God....?

Bee1

The word God was not used in the original Bible.

The word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Bee1

The word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin.

Man changing text in the Bible.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I always run everything by the Holy Spirit to see what He thinks. He seems to be ok with it.

HIDDEN LANGUAGE (HOLY SPIRIT LANGUAGE)(MEAT)(NEW TONGUE)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rev 2:16
16 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:6-7
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
Matt 13:10-11
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Matt 13:13-14
13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;
1 Cor 14:10
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Matt 13:16-17
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Matt 13:18-19
18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
Mark 4:14
14 "The sower sows the word.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
Eph 1:9
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
2 Cor 5:7
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Cor 5:10-11
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
There are many languages in the world. Doctors have one, lawyers have one, intellectuals have one, common people have one. Seeing that the only guaranteed message in the bible comes from the Holy Spirit. So to guard that guarantee He even uses a special language. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, He explains verses with other verses. There are spirits in us trying to deceive us and they all speak the same language carnal. So we can discern the Holy Spirit He quotes verses. Now this is the meat understanding of the Word. The milk understanding is done with the carnal language, the meat understanding is done with only verses. Its an unknown tongue to the carnal mind.

II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:5-6
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

John 5:30
30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
(NKJ)
Eph 6:17
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

John 8:42-43
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
(NKJ)

Col 2:1-3

1 For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
(NKJ)

Col 1:26
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 13:8-10
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
(NKJ)

Zeph 3:9
9 "For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, that they all may call on the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one accord.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:18-20
18 "For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
(NKJ)

John 10:9
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

AN UNKNOWN TONGUE

Bee1

I always run everything by the Holy Spirit to see what He thinks. He seems to be ok with it.

HIDDEN LANGUAGE (HOLY SPIRIT LANGUAGE)(MEAT)(NEW TONGUE)

John 6:63
63"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rev 2:16
16'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
1 Cor 2:4-5
4And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:6-7
6However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
Matt 13:10-11
10And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
11He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Matt 13:13-14
13"Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14"And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;
1 Cor 14:10
10There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
Rom 8:27
27Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
James 3:17
17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Matt 13:16-17
16"But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17"for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Matt 13:18-19
18"Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19"When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
Mark 4:14
14"The sower sows the word.
John 14:26
26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 3:34
34"For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33"He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
Eph 1:9
9having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
2 Cor 5:5
5Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
2 Cor 5:7
7For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Cor 5:10-11
10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
Matt 4:4
4But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Rev 22:18-19
18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
There are many languages in the world. Doctors have one, lawyers have one, intellectuals have one, common people have one. Seeing that the only guaranteed message in the bible comes from the Holy Spirit. So to guard that guarantee He even uses a special language. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, He explains verses with other verses. There are spirits in us trying to deceive us and they all speak the same language carnal. So we can discern the Holy Spirit He quotes verses. Now this is the meat understanding of the Word. The milk understanding is done with the carnal language, the meat understanding is done with only verses. Its an unknown tongue to the carnal mind.

II Jn 1:8-11
8Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:5-6
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

John 5:30
30"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
(NKJ)
Eph 6:17
17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

John 7:18
18"He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

John 8:42-43
42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43"Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
(NKJ)

Col 2:1-3

1For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
2that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
(NKJ)

Col 1:26
26the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 13:8-10
8Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
(NKJ)

Zeph 3:9
9"For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, that they all may call on the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one accord.
(NKJ)

Gal 2:18-20
18"For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19"For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
(NKJ)

John 10:9
9"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

AN UNKNOWN TONGUE
Does it not bother you that these very same chapter & verse so carelessly spew on this post is fake or at the very less altered. The word GOD that you have no problem using so proudly...
WAS NOT IN THE ORIGINAL BIBLE...Hebrew substitute REAL name with GOD. So when you say Dear God , who are you talking too ?

jaybird

Does it not bother you that these very same chapter & verse so carelessly spew on this post is fake or at the very less altered. The word GOD that you have no problem using so proudly...
WAS NOT IN THE ORIGINAL BIBLE...Hebrew substitute REAL name with GOD. So when you say Dear God , who are you talking too ?

so what name did the Hebrews pray to?

God's Truth

I called on the English pronounced name 'Jesus', and he himself came to me and saved me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I understand your problem. But I learned from the Holy Spirit that there is only one God the Father.
Jesus said the Father is the only true God. Paul said yet for us there is only one God the Father. So I know who I am praying to without a doubt.

