ECT 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV, and clearing up the fog. re. 1 John 3:9 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
One of the underlying foundations of 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV, is recognizing that, yes, there are divisions in scripture, despite protests/cries to the contrary. And where this interpretative approach to understanding the scriptures "comes out on top," is that, if you recognize those divisions/distinctions, considering when the scripture in view is written, to whom, and what went before, and after, contradictions, conflicting instructions/doctrine need not be "splained away," but make sense. Being a former Roman Catholic, the religious prostitute known as the Roman Catholic Organization is the prime example, of failure to rightly divide the word of truth, as it "follows Peter," as its apostle, its foundation being the Lord Jesus Christ's primary ministry to "the little flock," in the prophetic program, under the law, which, yes, conflicts, despite more protests/cries to the contrary, with the doctrine as given to the apostle Paul, "the apostle to the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KKJV), under the mystery program.

Folks-Not all of the book is specifically written to you/me, is about you/me, or is it for our obedience. Get that straight, and your blood pressure will go down. Get honest with yourself- see/admit the, yes, contradictions/conflicts that are there, if you do not comprehend/employ the right division interpretative approach. I/those that recognize those divisions need not apologize to others, whether it be to atheists, Muslims, Catholics, JW's................who cry, "Look at all the conflicting doctrine in Christianity!!!!!You cannot agree!!!!"

And now, the subject of this brilliant, yet humble, award winning thread.........

Look up who this "Little children" is....

1 John 3:9 KJV

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3 KJV

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

This is a cry for "sinlessness, just like the Lord had-"But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."-that is the context-born again, the nation of Israel, both spiritually regenerated, and physically regenerated, in resurrected bodies, of flesh and bone, where they will walk in His ordinances, part of the blessings of the NC, not subject to the sin nature.

John "ties" "we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" not with the physical attributes of the Saviour, but with His "inner" attributes-no sin..."in him is no sin"-verse 5, and hence verses 6-9:

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

It has NADA to do with how they will look "outside." The context of "we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" is the hope of "sinlessness," which will be realized in spiritually and physically regenerated bodies in the future-the nation Israel, on earth, in resurrected bodies, spiritually and physically regenerated, will not sin.....the blessings of the NC, made with the remnant of Israel.....not addressed to members of the boc....

Again, for the babes/sheep, to emphasize the importance of rightly dividing the word of truth, per 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV- Whom is being addressed:?

1 John 2 KJV

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

John 13:33 KJV

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

The writer? John, to whom the Lord Jesus Christ gave charge of His mother, per John 19:25-28 KJV.

="little children"=a term of affection, employed by the Lord Jesus Christ, including "the little flock"-Luke 12:32 KJV,...

Mt. 12 KJV

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Thus, John "takes hold," "adopts" the Lord's spiritual family, the "born again" little children....

1 Peter 1 KJV

3 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 John 2:1 KJV

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

A parent first teaches his child to "sin not."

These are not lost people, sinners, for...

...we have an advocate with the Father,...

It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children, whether it be the believing remnant, the little flock, of the nation Israel, or the boc.

That being said, the context of this address is to future "tribulation" saints, "the little flock," not to members of the body of Christ, during the "Great Trib," when they will be supernaturally empowered,much like the "for taste" at Pentecost...

Hebrews 6:5 KJV

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

...., "born again," under the blessings of the New Covenant, not to sin:

1 John 3 KJV

Survey Ez. 36 KJV...

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Survey Jer. 31 KJV...

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

1 John 2

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Compare-And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him : and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

To whom is John speaking? The audience?

"his seed remaineth in him"

Is this "seed" the word of God? 1 Peter 1:23 KJV?

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

But 1 John 3:9 says "his seed,"i.e., referring to that person's own seed.

Details of the book matter...

Gen 17 KJV

19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Details-pay attention to "first mention." This is the first mention in the book of the words "his seed," and 1 John 3:9 KJV, is the last mention. Details matter.

Some of the other verses with the words "his seed" are Jeremiah 3:9 KJV, Luke 1:55 KJV, Acts 7:6 KJV, Romans 4:13 KJV.

The normal usage of "his seed" in both the OT and NT, refer to a man's seed, as in, his sperm, or his offspring.

Arguing that "his seed" in 1 John 3:9 KJV refers to the word of God seems a "stretch"-it does not seem consistent with it's normal usage in the book.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Any other men in the book,whose seed will remain in them?

Rev 14:3-5 KJV

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

The 144,000 during the "Great Trib"will have their seed remaining in them, for they are virgins.

Get it?

They are "without fault before the throne of God."

This would explain 1 John 3:9 KJV.

John's epistles-aimed at Jews, who would have entered the Great Trib period, during John's time, if the nation Israel had accepted the Lord Jesus as the Messiah, the Christ.

The 2,000+ year interim period that we are in now was not seen by John.He very well could have been preparing the Jews for the tribulation, thinking it would happen very soon.

As an aside...Survey:

John 1:47 KJV

Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

? I thought the Lord Jesus Christ was the only person, who was walking the earth, during the events of John 1, in whom there was no guile! No, He was speaking in His role, as the prophet, "seeing" the future believing remnant, represented by "Nate,"in the mil. k., experiencing both the physical and spiritual blessing of the NC-resurrected bodies, on earth, having the ability not to sin.

"Rightly divide" the word of truth-understand what is written to members of the boc, and what is written specifically for another audience.

I know, I know.....Let the boos begin, rain down on you, MAD wacko dispensationalist, bible chopper....cherry picker....bible stripper, John W......You are so mean spirited, intolerant, unloving, belligerent, not being led by the Spirit......We will pray for you...

And the beat goes on,.....La de da de de...

Well, after hearing the bleachers boo, I could go for a little "spirit".......Perhaps a Miller Light, or gin and tonic....

Carry on...

Last edited: