How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

If Paul preached the faith He once destroyed, how can it be a "different gospel"?

It is obvious to any one not caught up in the errors of MAD that MAD is a twist and out of context acceptance of what scripture does NOT teach.

Good observation. But if you adhere to replacement theology then you have to ignore chapter 6 where Paul distinguishes the "them" and the "Israel of God" or you can take the NIV committee's work and remove the "and" from the verse to fit your replacement theology need to do away with the distinction.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The word gospel in the first century did not carry any religious meaning at all. It was a military term. The confusion about "2 gospels" can be cleared up if we realize that fact. The gospel of the cross, the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. It would be better to interchange the term gospel with the word message.

There were 2 messages proclaimed. The first was by John the Baptist and he said that the kingdom of heaven or the Messianic kingdom was near and everyone needed to be baptized and believe his message.

Jesus did not contradict John's proclamation of the kingdom and sent out 70 Jewish disciples to go only to fellow Jews to tell them that the Messiah was here and the kingdom was at the door.

The turning point in this was Matthew 12 the unpardonable sin by Israel that caused Jesus to rescind the offer of the 70 man message that the kingdom could have been set up. Immediately following that event Jesus implemented the parabolic method of teaching because for Israel of that day and for the unbelieving, they were not to be allowed to understand the coming age.

The message of the cross begins to go into effect and it is met with opposition by the disciples who were still hoping for an overthrow of the Roman government and the establishment of a Jewish kingdom.

There is only one name by which we can be saved and it is by hearing the message of John 3:14-18 that anyone can be saved.
Paul makes that clear in Galatians 3 when he tells us that it doesn't matter if Jew or Greek male or female bond or free, only thru the name of Jesus can one be saved. And to believe in the name of Jesus is to accept His substitutionary death burial and resurrection for their own sins.

For MAD to claim that Isaiah and the prophets did not reveal the nature of the Servant of Jehovah's propitiatory death is proof of unworthy scholarship.

In my thread: Messianic Christology, I have copied everything concerning Jesus from the Law, the Prophets, and the writings. From just a comprehensive study of those passages we can prove the message of the propitiation of Christ was revealed BC.

There is a reason that people lie and claim "there are over a gazillion prophecies fulfilled by Jesus from the OT." No one bothers to make a list. Fruchtenbaum did, its here, first thread I made at TOL.

There is a reason why MADists hadn't compiled that list as well. Because they're too lazy and too brainwashed to accept the facts.

You know the definition of a musterion in scriptures is: something totally unrevealed in the OT now revealed for the first time in the NT.

Salvation of the Gentiles was known in the OT. Therefore that is not a musterion.

Salvation by grace was known in the OT. Therefore salvation by grace is not a musterion.

The substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of the Servant of Jehovah aka the Messiah was known in the OT. Therefore the cross was not a musterion.

Sorry to burst that bubble but I am one student of the Hebrew bible that they can't tell me that the cross was unknown in the OT.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL