A Conservative Christian College Protest of Mike Pence

exminister

GROVE CITY, Pa. — On Saturday, Vice President Mike Pence will give the commencement address at Grove City College, the small Christian institution in Western Pennsylvania where I am a junior. A few years ago, Mr. Pence would have been a noncontroversial choice. Other prominent Republicans, including Ben Carson, Jeb Bush and Laura Bush, have spoken here, and the school is known for its conservative values. Indeed, the phrase “conservative values” is in the Grove City mission statement.

But the announcement that Mr. Pence would be commencement speaker this year drew considerable backlash. Alumni and students flooded administrators’ inboxes with emails protesting the decision, and faculty members have called for boycotts. Many who oppose the decision say that hosting Mr. Pence will serve as an endorsement of the current president.

More at

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/opinion/mike-pence-college-protest.html

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
How can you blame them for walking out on Pence ? He is a horrible human being, the kind who gives Christianity a bad name .
Mike Pence is the Christian equivalent of Muslim fanatics. Not violent like the most extreme Muslims, but just as fanatical, intolerant , narrow-minded , self - righteous and ignorant .
He is the worst kind of politician - a theocrat . If you can't keep your religion out of your politics, you should not be a politician or try to run for any political office .
I have the feeling that Trump may have chosen Pence to be his running mate in the disastrous 2016 election because he knows the Democrats would be reluctant to impeach him and have Pence take over as president . As awful as Trump is, Pence would be a far worse one . He is one scary guy .
Please don't misconstruct what I'm saying as hatred of Christians in general in America .
I absolutely do not hate Christians as a whole . It's only the extreme ones whom I abhor .

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I didn't say protesting is bad. I pointed out that libtards piss and moan about everything.
Oh. :eek:

I do get tired from what seems like a constant stream of protests over speakers. However, I think I understand an example like this more than the others. Inviting someone to commencement feels more like an endorsement of the person and their message than the Ann Coulter thing, for example. So if the students want to protest Pence and what they think is an endorsement of him and his policies then it doesn't bother me as much as other situations.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
A Conservative Christian College Protest of Mike Pence

A graduation should be for the students - not for some "tone-deaf" administrators to impose a speaker of whom the students obviously disapprove!

Pence may have been an honourable governor at one time - but he has, on his own volition, sold his soul to serve perhaps the most unChristian President in history!

Pence made his decision - and the students made there's!