Peeling potatoes

Truster

I was peeling a potato earlier and as usual, my mind was taken up in wonder at the amount of water needed to grow it. How much sunlight, how many nutrients how many people involved in the work necessary to bring that potato to my home and onto my plate, cooked and ready to eat.
My mind is then taken to the fact that the potato had relatives and the line of relatives extends to the afternoon of the third day of creation.
And so the amount of water, sunlight, nutrients, and labour can be multiplied by numbers too high to imagine.

I'm then taken off to my Bible and the fact the paper is made from trees. I apply the same line of thought to the number of trees in a line that stretches back to the afternoon of the third day. The amount of water, sunlight, nutrients and man hours used in bringing a Bible to my home.
I then wonder at the fact that within the Bible is mentioned two trees. One of the knowledge of good and evil that bore a bitter fruit for mankind and another tree at Golgotha that bore wonderous fruit.
There was blood shed in bringing this Bible to my home. In fact, the pre-evangelism points towards the shedding of blood and from that shedding of the precious and blessed blood of the Redeemer there comes forth a new covenant that is ratified by the precious blood.

We then have the blood of the martyrs that also suffered and died to ensure the truth is kept alive. Symbolically we behold this in the two witnesses...
How many men, how many trials, how much tribulation, how many deaths were necessary for me to have access to the truth that I'm led to in these precious scriptures?

I love peeling potatoes...

Truster

For a number of years I've been checking the food I eat to discover which country it originated. Walter Raleigh was responsible for bringing the potato to England. He brought the potato in pots of earth and once presented to the Queen they were sent down to the kitchens to be cooked. Having never seen a potato before the cook disposed of the pot's and cooked the greens. Poisoning everyone at the meal although none died, thankfully. I have yet to discover a vegetable that originated in the UK. Everything has it origins elsewhere and was brought to these shores.

This is also be the case for the pre-evangelism as well as the evangelism. They were brought to these shores.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There was blood shed in bringing this Bible to my home. In fact, the pre-evangelism points towards the shedding of blood and from that shedding of the precious and blessed blood of the Redeemer there comes forth a new covenant that is ratified by the precious blood.

We then have the blood of the martyrs that also suffered and died to ensure the truth is kept alive. Symbolically we behold this in the two witnesses...
How many men, how many trials, how much tribulation, how many deaths were necessary for me to have access to the truth that I'm led to in these precious scriptures?
Good thoughts, very interesting

Stuu

I don't care for the British. I'm Welsh.
Given the challenges you appear to have with categories of things (whether believers have beliefs, whether 'Yah Shua Messiah is my Saviour' means you could reasonably be called a christian, whether Carmarthenshire can be categorised as part of Southern Wales, and now whether a Welsh person is also British) I wonder how you feel about those humans.

Stuart

Arthur Brain

I don't care for the British. I'm Welsh.

It is interesting however that the British gave the people education, democracy and law. The former colonies are in a bit of a state since the British left. That includes the America's...

I'm English and I don't give a damn about nationality but rather the person. Novel notion I know but I did enjoy working with a beautiful Welsh woman I used to drink with. :)

Truster

I'm English and I don't give a damn about nationality but rather the person. Novel notion I know but I did enjoy working with a beautiful Welsh woman I used to drink with. :)

I should have realised you were English. Stupid facial expression and silly hat. You look as if you're on a permanent holiday, in Spain.....smiles in a way that only a Welshman can.

Truster

Given the challenges you appear to have with categories of things (whether believers have beliefs, whether 'Yah Shua Messiah is my Saviour' means you could reasonably be called a christian, whether Carmarthenshire can be categorised as part of Southern Wales, and now whether a Welsh person is also British) I wonder how you feel about those humans.

Stuart

The term was said with a tongue in my cheek, but congratulations on a feeble attempt to say what you didn't actually have the courage to say. I understand that humanity is split in two. The redeemed and the unredeemed. I love, with a pure heart, my brothers and sisters in Messiah. I feel genuinely sorry for all the others, but know their condition is deserving.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The term was said with a tongue in my cheek, but congratulations on a feeble attempt to say what you didn't actually have the courage to say. I understand that humanity is split in two. The redeemed and the unredeemed. I love, with a pure heart, my brothers and sisters in Messiah. I feel genuinely sorry for all the others, but know their condition is deserving.
So, you don't love "all the others" - only your brothers and sisters in Christ? You have no idea what a pure heart is, that's your father, the devil speaking through you. Your condition, even as pure as you think you are, deserves eternal damnation, exactly the same as those you "feel sorry for" I pray to God that I never think like you.

Truster

So, you don't love "all the others" - only your brothers and sisters in Christ? You have no idea what a pure heart is, that's your father, the devil speaking through you. Your condition, even as pure as you think you are, deserves eternal damnation, exactly the same as those you "feel sorry for" I pray to God that I never think like you.

Try reading psalm 58 and you'll discover David was of the same mind as me. David was said, "to have a heart after mine heart", by Yah Veh Elohim.

Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns—
whether they be green or dry—the wicked will be swept away.
The just will be glad when they are avenged,
when they dip their feet in the blood of the wicked.
Then people will say,
“Surely the just still are rewarded;
surely there is a Elohim who judges the earth.”​

You always despise the truth pj. You have created an idol in the imagination of you heart* and name it god. You then imagine what an ideal god would say and work and when the truth is in direct opposition to what you have imagined you hate in a manner that is destructive to you and you alone.

* heart, not the blood pump.

PS love is in degrees and my love of my brethren is fervent, because I see Yah Shua in them.