God's law and salvation

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

God's law is good. No one is justified by the law. No one is saved by the law. If faith is obedience and leads to or involves obedience, is one saved by obeying God's commands in that they have repented and turned from their sin? No. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. If it is possible to save yourself, turn from your sin and turn to God and obey Him. But remember that salvation is by grace through faith and because of the finished work of Christ. Obey God in faith and you will do well. May God bless you for your obedience to Him and for His name's sake.

What are we to obey? We know who to obey, God and Jesus Christ. What commands of God are we to obey? What do we obey? Knowing that salvation is by grace through faith, what do we do for God and in God's name for others?

When you think about the new covenant, that it is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and that it is God's law written on minds and hearts, even that it is in Yeshua HaMashiach and that it is not like the old, God's grace and freedom are not divorced from obedience to God. God's grace is for sin. Freedom is freedom from sin.

Is there freedom from the law which is obedience to God? Or, is there freedom from the condemnation of the law on account of our sin? That is, do you believe that we should obey God, His instruction, His direction for us?

I observe Torah and the other commands of the Prophets, the Writings, and Matthew through Revelation. I am a Jew, being a convert to Judaism, and not knowing if I have Jewish blood, heritage, or ancestry.

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

"The just shall live by trust".

The unjust will make it up as they go along trying to establish their own justness having not submitted themselves to the justness of Elohim.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"The just shall live by trust".

The unjust will make it up as they go along trying to establish their own justness having not submitted themselves to the justness of Elohim.

Shalom.

Do you remember where you are getting the just shall live by trust from?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Habakkuk 2:4 Romans 1:17 Galatians 3:11 Hebrews 10:38

Trust conveys what the original conveyed.
Shalom.

The word faith is used. I believe that I have seen the word faithfulness. I do not recall where or how.

Shalom.

Jacob