[Jhn 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

[1Co 8:6
6 yet for us [there is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom [are] all things, and through whom we [live].

Bee1

The name of God used in the Hebrew Bible is the Tetragrammaton YHWH (יהוה‬). It is frequently anglicized as Jehovah and Yahweh[1] and written in most English editions of the Bible as "the Lord" owing to the Jewish tradition viewing the divine name as increasingly too sacred to be uttered.It was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai (“My Lord”), which was translated as Kyrios (“Lord”) in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Hebrew Scriptures.[2]

Rabbinic Judaism describes seven names which are so holy that, once written, should not be erased: The Tetragrammaton written as YHWH and six others which can be categorized as titles are El ("God"), Eloah ("God"), Elohim ("Gods"), Shaddai ("God Almighty"), Ehyeh, and Tzevaot ("[of] Hosts").[3] Other names are considered mere epithets or titles reflecting different aspects of God,[4] but chumrah sometimes dictates special care such as the writing of "G-d" instead of "God" in English or saying Ṭēt-Vav (טו, lit. "9-6") instead of Yōd-Hē (יה, lit. "10-5" but also "Jah") for the number fifteen in Hebrew.[5]

The documentary hypothesis proposes that the Torah was compiled from various original sources, two of which (the Jahwist and the Elohist) are named for their usual names for God (YHWH and Elohim respectively).

genuineoriginal

Most of the words in the Latin Vulgate are relatively new European inventions, which were never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
Most of the words in the King James Bible are relatively new European inventions, which were never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts that were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

What point are you trying to make by claiming a word from one language was not found in a book written in another language?

Bee1

you got two versions here when only suppose to be one . The Bible had to be translated to almost all major languages to be able to reach the masses . I get that...but what I don't get is rename major player in the Bible so as not to offend "your" Bible and it's teaching. So if you feel changing God name is not important and does't change anything...then keep on starting your prayers with Dear God . What are you going to say on judgement day when the" most high " ask why you never prayed to him , or glorified is name , I can see you know with your mouth hanging wide open . If " God " put is name in the Bible than it must have been for a reason ? Probably the be able to talk call on him . How are you suppose to do that . "God" is not the Lord's name .

Right Divider

Body part

It is just so shocking to find that no English words were in the original manuscripts! WOW....

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Second request that you construct new threads with a properly descriptive title:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4461319#post4461319

http://web.archive.org/web/20060508021435/http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/announcement.php?f=9

A proper title would be along the lines of:

"The word 'God' a relatively new European Invention"

Please make an effort to comply with the TOL owner's instructions.

AMR

Bee1

Second request that you construct new threads with a properly descriptive title:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4461319#post4461319

http://web.archive.org/web/20060508021435/http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/announcement.php?f=9

A proper title would be along the lines of:

"The word 'God' a relatively new European Invention"

Please make an effort to comply with the TOL owner's instructions.

AMR
Will do

Right Divider

Body part
Your joking, right.
Yes and no. I was being sarcastic about your silly opening statement.

Since the original manuscripts were not written in English there are no English words in it. No kidding!

That not news nor a problem. There is no one language that must be used to talk about Biblical things. It is perfectly reasonable to have translations of the scripture from one language into another.

Bee1

So you think the Bible translation from Hebrew , Greek , Aramaic to Latin , to Old English , Middle English to present day is complete and unchange since it's inception in 1400 bc ?

Right Divider

Body part
So you think the Bible translation from Hebrew , Greek , Aramaic to Latin , to Old English , Middle English to present day is complete and unchange since it's inception in 1400 bc ?
Your question does not make sense.

I believe that God is quite able to give us an English translation of His Word.

Bee1

Your question does not make sense.

I believe that God is quite able to give us an English translation of His Word.
I not trying to be antagonistic towards you but as far as I know , the 10 commandments is the only things that is God sent . And if God did somehow gave us scripture, I do not believe God would repeat himself after giving specific orders about what to do the the first set of scriptures .

Right Divider

Body part
I not trying to be antagonistic towards you but as first as I know , the 10 commandments is the only things that is God sent .
That is just silly.

And if God did somehow gave us scripture, I do not believe God would repeat himself after giving specific orders about what to do the the first set of scriptures .
What you believe about what God would do is irrelevant to what He actually does.

Bee1

That is just silly.

What you believe about what God would do is irrelevant to what He actually does.
What has God done . I believe in a Creator, but what physical evidence do you have that God even exist , other than your beliefs ?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk