Whitewater prosecutor says that there may be grounds for impeachement of Trump

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
/Donald Trump denies report he tried to fire Robert Mueller in June

If Donald Trump lied to the American people when he called reports he tried to fire Robert Mueller “fake news”, that would be grounds for impeachment, the independent counsel who investigated the Clinton White House said on Sunday.
Ken Starr, who used Bill Clinton’s false statements about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky as grounds for impeachment, told ABC’s This Week: “Lying to the American people is a serious issue that has to be explored. I take lying to the American people very, very seriously, so absolutely.”

Starr said: “That is something Bob Mueller should look at.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/trump-robert-mueller-russia-ken-starr

rexlunae

If you can impeach a president for lying, I expect a 2000+ count impeachment to come out just for the first year alone. But it's ultimately a political call, and I wouldn't want to file an article of impeachment on just lying.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
/Donald Trump denies report he tried to fire Robert Mueller in June

If Donald Trump lied to the American people when he called reports he tried to fire Robert Mueller “fake news”, that would be grounds for impeachment

Starr said: “That is something Bob Mueller should look at.”

Great idea !!! If any President ever breaks a campaign promise it's a lie !!! Impeach !!!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course there are grounds for impeachment ... but until the Dems take over, it won't happen. The cohorts in Trump's party are every bit as lawless as their leader ...