ECT Acts 26:22-23 prove MAD to be a lie plus many other verses of scripture.

dodge

Acts 26:22-23

22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Did you understand what "PAUL" said ?

1. Paul said "obtained help of God,"
2. " "saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come"
3. " That Christ should suffer".
4. " that he should be the first that should rise from the dead".
5. " and should shew light"
6. " unto the people( Jews)".
7 " and to the Gentiles".

Looks like MAD is a lie if you believe the scripture. You have to ignore the context of the above "2" verses plus many others to believe and follow MAD.

To be MAD you have to ignore context of scripture.
" " " " " " " " " " and individual words in scripture and context of types in the OT and pretty much all of the NT.

Reactions: Lon

drbrumley

22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

2. " "saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come"

Looks like MAD is a lie if you believe the scripture. You have to ignore the context of the above "2" verses plus many others to believe and follow MAD.

" " " " " " " " " " and individual words in scripture and context of types in the OT and pretty much all of the NT.

:sigh:

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 22
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Sets the stage for your quote in the OP.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you really believe that in #2 Paul means that he never said anything else but that, then you'll need to mark out quite a bit of what he wrote in his letters.

All Paul meant in #2, as he is defending himself against unbelieving Jews, is that his core message does not disagree with what Israel's prophets said would come and that that much(the DBR) had been fulfilled.

drbrumley

You see, what you fail to realize, or don't care to realize (shame on you for that) is Paul is defending Himself against the charges of the Jews. Which is why He is before King Agrippa to begin with.

dodge

So what's the context of these verses?

This one part of one verse exposes MAD as a lie.

Paul acknowledged that everything he preached was in the OT. It really isn't that hard if you don't dump context to stay in a lie.

Acts 26:22

Hers is a hint: "saying nothing that wasn't in the prophets and Moses did say should come".

Looks like the "mystery" was prophesied by the prophets and told by Moses if you don't violate the context that is.

According to Paul MAD is nothing but hot air !

dodge

You see, what you fail to realize, or don't care to realize (shame on you for that) is Paul is defending Himself against the charges of the Jews. Which is why He is before King Agrippa to begin with.

No joke ! That does not change what Paul witnessed to Agtippa now does it !

This one part of one verse exposes MAD as a lie.

Paul acknowledged that everything he preached was in the OT. It really isn't that hard if you don't dump context to stay in a lie.

Acts 26:22

Hers is a hint: "saying nothing that wasn't in the prophets and Moses did say should come".

Looks like the "mystery" was prophesied by the prophets and told by Moses if you don't violate the context that is.

According to Paul MAD is nothing but hot air !

dodge

If you really believe that in #2 Paul means that he never said anything else but that, then you'll need to mark out quite a bit of what he wrote in his letters.

All Paul meant in #2, as he is defending himself against unbelieving Jews, is that his core message does not disagree with what Israel's prophets said would come and that that much(the DBR) had been fulfilled.

Steko, you are smarter than that ! As in concerning Christ Jesus and the D.B.R.- Jesus as payment for sin-salvation by grace -ascension etc.

What MADist ignore are the actual words of Paul !

22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great,saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Steko, you are smarter than that !

Show where Israel's OT prophets or anyone before Paul said:

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Show us anyone but Paul who speaks of a new creation which he calls the BOC where there are Jews and Gentiles one new man, no longer to the Jew first.

There's more but you're likely too hardheaded to receive even this much.

dodge

SaulToPaul;5011013]Acts 22
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

So do you believe Paul lied in Vs.22 when he witnessed before Agrippa in setting the stage ?

dodge

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Show us anyone but Paul who speaks of a new creation which he calls the BOC where there are Jews and Gentiles one new man, no longer to the Jew first.

Go read Peter's letters again without the MAD glasses it is in there.

dodge

Yeah we know, Paul didn't speak of the mystery and this proof text you supplied proves without any doubt in your mind Paul was speaking of no mystery...Heard it all before....yap, yap, yap.

Nope, you have ignored it all before to stay in error. Yap, Yap, Yap is about all MAD is.

dodge

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows:
yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Go read Peter's letters again without the MAD glasses it is in there.

When did Peter write his letters chronologically compared to Christ's revelations to Paul and Paul's confrontation of Peter and the 'right hands of fellowship' which took place during the history of Acts and according to Gal 2?

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows:
yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

That's not what Christ revealed through Paul concerning the middle wall of partition now being broken down and Jew and Gentile being placed in one new body, the BOC, without distinction.

Christ's suffering, death and resurrection was certainly revealed to Israel through the prophets but there is nothing there about the new program that Christ revealed through Paul.

You seem to be just lashing out in hatred against something that you don't really understand, sorta' like Don Quixote fighting with windmills.