity of itself, does not exist.
Yes which makes it all the more interesting your assertion that GOD exists in TIME- which exists ONLY in the MIND as a "rational system".

Very interesting...

ken

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Kenny-
Time is nothing more than succession, or duration of events. Things happened before God created the Earth, do you agree? Certain concepts of time are certainly man made, yes, but God created the first measurement of time, known as "a day." So our perceptions are certainly our own invention, but time itself is not something one can exist outside, or inside, of, because it is not dimensional.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Kenny-
Time is nothing more than succession, or duration of events. Things happened before God created the Earth, do you agree? Certain concepts of time are certainly man made, yes, but God created the first measurement of time, known as "a day." So our perceptions are certainly our own invention, but time itself is not something one can exist outside, or inside, of, because it is not dimensional.
What happened before God created the earth?

elohiym

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Think of it as a riddle. Enjoy!

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Kenny-

Light,

Hmmm.... Why then can't GOD be understood as timeless like I mentioned? To exist OUTSIDE time would be to EXIST in "reality"- As TIME itself seems to be merely a human(secular) PERCEPTION. What do you think?

ken

Status
Not open for further replies.